udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by stattointhailand » May 12, 2021, 11:18 pm

His Saudi mate and business colleague was involved

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 13, 2021, 1:11 pm

In the National League Sutton United have regained the advantage at the top with 3 games to play. Stockport are out of it after being held to a draw at home to Dagenham and look certain to settle for the play offs.
Team, Played, Points.
Sutton Utd 39 78
Torquay 39 77

In the Scottish Premier League play off first leg there was disappointment for Raith Rovers who were beaten at home 3-0 by Dundee.

The Welsh (Cymru) Premier League is also heading for a close finish with just 2 points separating the top two.

Team, Played, Points.
Connahs Quay Nomads 31 76
The New Saints 31 74
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 13, 2021, 1:15 pm

^ Oh bugger! I was hoping to see the Championship purged of all things Dundonian.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 13, 2021, 2:05 pm

It's about time we had a "Tap roots football thread" (where normal roots don't get as low as) to encompass Scottish/Welsh leagues and Sunday morning Park leagues

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 16, 2021, 9:31 am

In the National League Sutton United are favourites to reach the Football League for the first time after winning 3-0 at Maidenhead.
They are 4 points ahead of Torquay who do have a game in hand.

In Scotland, Rangers beat Aberdeen 4-0 to go through the whole league season unbeaten in winning the SPL.
In the SPL play off second leg Raith won 1-0 at Dundee but they still lost out on aggregate 3-1.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 16, 2021, 11:15 am

A total of 17 players have left Scunthorpe United at the expiry of their contracts, including Abo Eisa, Alex Gilliead, Harrison McGahey and Kevin van Veen who all rejected offers.

The League Two side had made proposals to those four in January, but they turned them down.

Among the other stand-out exits are club captain Jordan Clarke, defender Jacob Bedeau and winger Andy Dales.

Ex-Reading midfielder Jem Karacan and goalkeeper Mark Howard also depart.

Players leaving after contracts expire: Charlie Barks, Jacob Bedeau, Junior Brown, Lewis Butroid, Jordan Clarke, Andy Dales, Abo Eisa, Alex Gilliead, George Hornshaw, Mark Howard, Jem Karacan, Adam Kelsey, Harrison McGahey, Kelsey Mooney, Olufela Olomola, Raynner Silva, Kevin van Veen.
(BBC Sport)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 16, 2021, 1:17 pm

Anybody know where the light switch is?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 16, 2021, 1:32 pm

Zidane wrote:
May 16, 2021, 11:15 am
A total of 17 players have left Scunthorpe United at the expiry of their contracts, including Abo Eisa, Alex Gilliead, Harrison McGahey and Kevin van Veen who all rejected offers.

The League Two side had made proposals to those four in January, but they turned them down.

Among the other stand-out exits are club captain Jordan Clarke, defender Jacob Bedeau and winger Andy Dales.

Ex-Reading midfielder Jem Karacan and goalkeeper Mark Howard also depart.

Players leaving after contracts expire: Charlie Barks, Jacob Bedeau, Junior Brown, Lewis Butroid, Jordan Clarke, Andy Dales, Abo Eisa, Alex Gilliead, George Hornshaw, Mark Howard, Jem Karacan, Adam Kelsey, Harrison McGahey, Kelsey Mooney, Olufela Olomola, Raynner Silva, Kevin van Veen.
(BBC Sport)

Makes grim reading ..or does it ?? With this lot we only managed to stay in the league by the thickness ov a fag paper .so i say ket rm all go ...also cant blame any players turning down contract offers as Chairman Swan has proved himself to be a fitst rate arsehole ..

Gillead n Eisa are the only two i m sad to see go .

Bleak times and for sure a long hard season next term much the same as this

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 17, 2021, 11:31 am

Torquay dropped 2 points in their bid to catch National League leaders, Sutton United, when they were held to a 2-2 draw at Stockport who, themselves, moved into 3rd place in the table.
With just 2 games to go Torquay are 3 points behind Sutton and have an inferior goal difference.

In the SPL Ross County won 2-1 at Motherwell to avoid the relegation play off place which goes to Kilmarnock despite their 2-0 win at already relegated Hamilton.

In the Women's Champions League Final in Gothenburg, Chelsea were thumped 4-0 by Barcelona. They were 4 down after just 36 minutes which meant disappointment for club owner, Roman Abramovic, who flew in especially for the game.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 18, 2021, 8:17 am

Still all to play for in the championship playoffs after both fixtures finished 1-0

Bournemouth 1 Brentford 0
Barnsley 0 Swansea 1

Be nice to see Brentford get to the EPL after so many close shaves in the past few years.

** rumors fluttering social media changes are afoot at PLAYERLESS SUFC ..

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 18, 2021, 8:33 am

^ Agree on the Bees hopefully going up. The Cherries finished 10 points adrift of them in regular season and it would be a shocker if they qualified instead. Both teams with a lot to play for should make Saturday's second leg a good one to watch. Is it on t' telly?

