English Premier League 2016/17

General sports news and discussions.
panmotor
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2016/17

Post by panmotor » September 19, 2016, 11:30 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Still tooooo far norffff.

Draw a line from Blackpool via Leeds (almost) keep heading East, and after 130 miles you wiil be in S*******pe ...... thought the empty seats comment would have given it away :lol: and the Claret & Blue splodges on the Orange shirts and shorts :-&
I guessed it was Scunny but was confused as:-

1. This is the EPL thread and they aren't due there until the season after next
2. The shirt sponsor is Pleasure Island which, as we Northerners know, is in Cleethorpes the home of their bitter rivals, Grimsby Town. Perhaps DM can shed some light on why Humberside's best (only!) theme park would upset the local Codheads by sponsoring Scunny.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » September 19, 2016, 11:46 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Slightly orff topic as this is the EPL thread, but anyone got a clue who this disgusting kit belongs to :-"

Kit1.jpg

Note all the pixalled out empty seats behind :-$
I believe this article has it nailed:
Closing quote from the article:
Sick bags are available at the exits.
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 22, 2016, 11:47 am

Manchester United fans want Wayne Rooney dropped - 99.08% vote to oust captain in online poll

A survey by the RedIssue Sanctuary made fans’ advice for Jose Mourinho clear

Drop him or persevere? That was the simple question posed to fans on a popular Manchester United fanzine about their under-fire captain Wayne Rooney.
And the response was as emphatic and uncompromising as could be with 99.08 of those who responded wanting the England skipper out of the line-up.
The Manchester Evening News reports the survey from the private RedIssue Sanctuary made fans’ advice for Jose Mourinho clear.
In a poll titled: “How do you solve a problem like Wayne Rooney?" a measly 0.92 per cent suggested Mourinho perseveres with the United captain, who performed wretchedly once again in the defeat at Watford.
MEN Sport was told there are "too many swear words to count" on the caustic fanzine Sanctuary.
"Fix up or f*** off!" One angry Man United fan laid into Wayne Rooney and Paul Pogba during an epic rant =;

Well,its not like you to use language like that,Bob ! :D
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 22, 2016, 11:55 am

JimboPSM wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:Slightly orff topic as this is the EPL thread, but anyone got a clue who this disgusting kit belongs to :-"

Kit1.jpg

Note all the pixalled out empty seats behind :-$
I believe this article has it nailed:
Closing quote from the article:
Sick bags are available at the exits.
SOON TO BE THE RIGHT THREAD WHEN Scunny [-o< [-o< hit the EPL .... this is the kit worn is the clubs famous Wembley play off win of which they have enjoyed quite a few .. it is tho a terrible kit .

ROONEY ...... yep hes gotta buck up or F**k off back tot he Toffees ???????????? In general the current Manu U side look a strange bunch and Mourinho has his work cut out to get them sorted ...Pogba 89 mil WASTE OF MONEY

UP THE IRON
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 22, 2016, 12:04 pm

How do you solve a problem like .... Wayne Rooney? .......

perhaps it's time for divine intervention :-"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-VRyQprlu8

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 22, 2016, 12:38 pm

DM Says.......ROONEY ...... yep hes gotta buck up or F**k off back tot he Toffees ???????????? Yer Might have something there Jon !! No Secret that he said a LONG Time ago,He WOULD Love to end his career at Goodison ...BTW, Are you Dublin Tony ( The xxxxx Clairvoyant ) by any chance ??

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 22, 2016, 12:50 pm

Certainly wouldn't be the first player to bring their career to a premature end by going to Everton :-" and no doubt won't be the last :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 22, 2016, 1:00 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Certainly wouldn't be the first player to bring their career to a premature end by going to Everton :-" and no doubt won't be the last :lol:
2 Words For Ya Statts.... :shock: :shock:

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » September 22, 2016, 1:19 pm

747man wrote:DM Says.......ROONEY ...... yep hes gotta buck up or F**k off back tot he Toffees ???????????? Yer Might have something there Jon !! No Secret that he said a LONG Time ago,He WOULD Love to end his career at Goodison ...BTW, Are you Dublin Tony ( The xxxxx Clairvoyant ) by any chance ??
Come on mate that little sawn off piece of xxxxxx ,hell be lucky if he ends up at Acccccrington Stanley overpaid fraudster should have hung up his boots and himself a long time ago Judas :-"
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 22, 2016, 1:38 pm

Dezz...............Acccccrington Stanley .......You Been on the Piss Again,Mate ??

