EPL 2015/16

General sports news and discussions.
Zidane
udonmap.com

New thread for next season EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » December 21, 2015, 9:45 am

With Ancellotti joining Bayern Munich on a 3 year contract at the end of the season,Uniteds options for a replacement are limited.
Manchester City are favourites to land Guardiola so thats why Mourinho's name is being bandied about,I guess.
Maybe Tony Pulis so we can adopt a more attacking style ! :yikes:

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » December 21, 2015, 10:33 am

I think the time was right to get rid of Pardew but maybe, (no more than likely) he inherited a better squad with the Eagles. We then employ Carver as interim and then an even bigger ***** in McLaren (not withstanding the last two wins) who cannot even organise the side to beat the rock bottom team and whipping boys in Villa. :oops:
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » December 21, 2015, 11:46 am

747man wrote:Oi Dezz,Hope Yer Watching That Debacle......555...
747 What a disgrace :(
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 21, 2015, 11:48 am

dezzer wrote:
747man wrote:Oi Dezz,Hope Yer Watching That Debacle......555...
747 What a disgrace :(
CWqWKF_W4AElFVW.jpg

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » December 21, 2015, 12:09 pm

Man Utd fan walks into a travel agent feeling a bit depressed on Monday morning.
Fan; "got any short winter breaks?"
TA; "You can't beat the Canaries in December".
555 (NCFC fan).

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 21, 2015, 5:31 pm

socksy wrote:..... he inherited a better squad with the Eagles.
I'll let you judge that. I think he came to Palace on the clear understanding some money would be spent ( perhaps different to Pulis and the reason he went, although it's never be made clear). Cabaye, Sako, Wickham, McCarthy, Lee Chung Yong, Zaha (loan made permanent), Bamford (loan from Chelsea) Hangeland (further extension of contract) all followed Pardew's arrival. Only Cabaye, Sako, Wickham and Zaha have really been first choices.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 22, 2015, 5:21 am

Whoops! I forgot Papa Souare (first choice) and Jordan Mutch. If one looks alone at the number of 'newish' players who are regularly picked and play, fair to say that Pardew brought in half a team.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 22, 2015, 1:15 pm

Last night Arsenal 2 Manchester City 1.....Arsenal will be in second place at Christmas after goals by Theo Walcott and Olivier Giroud gave them a comfortable half time lead.City were actually the dominant side in the first 30 minutes and pulled one back through Yaya Toure with 10 minutes left,but it wasnt enough.

Now something I found on the Red Cafe site....it concerns Louis Van Gaal when he was sacked by Bayern Munich almost 5 years ago.The same piece could be written today,just slot in Manchester United for Bayern Munich.....deja vu ? :confused:

Apr 12, 2011 15:20:00

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has sharply criticised Louis van Gaal for his egotistical nature.
In the aftermath of Louis van Gaal's sacking, Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has pinpointed the coach's attitude as his primary weakness, and revealed that die Roten have suffered all season long under the Dutchman's reign.
"These are not pleasant times we're experiencing but we really have been playing out of tune for the whole season," Rummenigge told Bild.
"I don't know. We really wanted to end the season with Van Gaal. But we also said if Champions League qualification is in danger, we must act as we did on Saturday."
Rummenigge explained that Van Gaal's egotistical and authoritarian attitude proved to be his downfall. =;
"Van Gaal's failure is clearly in his attitude, if that mentality is customary - as it is with [Felix] Magath - you have to have success. If it fails, you lose your friends. And the look of the league table and the other competitors is sobering."
Bayern are currently behind last year's relegation battlers Hannover in fourth place and are in danger of missing out on a spot in Europe's most elite club competition.
Rummenigge's words are a step back from the very harsh comments he made on Sunday following Van Gaal's sacking.
"It all came to a head yesterday. There’s an old German proverb: you keep carrying the jug to the well, until it breaks. Yesterday, it broke," he said on Sunday.
"The sh*t hit the fan, to put it bluntly, with the decision to replace Jorg Butt."
The replacement of the veteran Butt with young goalkeeper Thomas Kraft in January was a controversial one, and the Bayern board openly opposed the change.
"Louis van Gaal ignored our advice. The entire defence is unsettled, and the whole business with Manuel Neuer would never have escalated to what it's become."
Club president Uli Honess was also very harsh in his criticism of Van Gaal.
"Saying the players still backed the coach is a fairytale. You get the feeling one or two of the players were paralysed by fear in recent weeks."
The board members are now expecting an emphatic turnaround against Bayer Leverkusen this weekend. As Honess put it, he foresees an explosion.
"The players have worn a mental straitjacket for months, and that will be torn off."
Bayern have a must-win scenario next weeked as they play second-placed Leverkusen. The Bavarians remain one point behind third spot and a Champions League spot.