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 18, 2021, 2:21 pm

I'd love Bournemouth to go up. We dont need another London based team in the EPL and, Leeds legend Jonny Woodgate is their manager. Given their history, I particularly enjoy seeing him and Lee Bowyer (manager at Brum) down on one knee for BLM.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 18, 2021, 2:53 pm

samster wrote:
May 18, 2021, 2:21 pm
I'd love Bournemouth to go up. We dont need another London based team in the EPL and, Leeds legend Jonny Woodgate is their manager. Given their history, I particularly enjoy seeing him and Lee Bowyer (manager at Brum) down on one knee for BLM.
I can see why your interest is piqued there. The Cherries had a mediocre five or so years in the EPL and never got a handle on their mid-to-late season collapses. Looks like injuries were a consistent factor here but don't good managers and smart owners finds ways and means to to patch up their starting 11 through canny trades and loans? Their EPL relegation partners from last year have bounced right back whereas they are still comparatively adrift. BTW, some speculation that the long-delayed official announcement of Eddie Howe's appointment at Parkhead is due to certain parties' interest in how Bournemouth fairs in these playoffs. A third bite of the cherry maybe?

Thankfully geography isn't a key factor in EPL participation.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 18, 2021, 3:25 pm

tamada wrote:
May 18, 2021, 2:53 pm
samster wrote:
May 18, 2021, 2:21 pm
I can see why your interest is piqued there. The Cherries had a mediocre five or so years in the EPL and never got a handle on their mid-to-late season collapses. Looks like injuries were a consistent factor here but don't good managers and smart owners finds ways and means to to patch up their starting 11 through canny trades and loans? Their EPL relegation partners from last year have bounced right back whereas they are still comparatively adrift. BTW, some speculation that the long-delayed official announcement of Eddie Howe's appointment at Parkhead is due to certain parties' interest in how Bournemouth fairs in these playoffs. A third bite of the cherry maybe?

Thankfully geography isn't a key factor in EPL participation.
Out of the 4 clubs contesting an EPL place IMO Brentford would stand a chance of staying up where as the others especially the flat cap n hare coursing Barnsley ay up mi love tripe eating soap dodgers would be whipping boys worse than Sheff U have been this year.

Camorn the Bees

L1 .. anyone but the Mackems
L2 .. Morecambe would be my choice as they have played well and been up the top all season... however i do sparea thought for Tranmere due to the way they were relegated last term on the lottery based fudge due to covid.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 18, 2021, 6:26 pm

I like Morcambe. Spent a day driving an effing great big Mercedes transporter around town helping my sister collect stuff for a charity shop in Lancaster that she volunteered with.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 18, 2021, 7:08 pm

agree with the "anybody except the Mackems" for L1

Dont want Bomo or Swansea back in prem (600+ round trips)
Like Brentford, but if they go up they wont sell Toney so Phg & Toon miss out on sell on %
Would love Barnsley to turn it round
If Swansea stay in Champ we can loan Woodman (golden glove) there again, if they go up they will want to buy him, but we want him for the future (bit sorta Hendo like)

BTW uf youve not seen you tube vid HITC7s about Dover/Grimsby/Southend/Bury/Macc and demise of football clubs, its worth a watch

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 19, 2021, 10:46 am

Last night in the Championship play off first leg it was Oxford United 0 Blackpool 3...it would be nice to see Blackpool back in the Championship.
In the League 1 play off, Newport beat Forest Green 2-0 in the first leg .I,m hoping either Morecambe or Tranmere get promoted though.

I think Brentford deserve their chance in the EPL.
Last season they missed out on automatic promotion either on goal difference or 1 point ?? and then got beaten by Fulham in the play offs.
If they miss out again this time you can see the team breaking up.

And finally for our many Scottish fans looking in...
Last night in the first leg of the play off to get into the Scottish League in League 2,Kelty Hearts beat the current bottom League 2 side Brechin 2-1.
I have to confess I had never heard of Kelty or where it was but good luck to them. :D

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 19, 2021, 4:39 pm

Don’t know whether Wrexham’s new owners have been posted about before. It’s the first I’ve heard of it

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 19, 2021, 4:47 pm

They mentioned it on sky a couple of months ago, I thought they were actors or something like that (certainly NOT backed up by that video)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 19, 2021, 4:48 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 19, 2021, 4:39 pm
Don’t know whether Wrexham’s new owners have been posted about before. It’s the first I’ve heard of it

They took over a while back and up until recently Wrexham were in a decent place and a chance of promotion but lost last night to Notts County which makes it a no no now.

Its tight at the top of the National League as previously mentioned by Zid ..

Sutton
Torquay
Hartlepool
Stockport
Notts County
others ive forgotten maybe ??
all still got a hat in the ring..

Thank the lord Scunny didnt go down we would of been stuck in the NL for years .... the Iron pretty much nailed on to struggle next season in L1 .... thats IF THEY CAN RAISE A FULL SQUAD at all !!!! YTS loanees and hazbeens in the last throws of their careers.. OMB

DM

Return to “World Sports”