Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by stattointhailand » June 29, 2021, 3:06 pm

Typical Leeds fan :roll:

They just ignore all the reasons after the first 10,843 [-X

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 1, 2021, 8:04 am

Scott Parker has left Fulham to take over as manager of Bournemouth.
Fulham are targeting ex Everton favourite, Marco Silva, as their new boss.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 1, 2021, 8:37 am

And still Scunny dont sign anyone ..WE ARE DOOMED ..

Im fancying Walsal to do well in L2 this year.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 1, 2021, 9:01 am

Notice the Macclesfield FC banner at Wembley behind the goal when Muller made his dreadful miss. 8)
FB_IMG_1625104447766.jpg
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 1, 2021, 11:21 am

Not surprising he missed zid, he must have thought "Mien got, zey even have fussball in Macclesfield" that's enough to put anyone off.

It is, after all, the last in a long line of German misses, starting with the chippy in Scunthorpe :-"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 29, 2021, 2:34 pm

As we dont have a below grass roots level thread, I suppose any reference to the Shambles that is Scottish football and the fact that Celtics season is now finished (in July) has to appear on this thread..........

https://www.skysports.com/football/midt ... ort/446732

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2021 / 22

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 6, 2021, 9:15 pm

Well knock me down with a feather .. the new EFLseason starts tomorrow and my beloved Scunthorpe Utd have made some strange choices and annoucnements reference those wishing tonattend games .. the stadium.is a cash less zone 55555 we know .. Mr Swan its been like it for years

Heres the head shaking details ...

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/new ... ome-clash/

A long hard season ahead for the Iron .. IMO donwell to stay in the league with what can only be described as a very poor quality inexperienced squad ..

Watch out for
Bradford city n Walsal fc to shine this year

Dm

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 6, 2021, 11:06 pm

Its the tractor boys year .... Ipswich by a country (yokel) mile

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 6, 2021, 11:25 pm

League 2 Statto ..Ipswich are in L1 i think

Go stand in the naughty corner with Tam

Dm

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2021/22

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 7, 2021, 8:03 am

Full EFL program starts today ... so i wil be reigniting the Isan Iron fan club , alas it may be difficult to find a location for the meetings as most buildings the size required are being used for covid beds ..

Scunny v Swindon today KO 9pm Thai time ..

UP THE IRON .. claret n Blue all way throoooooo

DM

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 7, 2021, 9:55 am

One supposes the stands will be packed to the gills for this match. Up the iron...that sounds about right. It's the colours that makes it difficult to cheer for the Iron. Rust brown and orange might be better.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 7, 2021, 10:12 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 7, 2021, 9:55 am
One supposes the stands will be packed to the gills for this match. Up the iron...that sounds about right. It's the colours that makes it difficult to cheer for the Iron. Rust brown and orange might be better.
Thats Bradford city LYM ..

The Scunny chairman Mr Swan (------) in his wisdom has introduced a cashless stadium on match day ..FKY .. can even buy a pie with notes or coins , no cash turnstiles etc .. so be even less than the usual 9k or 10k there for sure. Im not sure if these are new restrictions cos of covid but i havent heard about anymore places going cashless on match days.. maybe ive been away too long and cash is no longer K I N G with everyone on prompt pay n cards etc .

Up the Iron .. you should become a Scunny fan LYM .. not your cuppa tea as no transgenders n cheats allowed :lol: :lol:

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 7, 2021, 11:14 am

Nice Mr Swan got told that if he charged to get in he would risk breaking the trade descriptions act, and having already claimed that Scunny didnt entertain, and so need not pay VAT as Entertainment he was up the creek without the proverbial paddle

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 7, 2021, 10:57 pm

Ar .. lets start as we mean to go on as my old gran used to say .. NOT a good start to the new season

Som.num nar Mr Swan

DM

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 8, 2021, 4:04 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 7, 2021, 10:12 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

The Scunny chairman Mr Swan (------) in his wisdom has introduced a cashless stadium on match day ..FKY .. can even buy a pie with notes or coins , no cash turnstiles etc .. so be even less than the usual 9k or 10k there for sure. Im not sure if these are new restrictions cos of covid but i havent heard about anymore places going cashless on match days.. maybe ive been away too long and cash is no longer K I N G with everyone on prompt pay n cards etc .