Note:Without Van Gaal Bayern beat Leverkeusen 5-1 and qualified for the UEFA Champions League.

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » December 22, 2015, 2:39 pm

LvG has to change or go.
I just can't see him changing as to do so would mean accepting the work he has done so far has failed. He is simply to stubborn and arrogant to accept he is wrong.
If he leaves then the clear favourite to replace hi is Jose and for me that's out of the frying pan and in to the deepest of deep fat fryers.
Plan C Giggs till then end of season if we can secure Pep (another 2 or 3 season then move on option) out of the 3 I think the best option but still not ideal.

What a mess

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » December 23, 2015, 11:42 am

Macca wrote:LvG has to change or go.

If he leaves then the clear favourite to replace hi is Jose and for me that's out of the frying pan and in to the deepest of deep fat fryers.
What a mess

Stop worrying Macca :cry: 8-[ [-o<
As previously written, and despite several unsubstantiated media reports of JM having already met with the Utd Board, I totally reject the possibility of the Club inviting further chaos by employing the dictatorial & divisive JM. Similarly I think rumours of Real re-employing JM are unrealistic, notwithstanding his 'friend in high places' there, pushing for his return.
There is a factor for any club considering JM as its Manager, which has yet to be mentioned in the media. How attractive would the thought of working under JM now be to any top player when considering a transfer to a club managed by him; bearing in mind termination of his last four appointments have come about , predominantly, because of the disenchantment of the players?
The most famous club side in the world, (hate to have to admit it!), managed by the, best AVAILABLE (!), Manager in the world , makes sense. So, assuming the inevitable, Giggs, who I am confident has the experience, ability and backup support to ensure Champions League qualification, in charge until the end of the season.
For your amusement, here is my 2015-16 Managerial forecast:
Arsenal= Wenger; Chelsea=Simeone (although a Gus & Drogba management continuation a possibility?);
City=Pellegrini; Utd=Guardiola; Spurs=Pochettino; Everton=Martinez.
Mourinho= to end up in France or Italy to obtain some more easy money and easy trophies, or join LvG \:D/ .
LvG= retire and go into rehab. :lol:
Merry Xmas to all. I hope you Utd & Chelsea supporters enjoy a less stressful second half of the season. Can only offer my sympathy to, and suggest, you two Newcastle supporters take a six months sabbatical away from football. Perhaps by then Ashley will have departed, and your favourite, Pardew, returned! \:D/

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » December 23, 2015, 12:41 pm

"Merry Xmas to all. I hope you Utd & Chelsea supporters enjoy a less stressful second half of the season. Can only offer my sympathy to, and suggest, you two Newcastle supporters take a six months sabbatical away from football. Perhaps by then Ashley will have departed, and your favourite, Pardew, returned"

Football, what Football?

Half of the team, Fat 'Arsley' and McLaren will never be notables connected with the word as long as their 'arsholes' point downwards. :oops:
Alba gu bràth

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » December 23, 2015, 1:43 pm

mathusalah80 wrote:
Macca wrote:LvG has to change or go.

