Post by camps » May 16, 2019, 3:26 pm

:D
stattointhailand wrote:
May 16, 2019, 11:20 am
Adhoc wrote:
May 15, 2019, 11:33 am
Fan chant of the season award goes to:

MOT
Reply of the season goes to .. Frank Lampard .... the tears of laughter rolling down his cheeks :lol: :lol: :lol:
FOR SALE....

1 Pair of BINOCULARS.
1 CAMAOUFLAGE OUTFIT.
1 Set of WIRE CUTTERS
1 Pallet of USED TISSUES..

Please contact MARCELO BIELSA,
c/o ----- Road..... :D \:D/
COYR..

samster
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by samster » May 16, 2019, 6:03 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 16, 2019, 2:45 pm
samster wrote:
May 16, 2019, 11:48 am
Agree with you Adhoc. Injuries and not good enough players. I did think we outplayed Derby for 90% of the 2 legs which makes it a bitter pill but, hey, we are Leeds and proud.

Not gonna rise to the NCFC" banter" because, if he was a real fan, he would understand that now is not the time to gloat.
Ah, I see, so it's perfectly OK to have the "fans chant of the season" all over social media when Leeds WIN the first leg, but REAL fans shouldn't take the p*ss when the boots on the other foot :confused:

Mouthing Off Together :-$
Different scenario completely. That was between us and our opponents. If a Derby fan came on to take the p then, fair enough. This was from someone supporting a team not directly involved - a bit like Everton fans sticking it to Liverpool after they finished second in the League. Ridiculous and embarrassing.

Sad really but, refer to my comments earlier. The greatest form of flattery is to instil an emotion in someone. Even hatred.

Couldn’t give a stuff about NCFC to be honest. My whole purpose in the original comment was to instigate a debate about how football has changed ..... music after a goal ffs!!!

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 16, 2019, 6:05 pm

camps wrote:
May 16, 2019, 3:26 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
Adhoc wrote:

MOT
Reply of the season goes to .. Frank Lampard .... the tears of laughter rolling down his cheeks :lol: :lol: :lol:
FOR SALE....

1 Pair of BINOCULARS.
1 CAMAOUFLAGE OUTFIT.
1 Set of WIRE CUTTERS

COYR..
Well done to your lot Camps. You won’t change my opinion that we were the better team over the 2 legs but hope you stuff Villa in the final

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » May 16, 2019, 8:11 pm

samster wrote:
May 16, 2019, 11:48 am
Agree with you Adhoc. Injuries and not good enough players. I did think we outplayed Derby for 90% of the 2 legs which makes it a bitter pill but, hey, we are Leeds and proud.

Not gonna rise to the NCFC" banter" because, if he was a real fan, he would understand that now is not the time to gloat.
No, now is exactly the time to gloat.
You just don't get your patronising comments, do you?
You are the one going on about real clubs and fans and plastic clubs and fans.
It's A-OK to be less than humble, bordering on arrogant, but not A-OK when we non real (your words) fans gloat over your crappy finish to a season. Again.
Hilarious.
The only thing funnier this year was Ipswich with their thug manager Lambert going down.
You might have to sell your ground again (only plastic clubs don't own the freehold to their own stadiums).

samster
udonmap.com

LUFC Grass Roots footie Implosion

Post by samster » May 16, 2019, 8:52 pm

Not humble? No, I am proud to be associated with LUFC and all that supporting them means. Patronising? Yeah, OK but I would get it when a fan of another club is hurting and wouldn't rub it in by starting a rant with "gloat" unless I was directly involved. Happy to be Dirty Leeds and hated though.

Again, congratulations to NCFC, SUFC and, I hope, DCFC You deserve promotion on football and management grounds. LUFC don't..

I do however reserve the right to loathe music after goals and clappy things. The idea of American style cheerleaders also offends me as a true fan but somehow cannot square that view with my love of scantily clad females. Dilemmas.

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » May 16, 2019, 9:48 pm

samster wrote:
May 16, 2019, 6:05 pm
camps wrote:
May 16, 2019, 3:26 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
Adhoc wrote:

MOT
FOR SALE....

1 Pair of BINOCULARS.
1 CAMAOUFLAGE OUTFIT.
1 Set of WIRE CUTTERS

COYR..
Well done to your lot Camps. You won’t change my opinion that we were the better team over the 2 legs but hope you stuff Villa in the final
Cheers, it will be a tough one, I've watched most teams and Villa are up there,and it's no coincidence their surge of form coincides with the return of Jack Grealish, Derby have got to keep him quiet!! No doubt the media will be making it Lampard v Terry final !! ....I agree Leeds were the better team the first leg, but yesterday,Derby I thought were quicker on the ball and seemed to want it more, and Leeds didn't help themselves (Bamford) diving about that would have made Tom Daly jealous. Anyway good luck for next season..cheers.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 17, 2019, 10:54 am

Good luck to Derby but I think they will find it tough against Villa,the Championships form team.
Villa are managed by Dean Smith who has done very well at his 3 clubs so far....Walsall,Brentford and Villa.
But as a one off game you never know....
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 17, 2019, 1:43 pm

IS IT SAFE OUT THERE ?????????

DM emerging from the darkened padded loom has been hidding away in since the Plymouth game ..

