EPL 2015/16

General sports news and discussions.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

New thread for next season EPL 2015/16

Post by BobHelm » March 21, 2016, 8:31 am

score.png
score.png (14.22 KiB) Viewed 1456 times
The NE derby ended in a draw that takes neither side out of the zone, but gives them both hope of doing so. It looks almost certain that at least 1 of these sides will disappear into the Championship at season end, if not both. Rafa at least stopped the losing sequence but it was not too much of a display to inspire much in the way of hope.

Pool looked to have easily won the game by half time but succeeded in throwing it all away. Klopp needs a mass change of personnel in the summer - which never bodes too well for the following season..

Marcus Rashford became the youngest player ever to score in this derby. Citi look a shadow of the side when Vincent Kompany is not playing & were all over the shop in defence here.
Pepe has some serious work to do here next season as it looks like their will be a real premium for any decent central defender who want to move to Citi, Chelsea, Arsenal or United in the summer.

No such worries for Spurs who at least keep some pressure on leaders Leicester. Harry Kane turned this into a procession as he scored twice within the first quarter of an hour. Unlike Pool, Spurs never looked in danger of being turned over by a fightback!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 21, 2016, 8:48 am

City have been shocking in the league since it was announced Guardiola would be taking over at the end of the season.
They have a real fight on their hands to maintain the 4th spot now with,maybe,West Ham their main rivals.
But,looking at the league table,Liverpool in 9th cant be entirely discounted being 7 points behind City but with a game in hand.If they had held on at Southampton they would have been very handily placed.
Look well if Guardiola comes to City and they are not in the Champions League ! \:D/
United held on after man of the match,Rashfords,early goal.Although City were very poor they still managed 26 shots to Uniteds 5.
It would be great if United did claim the 4th spot but,even if they do,Van Gaal has to go.We cant endure another season of this boring dross.
The one good thing Van Gaal has done is give youngsters a chance and they play without inhibition but the longer they become regulars in the first team the natural instinct will be sucked out of them with Van Gaals tactics.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » March 21, 2016, 9:19 am

Some really good goals in the Southampton/Liverpool match but thrown away by Liverpool. Man City, on pressure and shots, should have at least got a draw, and United may have had a valid penalty claim when Rashford went down (there was 95% more contact there than Benteke at Selhurst Park recently). Maybe Smalling can consider himself fortunate to finish the game after what would have been a second soft yellow card but I've seen them given for less. Tottenham showed once again their quality and should Leicester slip up they will be the main contenders. Toon v Sunderland. Mmmmm! Hardly inspiring from either and Newcastle's piss poor defending was obvious again. Amazingly, and rarely seen , Newcastle scored after a Sunderland player was adjudged to have committed a foul throw and they scored moments later.

April 2nd and 3rd are the next round of EPL fixtures due to International friendlies.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » March 21, 2016, 9:23 am

747man wrote:I Found Your Photo on T'internet.....FLICKER,Going on a Date Where YOU ??....
saga.gif
LiverPOO Still lead 2-0 at Half Time.....Coutiniho & Sturridge Both scored OFFSIDE Goals..... :shock: :shock:
Are you sure 747? Maybe you nicked it from my previous post of the same image on UM.
Alba gu bràth

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 21, 2016, 12:04 pm

socksy wrote:
747man wrote:I Found Your Photo on T'internet.....FLICKER,Going on a Date Where YOU ??....
saga.gif
LiverPOO Still lead 2-0 at Half Time.....Coutiniho & Sturridge Both scored OFFSIDE Goals..... :shock: :shock:
Are you sure 747? Maybe you nicked it from my previous post of the same image on UM.
Maybe I Did " Nick It " Socks.....Apologies... :lol: :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 21, 2016, 12:06 pm

Oh ! Dear Dezz, Now you know what it feels like losing from A Winning Position.....So WE Are not UNIQUE....

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 21, 2016, 2:13 pm

Interesting statistics prior to last night games.....home and way league tables.
1.Leicester and the Spuds deservedly top of the pile.
2.Villa where they belong,obviously.
3.Compare Evertons home and away record :shock:
4.Crystal Palace....10 defeats at home. :-s
home table.png
away table.png

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » March 21, 2016, 4:38 pm

747man wrote:Oh ! Dear Dezz, Now you know what it feels like losing from A Winning Position.....So WE Are not UNIQUE....
Atrocious mate what shambles :-&
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » March 23, 2016, 7:49 am

Never mind it could be worse - you could follow 'Toon' with this deranged mutant. Gibbering more nonsense than a LvG post match interview.

The latest from the fat bar steward, and I suspect the vast majority connected with the club, share the same viewpoint as him, wishing he had never got involved.

Newcastle United have "virtually nothing left" in the bank, according to owner Mike Ashley.

And the controversial Sports Direct owner says "don't come crying to me" to when it is all gone.

The Magpies are in a perilous position; staring relegation from the Premier League in the face with eight games left following Sunday's 1-1 draw with Sunderland.

Ashley insists they have had a "proper go" this season, after spending upwards of £80m on new players over two transfer windows.   

But he told the Mirror: "All I can say is; there is a bank account. When you have emptied it, it's empty. Don't come crying to me for more money.

