English Premier League 2016/17

General sports news and discussions.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2016/17

Post by stattointhailand » August 5, 2016, 7:30 pm

More likely Red & Red stripes 747 like that mob over the park :-&

BTW in case you haven't heard, you have lost Besic for 6 months.

Might be time to cash in on ROM & Stones and do a bit of strengthening methinks :-k

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 5, 2016, 7:33 pm

Yeah I Knew about Besic,Statts.......We DON'T Need to sell Rom Or Stones,Our owner has got " Loadsa Money "

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 5, 2016, 8:12 pm

747man wrote:Yeah I Knew about Besic,Statts.......We DON'T Need to sell Rom Or Stones,Our owner has got " Loadsa Money "
May be not NEED to sell, but might be better if you did ........ if Citeh pay anything near what they are talking about you can get a couple of quality defenders for the money, and if Chelski are serious about 50+million for ROM you need to rip their arm off before they put their brain in gear ......... (stupid offers only come around once in a while ..... Andy C for 36 million ..... Benteke ..... Balotelli ..... Lallana ...... Pogba).

Give the new boss HIS squad to work with not the leftovers from Roberto :lol:

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » August 6, 2016, 7:54 am

Defender Tony Hibbert, who was released by Everton this summer after 25 years at the club, says they are "no longer the people's club" but instead "a ruthless, horrible business"A sign of the times I fear, especially with the the recent influx of Chinese ownership. Hibbo. no doubt a tad bitter about his release. Might yet turn up at "The Stadium of Light" under D.M.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 6, 2016, 8:00 am

747man wrote:Yeah I Knew about Besic,Statts.......We DON'T Need to sell Rom Or Stones,Our owner has got " Loadsa Money "
Maybe this 100m GBP "Treasure Chest" is dependant upon Everton selling Stones and Lukaku ?? :-$

But I don't suppose Roberto Martinez,sacked by Everton at the end of last season,is too bothered..... :-"

BRUSSELS (AP) — Tasked with getting Belgium's golden generation to live up to its billing, Roberto Martinez said his biggest challenge as the new coach is to instill a winning mentality and make a young squad comfortable in the role as favorite.
"We have the talent," Martinez said at his official presentation on Thursday. "But in the same way, a winning team is not just made by talent."
The 43-year-old former Everton manager was hired as coach of the world's second-ranked team on a two-year deal Wednesday. Martinez, in his first international job, replaces Marc Wilmots, who was fired after Belgium's failure to get beyond the quarterfinals at the European Championship.
A team containing stars like Eden Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne and Romelu Lukaku is falling short of expectations at the highest stage, and Martinez said he can see why.
"The hardest thing is to win when you are expected to win," he said.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » August 6, 2016, 8:53 am

Yeh try telling kenwright that,deep pockets short arms

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 6, 2016, 9:19 am

Quite a big signing for Swansea.....

Swansea City have completed the signing of Spain striker and World Cup winner Fernando Llorente from Sevilla for an undisclosed fee.
The 31-year-old, who will wear number nine, has signed a two-year contract.
A tall and powerful target man with seven goals in 24 appearances for Spain, Llorente is a significant signing for the Premier League side.
"I am very happy to join Swansea," said Llorente, who scored seven goals in 36 games last season.
"I have scored goals in La Liga and Serie A, and now I want to score a lot of goals for the club in the Premier League."
He rose to prominence with Athletic Bilbao and joined Juventus in 2013, spending two years in Italy before moving back to Spain with Sevilla.
Llorente was part of the Spain squad that won the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 6, 2016, 9:32 am

FLICKFLACKER404 wrote:
They're Yer Go FlickerFlackering on AGAIN :shock: :shock: ........Bill Is'nt the OWNER Now.....Mr Moshiri IS the NEW Majority Shareholder...Get You're Facts together BEFORE Posting ANY More RUBBISH..... :lol: :lol:

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » August 6, 2016, 9:39 am

Talking of facts whens ''This done deal'' with juan mata happening????

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » August 6, 2016, 9:51 am

747man wrote:
FLICKFLACKER404 wrote:
They're Yer Go FlickerFlackering on AGAIN :shock: :shock: ........Bill Is'nt the OWNER Now.....Mr Moshiri IS the NEW Majority Shareholder...Get You're Facts together BEFORE Posting ANY More RUBBISH..... :lol: :lol:
Beware Bills still in the background with his hand on the purse ;)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 6, 2016, 3:36 pm

"Manchester City have announced the signing of forward Marlos Moreno from Atletico Nacional for £4.75m."

4.75m ?? this Man City isn't it?? must mean 47.5 million :-k

"Man City have confirmed Moreno will join Spanish side Deportivo la Coruna for the coming season on a season-long loan deal."

oh that'a OK then 5 million quid is obviously OK for a guy don't want anyway :roll:

Any truth in the rumour that BBC are buying Bob Helm for 2 million quid and then loaning him out to ThaiVisa :-"

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 6, 2016, 8:44 pm

FLICKFLACKER404 wrote:Talking of facts whens ''This done deal'' with juan mata happening????
Yer MIGHT Get a Surprise SOON,Flicks ??

