Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

General sports news and discussions.
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 21, 2021, 10:29 pm

C'est la vie. It's just another bloody soccer game!!!!! No-one cares anyway.

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 22, 2021, 1:25 am

They do in Scunthorpe and Mansfield. I'm concerned your writing off the cares of us Little Englanders like we don't matter.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 22, 2021, 2:41 am

Earnest wrote:
November 22, 2021, 1:25 am
They do in Scunthorpe and Mansfield. I'm concerned your writing off the cares of us Little Englanders like we don't matter.
Now, now, Britain will always be the motherland to us in British North America. We do care, and you do matter, but just not as much as before when you ruled the waves. My flippancy was in response to the admonishment rendered by 747 over the term Bloody Soccer!!!!! You might remember the days, maybe decades, ago when he got under everyone's skin.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2021, 7:10 am

Rangers, on their first outing without dear leader are thrashed 1-3 by Hibs in the League Cup semi.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2021, 7:22 am

Back in the real world and Scunny have a great chance to bounce back ( or further into the relegation wastelands ) as Tuesday night sees another round of L2 fixtures .. Scunny are home to Leyton Orient ... a team famous for ......ERRR hang on .. a team ...cant find owt they are famous for.

A home win is essential for the Iron anything else and really must be writing on the wall for FOOTBALL league status .. IMO we will be far detached by January making Keith Hills impossible despite who he signs in the New Year transfer window.

WELL DONE to the traveling supporters who went to Mansfield .. excellent turn out considering where the club are at the moment. Heres the ironarmy vlog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77KnIpXJf0k

DM.. keeping the faith ...a while longer
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 22, 2021, 10:40 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 22, 2021, 7:22 am
Back in the real world and Scunny have a great chance to bounce back ( or further into the relegation wastelands ) as Tuesday night sees another round of L2 fixtures .. Scunny are home to Leyton Orient ... a team famous for ......ERRR hang on .. a team ...cant find owt they are famous for.

A home win is essential for the Iron anything else and really must be writing on the wall for FOOTBALL league status .. IMO we will be far detached by January making Keith Hills impossible despite who he signs in the New Year transfer window.

WELL DONE to the traveling supporters who went to Mansfield .. excellent turn out considering where the club are at the moment. Heres the ironarmy vlog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77KnIpXJf0k

You seem to be grasping at straws instead of accepting the inevitable. Maybe a change of colours back to Liverpool red would help. That might be a straw worth grasping.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2021, 10:45 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:40 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 22, 2021, 7:22 am

You seem to be grasping at straws instead of accepting the inevitable. Maybe a change of colours back to Liverpool red would help. That might be a straw worth grasping.
Scunny the only team for me .. rain snow or blow and whatever the league they play in .. loyalty to one club no back up or second clubs here .. ONE DAY YOU will grasp that ideal LYM.

DM

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 22, 2021, 10:45 pm

You are bringing tears to my eyes. No-one can doubt that you are a first-class Scunthorpe athletic supporter

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 23, 2021, 4:53 am

That's the ticket!
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 23, 2021, 5:07 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:45 pm
You are bringing tears to my eyes. No-one can doubt that you are a first-class Scunthorpe athletic supporter
Im sure your words are sincere LYM , from the heart of your bottom.

indeed i will forever be ..CLARET N BLUE ALL WAY THROUGH..

hoping for a win against Stattoz Os later today.. alas being a realist expecting the worst.

UP THE IRON

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 23, 2021, 7:10 am

Scunthorpe should beat a team with that horrible moniker. Up the Iron!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 23, 2021, 8:24 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:45 pm
Here's another athletic supporter. This is the closest I could find to the Scunny club colours.
Screenshot_20211123-082108~2.png
Does my cock look big in this?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 23, 2021, 8:35 am

Oh dear ...trust Tam to lower the tone of this respectable thread [-X ..first including low level Scottish football and then posting this rather gay looking JOCK strap thing to support the crown jewels ..

Latest Iron news ... Scunny do not have goal keeper so former Man U trailist Ohara on emergency 7 day loan from Burton Albion will step in for his second game .. not sure what happens after the 7 day is up.

