2015 Aussie Rules season

General sports news and discussions.
downunder
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by downunder » October 5, 2015, 2:30 pm

I am sure it will all blow over with lagers like Chick coming off second best. I would think that Mr. Chick should find a big hole to hide himself in. DU

wazza
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by wazza » October 5, 2015, 2:33 pm

Wasnt there some common law claim against the Weagles from Chick over duty of care and his alleged substance abuse etc...

Employment issue... unfair dismissal perhaps.

Lawyers involved so who knows

jackspratt
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by jackspratt » October 5, 2015, 2:49 pm

downunder wrote:
Enough evidence Jack. Mid 60s and later.
Where are steroids mentioned in relation to the Eagles, DU?

As for Chick's use:
Customs found nine vials of anabolic steroids in Chick's luggage.

The court was told Chick's body was battered after his AFL career and he wanted to build up his strength for a job in the mining industry.

His lawyer also said Chick was later prescribed steroids by a doctor in Perth.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-02-11/g ... site=perth

downunder
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by downunder » October 5, 2015, 3:43 pm

Jack, it was common knowledge that Ben Cousins and others were on something. Chick in a previous report stated that they used Predisolone.
"The court was told Chick's body was battered after his AFL Career and he wanted to build up his strength for a job in the mining industry."
"His Lawyer also said Chick was later prescribed steroids by a Doctor in Perth.
PREDISOLONE; I have been on this steroid for years first it was to help with the pain of Arthritis, and now later in my years I take it to help my breathing. COPD. I have taken it now for12 years, Dose: one 5 mil tablet once a day.
One of the bad problems it has that if you bump anything with any part of your body, your skin will bruise, and if hard enough it will tear. That's why he was battered. Jack, this ***** Chick was a former Hawthorn player transferred to the West Coast and left in very unfavourable circumstances. Obviously had a grudge.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by jackspratt » October 5, 2015, 4:02 pm

Yes, you are right DU - I didn't realise prednisolone was a steroid.

I was thinking steroids of the anabolic variety.
Prednisone is a corticosteroid. In contrast to anabolic steroids (used by “bodybuilders”), corticosteroids are used in inflammatory conditions for their anti–inflammatory effects. They have a rapid onset of action, and profoundly affect many parts of the immune system as well as most other body systems.

http://www.hopkinsvasculitis.org/vascul ... rednisone/

GT93
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by GT93 » October 5, 2015, 11:37 pm

Chick's post footy career story is a good reminder just how much modern professional contact sports damage the body. For many of the players it might not have been worth it.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

marjamlew
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by marjamlew » October 12, 2015, 5:33 pm

Well done to Collingwood and Gary Pert for leading the way. Shouldn't be advertising the punt when the kiddies are having a look at the footy.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015 ... ling-money
Watch Me!!

downunder
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by downunder » October 13, 2015, 8:18 pm

Good pick up Lew, so early in the draw, Suckling should be a BIG asset for the Doggies. Carlton seem to want everyone, so we wait and see what eventually happens. We sure as Hell do not want any Druggies. Interesting days to come, new season, new coach, hopefully better group of players who really want to produce their best and the will to WIN. GO BAGGERS. DU

GT93
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by GT93 » October 14, 2015, 12:33 am

Yes well done Collingwood, I too have no time for gambling being marketed during sports. It's annoying and also partly targeting youngsters.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by marjamlew » October 14, 2015, 6:32 am

downunder wrote:Good pick up Lew, so early in the draw, Suckling should be a BIG asset for the Doggies. Carlton seem to want everyone, so we wait and see what eventually happens. We sure as Hell do not want any Druggies. Interesting days to come, new season, new coach, hopefully better group of players who really want to produce their best and the will to WIN. GO BAGGERS. DU
Interesting times when a player like Suckling wants to come to the Western Oval (am sure the three year contract didn't hurt). I hope Carlton stick with the draft DU and don't go swapping picks for players other clubs are prepared to let go. Gotta do it through the draft.
Yes GT I cringe when a 11 year old student tells me they picked Hawthorn to beat Collingwood because they were paying a $1.20. 11 year old kids shouldn't know this stuff and should just love their heroes and the game.
Watch Me!!

downunder
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by downunder » October 14, 2015, 3:51 pm

Day three, nothing of any real benefit, and nothing very positive as yet to come to Carlton's benefit. I would have thought by now that SOS would have had competent exchanges by getting in on the better players that are wanting change. The Henderson deal, got nothing, have to wait one year, for what. 16, 17, 18 first round pick in 2016. We should have been harder to a better deal. We want good players NOW to build a team around, not wait one year. What a waste most of the better choices are already or nearly gone. If this is any indication what we have to expect for the rest of the draft, or go the same way as last year and got no one of any value, then we need Divine Intervention. DU

GT93
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by GT93 » October 15, 2015, 1:52 am

Rebuilding has its challenges. Some players might be a big help in the next season but clubs also need players who'll become a big help in 2, 3 or more years. The club staff are probably focusing on the next two years since their jobs may be on the line in that time period. I suspect if a club wants to chase a premiership it needs to give more weight to years beyond the next two.

downunder
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by downunder » October 15, 2015, 3:08 pm

Day Four , Carbon Copy of Day Three, nothing for the Press and nothing positive. You would think by now Carlton would have played a more important role and showed some interest?????toward a player of ability. The only good thing to come so far is the willingness of Jack Silvagni ,SOS, to want to play for us. last Monday, Carlton wanted everyone, like a little boy in a lolly shop, where did the enthusiasm go??? DU

grievous
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by grievous » October 15, 2015, 3:36 pm

Day Four was a good day for the Bombers recruiting a badly needed ruck man from the Lions in Leuenberger. It now looks as though the Saints will have to give up pick 5 for Carlisle or the Bombers will receice picks 15 & 18 in a three way deal wilth the Kanga's and the Hawkes.

downunder
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by downunder » October 16, 2015, 11:52 am

Still stagnant, the better deals are all but finished and still not a word coming out at Carlton. My mind boggles trying to think what they are up to, maybe they think that amassing picks for next year will give them the first 18 selections plus, or perhaps wining the wooden spoon is far better than nothing at all. I think that I will have to call on Trump to make us great again, bigger and greater than ever before. DU

GT93
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by GT93 » October 17, 2015, 4:41 am

I read one of the Hawk players may be in a bit of hot water. The Essendon story is in a quiet phase but another ugly narrative might be starting.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by marjamlew » October 17, 2015, 1:05 pm

One for you DU. From the good old days :D
Attachments
12143177_1000841923312021_8654635607495733843_n.jpg
Watch Me!!

downunder
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by downunder » October 17, 2015, 1:43 pm

Thanks Lew, before my time, I am beginning to understand SOS now and what his intentions are for Carlton in 2016. Carlton will be represented by GWS. DU

marjamlew
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by marjamlew » October 17, 2015, 4:07 pm

downunder wrote:Thanks Lew, before my time, I am beginning to understand SOS now and what his intentions are for Carlton in 2016. Carlton will be represented by GWS. DU
I reckon SOS is going to build a team through the draft, which is what Hawthorn did in 2004 and Geelong did before that. It's the only way to go. Build your base through the draft and then add here and there when a player of worth becomes available. Only champion traded in the last week is Dangerfield the rest have been at best good ordinary players. Keep the faith DU.
Watch Me!!

wazza
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by wazza » October 19, 2015, 3:48 pm

Pentridge , might have a good side this year, with a few Hawks trading their positions

Return to “World Sports”