The Iron GO DOON but in new manager Hurst i think we have a half decent chance of a swift return .. thats if Chairman Swann has the doe to back up his words.

Kudos to Swann he did pay for the away travel expenses (coach not inc booze 555) on several occasions during last season and he is still at war with the local council on the ground redevelopment and winning as he just got a lump of money back from them over the fees paid in application and unexplained delay in the councils decision which he put directly back into the player fund.

BYE BYE JOSH MORRIS .. great player but bad attitude by all accounts sure to be snapped up after turning down a new contract ..and bound to come back n bite us on the botty in the future as did Billy Sharp amongst many others ..

L2 next season .. looking forward to it and of course the local derby with the codheads .. also former Iron gaffa Graham Alexander returning in charge of Salford City .. great manager should not have been sacked by Swann and hence forth scunny not going thru the mill with Daws , SFAMcall n Dawson and staying in L1 .

Well done to Derby .. camps will be dreaming the dream ..good luck to them against Villa .

LEEDS :cry: :cry: AFTER ALL THE WIND n PISS SORRY GUYS WASNT TO BE .. next year ..MAYBE

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » May 26, 2019, 6:14 am

Tranmere were promoted for the second season in succession as Wembley once again proved a happy hunting ground for the boys from Birkenhead.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 26, 2019, 8:37 am

goodison wrote:
May 26, 2019, 6:14 am
Tranmere were promoted for the second season in succession as Wembley once again proved a happy hunting ground for the boys from Birkenhead.
Truly excellent. At this rate of ascendancy, they'll soon be pipping LUFC at the EPL promotion post.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 26, 2019, 7:59 pm

Back in the UK for Leeds appearance in the Play off final tomorrow (grrrr!). Sky Sports and others are reporting that the owners of PSG are interested in the Mighty Whites.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -radrizzan

Seems to be going down well on the LUFC forums but, personally, I would hate us to be transformed into another MCFC. The highs of football can only be relished when you suffer the lows.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 26, 2019, 9:06 pm

Get In Sunderland "Eh Statts....555 !! 1-0 After 4 Minutes .....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 26, 2019, 9:31 pm

Wonder how much the Charlton keeper put on Blunderland to go up at the start of the season :-k :oops: =;

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 26, 2019, 10:57 pm

Blunderland given a lead and still manage to throw it away :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Things they will do to stay in the checkertrade trophy and get to play the mighty Toon U23's

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 27, 2019, 7:17 am

samster wrote:
May 26, 2019, 7:59 pm
Back in the UK for Leeds appearance in the Play off final tomorrow (grrrr!). Sky Sports and others are reporting that the owners of PSG are interested in the Mighty Whites.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -radrizzan

Seems to be going down well on the LUFC forums but, personally, I would hate us to be transformed into another MCFC. The highs of football can only be relished when you suffer the lows.
Yes, I read earlier that the Qatari's have expressed an interest. I agree that having a bottomless pit of cash to buy the best and win stuff although yielding instant success, always leaves one with reservations. But that's what commercialization and global TV rights have brought to the beautiful game. If they do buy them and they do go up, then they will be labeled as the club that bought their way in, like RB Leipzig in the Bundesthingmie.

With Bielsa allegedly chasing significant spending ahead of next season as a pre-condition to staying, maybe this is the way forward. In that regard, it would be interesting to know who initiated any overtures with the Qatari's.

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » May 28, 2019, 10:22 am

Well, it's a wrap for this season. Congratulations to Aston Villa winning the play off final.
At least next season Leeds can look forward to taking 6 points from Derby County, again. :lol:
Roll on August.

MOT

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 28, 2019, 12:29 pm

Championship sides now busy installing CCTV cameras in the bushes round their training grounds :-$

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » May 28, 2019, 1:10 pm

Adhoc wrote:
May 28, 2019, 10:22 am
Well, it's a wrap for this season. Congratulations to Aston Villa winning the play off final.
At least next season Leeds can look forward to taking 6 points from Derby County, again. :lol:
Roll on August.

MOT
Eh By Gum, Mr Ad-hoc have you been on the liquid Hovis again or stargazing with your new binoculars!! Joking aside I thought Villa were stronger and showed their experience, although Derby rattled them the second half..We need a few new players now with the loan players going back to their parent clubs..(lend Mr Lampard your binoculars ) Look forward to next season .. cheers

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 28, 2019, 7:05 pm

From Sky

LEEDS 'DELIGHTED' TO KEEP BIELSA

Some more on the news that Marcelo Bielsa will remain in charge of Leeds next season...

"Leeds United are delighted to confirm that chairman Andrea Radrizzani has officially exercised the option to extend Marcelo Bielsa's contract for a second season," a club statement said.

"Marcelo has met with the board of directors on a number of occasions over the past few days and has confirmed his intention to continue on in his role of head coach.

"Bielsa penned a two-year deal with the Whites in June 2018 with the club maintaining the right to extend or terminate the deal at the end of year one."

Great news for the rest of the Championship teams .......... renowned for his Jose esque second season meltdowns (didn't realise the new season started 6 weeks ago though :-k )

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 3, 2019, 3:29 pm

"Phil Neville has been using sauna sessions to prepare his England Women side for the heat during the World Cup in France".

Come on guys ... be honest ... If you managed a womens team you'd have them in the sauna if you could get away with it

Return to “World Sports”