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 7, 2016, 8:45 am

Swansea looking likely to be splashing the cash again.....

Swansea City are close to completing the signing of Atletico Madrid striker Borja Baston in a club-record deal.
The fee for the 23-year-old, who scored 18 La Liga goals on loan at Eibar last season, is understood to be £15m.
The Swans have already signed fellow Spaniard and World Cup winner Fernando Llorente from Sevilla as they look to replace West Ham-bound Andre Ayew.
"I think it is close. I think it is imminent," said Swansea head coach Francesco Guidolin.
"I was happy with the squad before but I am more happy now because, with Fernando Llorente and Borja Baston, I think we have signed two good players, two very important players."
Swansea's previous club-record fee was the £12m they paid Vitesse Arnhem for Wilfried Bony in 2013.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 7, 2016, 9:40 am

Oh,I almost forgot.....its the curtain raiser for the new EPL season at Wembley today.
The Community Shield which kicks off at 10pm Thai time and is between league champions,Leicester City and FA Cup winners,Manchester United.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 7, 2016, 10:59 am

Zidane wrote:Oh,I almost forgot.....its the curtain raiser for the new EPL season at Wembley today.
The Community Shield which kicks off at 10pm Thai time and is between league champions,Leicester City and FA Cup winners,Manchester United.
On Channel 7 Zid
Ch7 comm shield.jpg

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 8, 2016, 7:23 am

FA Community Shield -Leicester City 1 Manchester United 2

A fairly even game which could have gone either way.In truth,United didn't look too much different than last season under Van Gaal.
I thought Bailly did well,although he is prone to rash challenges and should be a good addition to the team.
Ibramhovic was fairly quiet but showed some nice touches and headed the winner 10 minutes from time.I think he would benefit from playing alongside a more mobile striker in Rashford for the future.
The two biggest disappointments were Martial and,especially,Rooney.For nearly two years now Rooney has been poor.Surely the management can see that his time as a top player is up ? 300k per week for mediocrity (which is being kind to him)......ship him off to China and get a new striker in.
Lingard scored a lovely individual goal for the opener,although the bounce ran kindly for him.A shame he was injured after a poor challenge by individual who was rightly booked.
One thing I didn't like was substituting Mata near the end when he had been brought on as a sub 30 minutes earlier.Very humiliating for the player who had done OK.....sadly it looks like he has no future at Old Trafford,the same as at Stamford Bridge.Why not take off Fellani to ensure he cant play another through ball like the one he gave Vardy for Leicesters equalizer ?

Leicester looked much the same as last season,although I think their defence will be found out this time around.I think they will do well to finish in the top half this season but I hope they have a good run in the Champions League.There two new acquisitions they brought on at half time,Musa and Gray,look good buys and should bring something extra for the team.
But,hey,footballs back.......

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 8, 2016, 11:13 am

Andy Said....I thought Bailly did well,although he is prone to rash challenges and should be a good addition to the team...I Thought He was a Dirty Barsteward.......

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 8, 2016, 11:44 am

747man wrote:Andy Said....I thought Bailly did well,although he is prone to rash challenges and should be a good addition to the team...I Thought He was a Dirty Barsteward.......
And if ANYBODY knows a dirty bar steward it's going to be 747 :lol:

Didn't think he was particularly dirty 747 ...... NIEVE yes ...... over eager yes ...... foolish yes ...... he'll learn, but I can see a Red card or 5 during his learning process 8-[

Hope for Man U's sake that was NOT the standard that Ibro intends to play at all next season ....... Would have been far better buying Andy Carroll, at least he puts a shift in. Think Zlatan has had it far far too easy playing in substandard leagues for clubs where he only needs to show some effort two or three times a season to win the league [-X
His link up play was "poor" and his defending was abysmal. Commentator was saying he and Rooney showed they can switch positions ........ =; total bul***** Rooney HAD to get forward coz Ibro was either too slow or just couldn't be bothered to run for it :-$

As much as I hate to say this ...... having watched Liverpool, they are already two or three weeks "fitter" than anyone on show in the charity shield :-k

botaknh
udonmap.com

Post by botaknh » August 8, 2016, 12:15 pm

Nice one (should this be posted in grassroots :lol: :lol: )

A football supporter made the ultimate sacrifice to show his love for his beloved nephew.

Newcastle United fan David Stonebank has had the badge of arch rivals Sunderland tattooed onto his leg

David, 35, said he would get the inking if he achieved at least £1,000 worth of sponsorship.

The money was to go towards the fundraising campaign set up for his five-year-old nephew Bradley Lowery, who is battling neuroblastoma. The family are attempting to raise £700,000 so Bradley can receive treatment in America, which could see him given antibody therapy and drugs to prevent the cancer returning again, or a type of chemotherapy not available in Great Britain.

After the four-figure sum of donations came in following David’s promise – pushing the overall figure beyond £275,000 – he went through with getting the tattoo.

David, of Blackhall Colliery, said: “It broke my heart getting the tattoo, but at times like this there is more to life than rivalry, and I would do anything to raise money for our little hero.”

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 8, 2016, 12:42 pm

Sometimes things ARE more important than football ........ Fair play ta the lad =D>

Return to “World Sports”