Cheats

General sports news and discussions.
tataw
udonmap.com

Re: Cheats

Post by tataw » March 29, 2018, 5:47 am

Maybe that was Warner's intention in the first place. Cannot believe that anyone in this era of cricket would be that naive to believe that they would get away with it? Also why would they even consider it unless there was a request from the bowler/s? I don't believe for one minute that Boof isn't implicated. All too sinister!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 29, 2018, 5:50 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
March 29, 2018, 4:47 am
vlad wrote:
March 28, 2018, 11:34 pm
Id say playing another Country is an international game , match . or Contest doesn't realy matter what it was barney they were caught cheating and should have the full weight of the law laid on them. Personally id ban them from International cricket for life.
\

I do not follow or understand cricket, but I agree that the cheats should be banned forever. In baseball Pete Rose was caught betting on games, including his own team. Not only did he break baseball's golden rule (betting) he was the manager of the team and could influence the final result of games.

Rose has been banned from baseball for life in any capacity, and kept out of the Hall of Fame despite his all-star statistics.
What's the ban in baseball for using a corked bat? What the Australian players did equates more with that. Hansie Cronje the South African captain and Mohamed Azarudin the Indian captain both received lifetime bans for fixing games for bookmakers and roping in other players to throw games for bookmakers.
Watch Me!!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 29, 2018, 5:58 am

tataw wrote:
March 29, 2018, 5:47 am
Maybe that was Warner's intention in the first place. Cannot believe that anyone in this era of cricket would be that naive to believe that they would get away with it? Also why would they even consider it unless there was a request from the bowler/s? I don't believe for one minute that Boof isn't implicated. All too sinister!
Appears that Warner has been getting away with it for some time, at least the last ashes series and probably before that. Bancroft's attempt was more in the class of Atherton, Dravid, Afridi and Du Plessis who were also caught blatantly cheating on camera.
Watch Me!!

tataw
udonmap.com

Post by tataw » March 29, 2018, 6:20 am

We all knew that Warner was a bit rough around the edges. Maybe he just needed to be "smoothed" over.......

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » March 29, 2018, 3:46 pm

Just out of interest.Who here on this forum forgives those involved?
"All I can do in the short term is ask for forgiveness, I hope you can find it in your hearts to allow me to progress on that journey, for now I will do my best to contribute to the community."-Cameron Bancroft.
Voiceover for hire.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 29, 2018, 4:48 pm

I think it's a bit harsh, after all its only what they have been doing for as many years as I can remember .... pushing the limits of what they can get away with.

With this sort of ban just for a bit of cheating I'm wondering what sort of bans Cookie, Root and the rest of the England team will get for bringing the game into disrepute by being bl**dy useless :lol:

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 29, 2018, 4:55 pm

I forgive them but not a big fan of the crying on camera. Makes Smith look like a girl or Jonathon Trott. Hope nobody is going to play the mental health card as that would push my forgiveness.
I've been involved with cricket with the same club for over 40 years and have seen things on and off field that make this episode seem pretty tame. They did the wrong thing and should be punished but the that's enough.
Am looking forward to Davy Warner getting off the plane. Wonder what he will say? I'd be surprised if the tip rat cried \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Watch Me!!

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 29, 2018, 4:56 pm

Raoul Duke wrote:
March 29, 2018, 3:46 pm
"All I can do in the short term is ask for forgiveness, I hope you can find it in your hearts to allow me to progress on that journey, for now I will do my best to contribute to the community."-Cameron Bancroft.
When you are selected to represent your country whichever that country maybe.
You should be proud that someone thinks you are the best at your sport.

If you resort to cheating to try & win a game then you are clearly not the best.

All the people involved which I personally think more than the 3 named are involved you should be banned for life for representing your country.

These are professional cricketers so their livelihood is playing cricket.
I would not go as far as banning them from the game completely but never let them bring their country into shame again.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 29, 2018, 5:00 pm

pal52 wrote:
March 29, 2018, 4:56 pm
Raoul Duke wrote:
March 29, 2018, 3:46 pm
When you are selected to represent your country whichever that country maybe.
You should be proud that someone thinks you are the best at your sport.