Up the Iron .. you should become a Scunny fan LYM .. not your cuppa tea as no transgenders n cheats allowed :lol: :lol:

DM
I t seems that West Ham United also wear claret and blue. Which team had those colours first?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 8, 2021, 7:12 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 8, 2021, 4:04 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 7, 2021, 10:12 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

DM
I t seems that West Ham United also wear claret and blue. Which team had those colours first?
In the EFL inc EPL there are only 4 real clubs that wear claret n blue .. in no particular order

Scunthorpe United
West Ham
Aston Villa
Burnley

I cannot comment exactly on which of the above adopted claret n Blue colours first though i guess it would be either Villa or West Ham...as they are the older of the clubs.

Long tough season ahead for my beloved Iron ..being a local lad and a nice bloke wont help manager Niel Cox and he will be nipping his arse if more defeats follow as chairman Swan isnt slow in sacking managers.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 8, 2021, 11:43 am

According to Wiki??? its Villa

The club colours are a claret shirt with sky blue sleeves, white shorts with claret and blue trim, and sky blue socks with claret and white trim. They were the original wearers of the claret and blue. Villa's colours at the outset generally comprised plain shirts (white, grey or a shade of blue), with either white or black shorts. For a few years after that (1877–79) the team wore several different kits from all white, blue and black, red and blue to plain green. By 1880, black jerseys with a red lion embroidered on the chest were introduced by William McGregor. This remained the first choice strip for six years. On Monday, 8 November 1886, an entry in the club's official minute book states:

(i) Proposed and seconded that the colours be chocolate and sky blue shirts and that we order two dozen. (ii) Proposed and seconded that Mr McGregor be requested to supply them at the lowest quotation.

The chocolate colour later became claret.[50] Nobody is quite sure why claret and blue became the club's adopted colours.[50] Several other English football teams adopted their colours; clubs that wear claret and blue include West Ham United and Burnley

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 8, 2021, 11:46 am

stattointhailand wrote:
August 8, 2021, 11:43 am
According to Wiki??? its Villa

The club colours are a claret shirt with sky blue sleeves, white shorts with claret and blue trim, and sky blue socks with claret and white trim. They were the original wearers of the claret and blue. Villa's colours at the outset generally comprised plain shirts (white, grey or a shade of blue), with either white or black shorts. For a few years after that (1877–79) the team wore several different kits from all white, blue and black, red and blue to plain green. By 1880, black jerseys with a red lion embroidered on the chest were introduced by William McGregor. This remained the first choice strip for six years. On Monday, 8 November 1886, an entry in the club's official minute book states:

(i) Proposed and seconded that the colours be chocolate and sky blue shirts and that we order two dozen. (ii) Proposed and seconded that Mr McGregor be requested to supply them at the lowest quotation.

The chocolate colour later became claret.[50] Nobody is quite sure why claret and blue became the club's adopted colours.[50] Several other English football teams adopted their colours; clubs that wear claret and blue include West Ham United and Burnley AND SCUNTHORPE UTD
Edited above ...

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 8, 2021, 4:50 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 7, 2021, 10:57 pm
Ar .. lets start as we mean to go on as my old gran used to say .. NOT a good start to the new season

Som.num nar Mr Swan

DM
Thanks to your insider knowledge I lumped on Scunny to go down. Well done Swindon!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 8, 2021, 5:10 pm

A wise move Sam .. the iron are doomed this season ..i doubt there are 2 worse teams in L2 than scunny ..sad but true

Return to “World Sports”