What a mess

Stop worrying Macca :cry: 8-[ [-o<
As previously written, and despite several unsubstantiated media reports of JM having already met with the Utd Board, I totally reject the possibility of the Club inviting further chaos by employing the dictatorial & divisive JM.
It really is a case of when and not if, unfortunately.
The issue appears to be surrounding Jose's pay off from the Russian. If he moves in to a new contract to quickly he will lose out on a substantial pay off.
Listening to Talksport yesterday and it appears I am definitely in the minority. The majority seem to think Jose is just what United need right now.
Boxing Day at the Britannia. LvGs last game or Joses first, bet the Stoke fans can't wait.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 23, 2015, 3:18 pm

Its very unfortunate that Ancellotti is going to Bayern Munich as he would be a good choice for United.
Ed Woodward should do his utmost to persuade Guardiola to come but I think he is going to end up at City.
All this talk about Mourinho from the fans is because they want Van Gaal out at any price ! If they were asked to choose between David Cameron and Van Gaal as the United manager,they would vote for David Cameron ! :roll:

Heres one to make socksy and statto smile at Xmas......on the Red Cafe forum Alan Pardew is being talked about as the next Man United manager ! :shock: what a difference a year makes,eh ! :-"

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » December 24, 2015, 7:32 am

Looks like "The Toffees may be getting "The Sugar Daddy(ies)they've craved for these past decades?
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35167102

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » December 24, 2015, 8:55 am

"Here's one to make socksy and statto smile at Xmas......on the Red Cafe forum Alan Pardew is being talked about as the next Man United manager. What a difference a year makes,eh !

Wrong thread Zid. Should be on consolidated joke. I thought he was being groomed as the next National team manager :lol: ;)
Alba gu bràth

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 24, 2015, 9:38 am

goodison wrote:Looks like "The Toffees may be getting "The Sugar Daddy(ies)they've craved for these past decades?
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35167102
Yeah, Just Maybe the " Offer " of 200 Million Pounds MIGHT Persuade Bill to sell THIS Time,Also as he has not been too well for the past couple of months may also help.... :-k :-k

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » December 24, 2015, 12:43 pm

[quote="Zidane.
Ed Woodward should do his utmost to persuade Guardiola to come but I think he is going to end up at City.

Very unlikely to happen Zid, if my UK rumour sources, suggesting that it is Woodward & AF who are pushing for JM, and are at loggerheads with Bobby Charlton, are to be believed. Charlton is said to be fiercely protective of UT's world wide reputation, which he fears could be further damaged by the advent of JM, (of whom he has never been an admirer), following immediately after the ongoing debacle with LvG.
There is also some suggestion that Woodward holds greater power than LvG, and therefore greater responsibility for, the decision making process, as regards players transfers, both in and out. If true, perhaps this system should be changed, since I cannot imagine any Manager worth his salt accepting that arrangement.
However, both the above are unsubstantiated rumours, in common with the other hundred or so, currently being bandied about. Plenty to keep all us football fans occupied.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 24, 2015, 2:55 pm

Heres One for Macca & Zids....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
CW-W89dWMAAr060.jpg

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 25, 2015, 11:19 am

Thats actually very good,Alan,and made me laugh if only for a second ! =D>
But Boxing Day is a very important day for you as neither Bob or myself are in situ in Udon,so thousands of football fans worldwide will be "relying on you" :yikes: for the full time scores !

Just enter the actual scores eg.Newcastle 4 Everton 0,Manchester City 0 Sunderland 1 and press the submit button...

First match,Stoke v Man United kicks off at 7.45pm Thai time and the last game Southampton v Arsenal will finish at around 4.30am Sunday morning,so well done to 747man for staying up and providing the results service ! \:D/

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 25, 2015, 11:29 am

I hope you're cursing about the results this weekend Zids and 747man is dancing in the Nong Khai sois. :D
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “World Sports”