DM ..keeping all you Udon / Isan based Iron fans up to date... hoping for a positive result this evening ..KO 2 am Thai time available live on I follow for 10 quid.. BARGAIN!!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 23, 2021, 8:37 am

Make it claret and blue like West Ham/Aston Villa or Liverpool red and you will have exactly the athletic supporter I had in mind.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » November 23, 2021, 9:09 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:35 am
available live on I follow for 10 quid.. BARGAIN!!
This glitch was highlighted during Ifollows early football coverage. The fact it happened in a game from Scotland and, the voiceover is provided by a North American accent referring to soccer makes me think this is a conspiracy propagated by UM members

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SPbTKfu0zUY

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 24, 2021, 5:56 am

In an entertaiing game Scunny n Orient drew 1-1 .. good news is Carlisle n Oldham our closet relly rivals both lost.

Up the Iron ..we didnt loose n it feels ok

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 24, 2021, 5:38 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 24, 2021, 5:56 am
In an entertaiing game Scunny n Orient drew 1-1 .. good news is Carlisle n Oldham our closet relly rivals both lost.

DM
Slight re think .. after warching the match highlights it should ov been 5 or 6 for Orient but luckily they didnt have their shhoting boots on .. a point was very fortunate fir the Iron but we will take it.

Next up fir Scunny Bradford city who have 6 firmer Iron players currently in their squad so should be interesting..also a decent crowd n atmos as they will sell.out the away end at 25 quid a ticket :shock: yep circa 1000 bt whilst Scunny fans pay 13 quid / 600 bt. It seems most clubs are on the away fan dual.pricing scam nowadays ..scams not only in Udon or jet ski operators as vlad thinks

After a quick bit of research it seems theres a huge difference in footy match tickets across the EF leagues with prices vary from appro 10 quid to 60 quid with some CL games 80 to 100 quid .. blooming heck i was shocked as i first paid 2 quid at The Old Shiw Ground and then 6 quid at the new Glanford park .. a bargain n great value back then.

Dm

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 24, 2021, 6:51 pm

When I came to LOS DM, I sold my footie badges/progs/odds n ends on e bay.
I remember some of the tickets (seats) at the likes of Villa/Spurs/Ipswich were 2/6d for a first division/FA cup game.
I had a junior season ticket (posh area) at Romford 1964 (equiv of todays National League /5th tier) which included all league matches, all FA cup/Essex Senior cup and Eastern Pro cup matches PLUS all reserve games (total of about 80 matches) and it cost 12/6d (62.5p) a season

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 24, 2021, 7:40 pm

Some crazy statts there statts
I dread to think what a season ticket at Chelsea etc are ..it appears stamford Bridge is the most expensive to enter in the UK... adding on the general cost of living n utilities etc makes you wonder how the average fan finds the cash to go the foott every week
Alas btw ... 1964 i was a mere stain on the underpants of life ..65 is when the cream.rose to the top and i was spawned.
I can recall a pre match pint in the Britainia was 58p before the walk up Donny rd to the Old Show Ground ..

Dm

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 24, 2021, 9:11 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 24, 2021, 5:38 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 24, 2021, 5:56 am

DM
Slight re think .. after warching the match highlights it should ov been 5 or 6 for Orient but luckily they didnt have their shhoting boots on .. a point was very fortunate fir the Iron but we will take it.

Next up fir Scunny Bradford city who have 6 firmer Iron players currently in their squad so should be interesting..also a decent crowd n atmos as they will sell.out the away end at 25 quid a ticket :shock: yep circa 1000 bt whilst Scunny fans pay 13 quid / 600 bt. It seems most clubs are on the away fan dual.pricing scam nowadays ..scams not only in Udon or jet ski operators as vlad thinks

After a quick bit of research it seems theres a huge difference in footy match tickets across the EF leagues with prices vary from appro 10 quid to 60 quid with some CL games 80 to 100 quid .. blooming heck i was shocked as i first paid 2 quid at The Old Shiw Ground and then 6 quid at the new Glanford park .. a bargain n great value back then.

Dm
.. blooming heck i was shocked as i first paid 2 quid at The Old Shiw Ground and then 6 quid at the new Glanford park .. a bargain n great value back then.......But YOU Still got Ripped Off !!

Return to “World Sports”