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 22, 2016, 2:05 pm

Acccccrington Stanley wouldn't sink that low ........... Rooney had better start phoning those other overpaid fraudsters Emmanuelle Aidsbyawhore and Mario blownupthetele to find which clubs are still stupid enough to think they can resurrect a dead career =;

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » September 22, 2016, 7:58 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Acccccrington Stanley wouldn't sink that low ........... Rooney had better start phoning those other overpaid fraudsters Emmanuelle Aidsbyawhore and Mario blownupthetele to find which clubs are still stupid enough to think they can resurrect a dead career =;
Statts 747 really want's him back at Goodison :D
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 22, 2016, 8:24 pm

dezzer111 wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:Acccccrington Stanley wouldn't sink that low ........... Rooney had better start phoning those other overpaid fraudsters Emmanuelle Aidsbyawhore and Mario blownupthetele to find which clubs are still stupid enough to think they can resurrect a dead career =;
Statts 747 really want's him back at Goodison :D
Yeah, I'd give a Final Season Mate, But NOT On his present Wages.....They are Disgusting !!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 23, 2016, 7:05 pm

Brian Davis wrote:All looks to be ok, with just a query on the Sunday night Spurs v Sunderland, which is the only game from tonight to Sunday not specified as being shown, although as it clashes with no other game. can't think there's a problem there either. The other games are all down as being covered on Bein 1-4, known to be accessible already. Any other foreign coverage e.g. last weekend there was a Spanish game clashing and occupying Bein 3, I think, will in future presumably now be on the 'new' Bein 5 and 6, if clashing with EPL games using 1-4. I tried to view 5 and 6 this morning to check access is possible, but seems nothing is being broadcast at the moment.
But, all EPL now appears to be sorted and I'm happy my lot aren't missed for live viewing.
Brian, Are you up to speed on what's happening at true ? I'm more confused than ever. The long haired one (before she got fed up and had it cut) was given a leaflet advertising "True Visions individual of Soccer" which has a "super Soccer" package. So I looked on their website and it says the BeIn channels are "Available via additional A la carte Subscription (Watch free for Bein Sports 4 channel in Gold HD, Super Family HD, Sports Family HD package until June 30 2017"

The way I read it is that I can get the footie this season at their Super Soccer" price which seems to be any one of several different prices on their leaflet and appears to be B590 a month on the website, but then they are going to make me pay for a "special service" with no doubt special prices from next season. Am I close or way off the mark?

BTW is the box/dish free with 12 + months subscription? Nothing on their website

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » September 24, 2016, 6:50 am

Statto

Some understanding, but not 100%!

Let’s tell you what I’ve got first. Obviously, a consideration is what ‘general viewing’ package you may want, besides any football coverage. I opted for Super Family HD (perhaps I should have gone for a package offering e.g. more English movies), which normally costs 899 baht per month, although there’s a discount off that price of 30% off for several months. In addition to that, I pay 299 baht per month for essentially EPL Live football. Now True has got it sorted, ALL EPL games will be shown live, usually on Bein channels 1-4, although if occasionally more than 4 games at same time, Bein channels 5-6 will be used. It’s EPL which really interests me, but think I’m correct in saying that if not showing EPL live or repeats, these channels cover football from other leagues, Champions League, Europa League.

As I read the advertising, if you ‘invest’ in a Platinum package, you get EVERYTHING in the cost. Otherwise, it’s a case of picking one of the ‘general’ packages, different prices (e.g. Gold, Smart, Happy etc.) and adding on the soccer package. I see you refer to ONE ‘free’ Bein 4 channel with some packages, but that won’t be a lot of use!