If you resort to cheating to try & win a game then you are clearly not the best.

All the people involved which I personally think more than the 3 named are involved you should be banned for life for representing your country.

These are professional cricketers so their livelihood is playing cricket.
I would not go as far as banning them from the game completely but never let them bring their country into shame again.
So how long would you give them? Du Plessis got caught twice and never missed a game.
Watch Me!!

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » March 29, 2018, 5:52 pm

marjamlew wrote:
March 29, 2018, 4:55 pm
I forgive them but not a big fan of the crying on camera. Makes Smith look like a girl or Jonathon Trott. Hope nobody is going to play the mental health card as that would push my forgiveness.
I've been involved with cricket with the same club for over 40 years and have seen things on and off field that make this episode seem pretty tame. They did the wrong thing and should be punished but the that's enough.
Am looking forward to Davy Warner getting off the plane. Wonder what he will say? I'd be surprised if the tip rat cried \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Yes.I agree with the waterworks.We don't need to see that.IMO the twelve month Ban,loss of sponsorship and stripping of leadership roles and banning from any future leadership is acceptable.
Who will be the next skipper?
Could Australia have a first for our cricket??
A paceman as Captain???
Pat Cummins :-k
Voiceover for hire.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 29, 2018, 5:54 pm

Ball tampering/ performance Enhancing drugs Cricket/Football/Athletics etc etc same same

There is ONLY ONE punishment that is fair to all the thousands of others who do not cheat to gain an advantage and that is a LIFE BAN with no remission. The t*sser that cheated at Baseball a couple of years back and only got a a year or two ban and then started playing again [-X [-X [-X

Had yer chance guys ....... Blew it ........ TA RA S*d Off .......and BTW the ban will include being paid for writing or any TV film involvement as well. Get out of the sport and don't ever come back =;

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » March 29, 2018, 6:00 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 29, 2018, 4:48 pm
With this sort of ban just for a bit of cheating I'm wondering what sort of bans Cookie, Root and the rest of the England team will get for bringing the game into disrepute by being bl**dy useless :lol:
That's hilarious.
:lol: :lol:
Voiceover for hire.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 29, 2018, 7:07 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 29, 2018, 7:45 pm

Classic :lol: :lol: :lol:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 29, 2018, 7:49 pm

Australian ball-tampering: Darren Lehmann to quit as Australia coach
http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43584435
Darren Lehmann is to quit as head coach of Australia at the end of the current Test series against South Africa.
I can understand why..
It is wrong to have created an atmosphere where a young player who is put under unfair pressure by a colleague can't go to the man in charge for help & advise & wrong that a captain feels so much pressure to win that anything sounds a good idea..

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » March 29, 2018, 8:12 pm

Correct decision.
Voiceover for hire.

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » March 30, 2018, 9:37 am

FB_IMG_1522376533541.jpg

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 30, 2018, 9:40 am

Ha, ha, ha..

I see that he has lost that sponsorship as well.. :(

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 30, 2018, 11:04 am

If there is a positive for cricket it is that the ACB did hand down sever penalties to the players, not that I agree. Whereas other ICC countries have encouraged and promoted the guilty parties.
SA even promoted their 2 time tamperer to capt.
England could not wait to get their all rounder thug off England soil and back in the team via the NZ back door.
There are others on the list of course.
I doubt other ICC countries will follow the lead set by the ACB.
Our moral compass stand tall.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 30, 2018, 11:11 am

At the end of the day they cheated, as Captain he is responsible, the idea of winning at all costs is a bad message to send to the young, it was always how you played the game, not winning by cheating, sobbing like a spoilt brat on TV dosen't cut it, as captain he should have said NO as other great Australian captains would have, make an example of the cheats, who would want to win by cheating???

Return to “World Sports”