"[There is] virtually nothing left now. They have emptied it. I have virtually nil affect on Newcastle in reality because I only pick the board."well the f*****g board authorised the transfers I'm thinking you bell end

Ashley told Sky News on Monday that the club are stuck with him if they go down and he admits he regrets buying Newcastle for £134m in 2007.

"Do I regret getting into football? The answer is yes. I've had tonnes of fun in it but I haven't been able to make the difference I wanted to make in football.

"I wanted to help Newcastle. I wanted to make it better. But I haven't seemed to be able to have that affect.

"I think everyone can agree we've had a proper go at it this season but the results haven't been ideal."
Alba gu bràth

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 25, 2016, 4:31 am

Adam Johnson will be a bit of a wake up call for sportsmen and EPL players. I doubt he's the only one who has gone where he shouldn't. It might be way more common than many people think.

If all was known quite a few other former England players might have their England caps stripped. The sheer amounts of money these EPL fellas pull may make them feel like ubermen above normal rules. If millions were watching me earn tens of thousands of pounds a week I would have more attitude.

It's looking like Leicester is due a few more orgies in Bangkok. With adult partners of course. The Mancs don't look like they will be having any celebratory orgies.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » March 28, 2016, 2:19 pm

From the BBC website about how Leicester are popular in Thailand. I have never cheated on LUFC but the picture does tempt me....!
Attachments
_88948136_thailandleicesterfansbangkok-1190347.jpg

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » March 29, 2016, 7:01 am

Thai mentality. If Leicester have a pre season match here in the summer the locals will be out in numbers in those shirts. The next two weeks fixtures involving Liverpool and Chelsea on a tour and the same people will attend wearing those clubs colours.
Alba gu bràth

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » March 29, 2016, 9:19 am

Agreed socksy,chelsea,man utd,arsenal,liverpool,man city even a few real madrid shirts can be seen worn around town buy the thais,but never seen an everton shirt?????weird them being sponsored by chang aswell :D :D :D mean while somewhere in nong khai , the lilac shorts must be in the wash?
everton-smurfs_1413517i.jpg

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 29, 2016, 10:53 am

,but never seen an everton shirt?????......Then YOU Need to Open your EYES & Get Shut of The WHITE Stick,You Blind Bas*ard

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » March 29, 2016, 11:12 am

Never seen a Newcastle one surprisingly. But then again the Thais follow success or as near as they can. Off EPL topic - seen 'bead rattlers' shirts for sale but Rangers one's are like rocking horse nonsense to find. Plenty Real, Barcelona, Inter, Juventus, Bayern and PSG shirts strangely enough. I wonder what the common denominator is(?)
Alba gu bràth

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 30, 2016, 7:26 am

Remi Garde: Aston Villa manager leaves after 147 days in charge
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35855813

Rather put Mr. Garde out of his misery, but not Villa.
Interesting analysis of the failure of Villa on the Beeb.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35355333

Including this..
Villa.png
I have always had a tendency to agree with the theory the piece puts forward - that the Villa decline started with the leaving of Martin O'Neill. The reasons for that are still a mystery to me but appeared to be due to some sort of breakdown in the relationship between O'Neill & owner Randy Lerner.

Villa had already just lost chief executive Tom Fox and sporting director Hendrik Almstadt so it is a complete change at the top.
Just who would be willing to take on the challenge & actually make a fist of it is the question.
A realist would say that Villa should be looking for a structure & personnel that can re-gain them Premiership status from the Championship - no easy task on its' own.
They will probably opt for some dramatic attempt at a 'rescue act' appointment that will end in failure & leave the club equally unprepared for the new challenge next year as well.. :shock:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 30, 2016, 9:08 am

Villa sold their two best players Benteke and Delph and never replaced them with anyone of quality.Also,after his loan spell,Cleverly went to Everton and Grealish has failed to fulfill his early promise.
Hardly surprising they are struggling so much and wont be easy for them to get back into the Premiership.

Nice Leicester pic,samster. 8) When Leicester were promoted they opened a club shop in central Bangkok but,apparently,there were hardly ever any customers.It closed at the end of 2014 but nowadays Leicester shirts are in great demand for the Thais and very difficult to get one anywhere.

I did see some Newcastle shirts in SuperSports on the 3rd floor of Central Plaza a few years back,socksy.But they were already a year old and had a 50% discount.I think it was the season after the "Messiah" Pardew guided them into 5th place in the Premiership and you had the likes of Shola Ameobi playing up front.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » March 30, 2016, 11:04 am

That must have been when we were at our spectacular best :roll: a few years back under Pardew Zid. There was still a Leicester shop in MBK shopping Mall a few months ago when I went to 'Banger's'
Alba gu bràth

Dublin Tony
udonmap.com

Post by Dublin Tony » March 30, 2016, 11:25 am

747man wrote:,but never seen an everton shirt?????......Then YOU Need to Open your EYES & Get Shut of The WHITE Stick,You Blind Bas*ard
I've never seen a Thai with an Everton shirt on over here,you grubby little man ! [-X

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » March 30, 2016, 2:29 pm

Let the fun begin against the feuding \:D/
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

Return to “World Sports”