BUT, maybe this is what you’re referring to, which I think someone talked about previously and where I’m not sure. A dedicated football ONLY package? - NOT requiring ‘general’ viewing channels? I can’t grasp anything from the advertising I’ve found.

I did find the True outlet at the old Tescos efficient, although nobody with great English. In comparison to CTH and others, True has been good on their hotline telephone and emails. A call might get answers you need.

The receiver box and small, ‘solid’ Ku band satellite dish are supplied/installed by True. There’s a 1000 baht cash payment to the technician, refundable I think if you cancel and after the box/dish is collected. I had cabling already in place, so I’m not sure if there’s a cost for that – perhaps a minimum length free cabling, any more you pay.

As an aside, funnily the tech who turned up here was the lead cheerleader for Udon FC. He didn’t wear his gladiator outfit whilst working! I often wondered what work he did and his ability to travel everywhere cheering Udon. He’s able just to take a day off if it’s an away game.
I hope that’s some help.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 24, 2016, 7:59 am

fixtures.png

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 24, 2016, 8:13 am

The TV companies have got it spot on again ensuring the best matches are the early kick off and late kick off !
In between theres not really much to enthuse about.....all much of a muchness,really.....probably Swansea v Citeh but only because City are playing such good stuff,at the moment.

Will Rooney feature for United......find out at 6.30pm Thai
Will Arsenal beat Chelsea for the first time in 10 EPL matches....find out at 11.30pm Thai

Enjoy tonights games....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 24, 2016, 8:38 am

Thanks Brian ........ it's now as clear as mud (which is surprisingly a big improvement).

Funny you should say that your "add on" for Footie is B299 as on the leaflet there is no B299 anywhere (choices of B199 or B399 exist for football add ons though :lol: )

Many years ago I had True for the footie and it cost the earth........ from what you are saying and what is on their website it has not changed much from the time I told them to stick it where the sun don't shine :roll:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 24, 2016, 8:41 am

Zidane wrote:The TV companies have got it spot on again ensuring the best matches are the early kick off and late kick off !
In between theres not really much to enthuse about.....all much of a muchness,really.....probably Swansea v Citeh but only because City are playing such good stuff,at the moment.

Will Rooney feature for United......find out at 6.30pm Thai
Will Arsenal beat Chelsea for the first time in 10 EPL matches....find out at 11.30pm Thai

Enjoy tonights games....
You can hardly blame them for picking the "best? matches" for their viewers ...... hardly a lot of point having a rubbish match on early and late and then not being allowed to show the good games coz they all kick off between 14:45 and 16:45 is it :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 24, 2016, 2:14 pm

WAYNE ROONEY RESPONDS TO UNITED CRITICS ON UDON MAP =;

Wayne Rooney responded to the recent criticism of Manchester United when he made a special appearance on MUTV's Thursday Focus show.
The Reds skipper was a guest of Helen Evans and David May, alongside boxer Anthony Crolla and his trainer Joe Gallagher, and admits the team had a bad eight days when losing to Manchester City, Feyenoord and Watford.
Rooney feels flak from the media goes with the territory when results do not go well. He told MUTV: "That’s football, I think. We don’t win in three games and, of course, everyone is going to talk about it. We had a bad week, a bad eight days where we’ve lost three games, and it’s important now we react well to that and come through that."

Regarding the intense scrutiny of his own form, he said: "Yeah, I think I’ve had that my whole career – a little bit more of late, I think, but that’s football. I listen to my coaches and my team-mates, the people around me, and I don’t really listen to what a lot of people out there are saying because a lot of it is rubbish. [-X
"I have to focus, work hard, of course, and I’ve done that throughout my career. I’ve worked hard and tried to do my best for the team.
"I’ve done that [played in different positions] throughout my career. I feel I can play in all positions :confused: but I think the manager has made it clear either I’ll play up front or in the no.10 and that’s where he sees me playing. As I said before, it’s not just myself – the whole team is going in and working hard. We had a bad week but we’ve been working hard to put that right."

So there you go.......all sorted,no worries. :badteeth:

Return to “World Sports”