Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

General sports news and discussions.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 29, 2021, 10:51 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 29, 2021, 9:32 am
This is a bargain. Where is the application form? To speed things up, I want to send the cheque directly to you. How can I get one of those claret and light blue West Ha...er...Scunthorpe jerseys?

As for the video, why are the shorts so long, they look like pedal pushers? But, you gotta love the crowd.
I will PM you my bank details .. no need for an application form .. you passed the test just by watching the vid..
Niggly wrote:
August 29, 2021, 9:32 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 29, 2021, 9:19 am

** DISCLAIMER we do not except applications from anyone who has lived worked or visited Grimsby , and in the case of residents of Yorkshire ,Lancs , Tyne side , Cockneys and Merseyside application are vetted more rigourously due to past experiences with offensive behaviour , hairstyles , deformities and clothing (lilac shorts mainly)

Up the Iron

DM
Bugger, my Auntie & Uncle lived in Grimsby (Cleethorpes to be precise) so you can count me out 👎
Cleethorpes is fine .. my fav fish n chip shop is there ..Steeles .. so please see above reply to LYM .

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 29, 2021, 11:01 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 29, 2021, 10:51 am

Cleethorpes is fine .. my fav fish n chip shop is there ..Steeles .. so please see above reply to LYM .

DM
But I have visited Grimsby. I’m also from Yorkshire & pretty offensive (check out the post approvals) & refuse to watch the video.
However, I don’t have a dodgy hairstyle & I’m not, will not ever, be a vision in lilac.

For the love of lavender bed linen, what else do I need to do to be turned down for this membership ?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 29, 2021, 12:22 pm

Heres my paperwork......... count me out \:D/
Hilda.png

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 29, 2021, 9:28 pm

It is with great sadness i have to.confirm.applications for both pfizer n TIIFC are now closed..

Thank you to all who.applied

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 31, 2021, 7:51 am

Heres a bit of info for new Iron fan LYM (and Statto who needs edjamacating on football management) ..a short YT vid on Niel Cox Scunny manager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp6FtAY8N3A

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 31, 2021, 5:55 pm

May be a position in the Cambridge boat might better suit :-k

Either way he'd have a sinking feeling

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 1, 2021, 7:23 am

Well deadline day for signings has passed and Scunny mananged to get in two more young talented recruits Hackney from Middlesboro and Wood from Hull city .. both attacking midfielders so sadly didnt get an out n out striker.

Keep up with ALL THINGS IRON at the link below.

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/

Im getting the like Niel Cox squad and way more optimistic than previous ... hes done some real clever business and the makings of a much improved group from when he took over with a good mix of youth and experience , i hope Scunny can surprise me and many others by pushing on and having a decent season .. many in the game have tipped them including me to struggle badly but performances are improving so fingers crossed the Iron can do well.

UP THE IRON ...Claret n Blue all way through.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 2, 2021, 1:20 pm

Apart from the two goals Denmark scored, Scotland would have had another creditable 0 - 0 draw :-"

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 2, 2021, 2:24 pm

Indeed Statts a great start by the Jocks whose supporters were brought down to earth with a bang ..maybe some still clinging to the memories of the once in a life time generation to generation tale of the recent great 0-0 with England at the Euros...

A few other scorelines that needed a double take notably Frogs n Cloggies

England play Hungry KO 01-45 Friday morning .. lets hope the 3 Lions have the hungar and appetite to administer a dam good thrashing.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 3, 2021, 7:44 am

No need to start a World cup thread so posted here instead .

After a goalless first half the 3 Lions turned in a stella second half performance to slot home 4 goals n beat Hungry comfortably in the end .. now topping the group on maximum points.

Elsewhere a few head shaking results including Spain and Italy to name just 2... and a great away win for Norther Ireland, alas not looking good for the other "home" nations with them struggling to find the net .. and in fact the Jocks have only scored once in decades so its understandable why they would celebrate a 0-0 for so long.

Scunny away at Northampton tomorrow .. hoping for a decent performance.

Please be aware the pre match Udon Iron fan club meeting has been cancelled this week as it is held in the same location at Rajaphat Uni where the Jabathon is being done .. realistically its the only venue big enough to hole the number of attendees so it is with great sadness we had to cancel.

Up the Iron

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 3, 2021, 12:02 pm

More head shaking than all that ........ Timo Werner scored :shock:
Not seen the highlight yet but assume someone kicked the ball against him and it rebounded into the net

Do you not hold your meetings outdoors on the Nong Sim Esplanade anymore DM or were there too many leotards and purple shorts erks pretending to exercize :-$

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 4, 2021, 9:11 am

Surprised to see the Northampton v Scunny game still on despite all the International call ups.
Assume thats the reason the Buckie Thistle v Fort William game is off
Good luck to the Jocks as they prepare to get a visit from that soccer powerhouse Moldovia

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 5, 2021, 7:18 am

Not a good day at the office for Scunny .. having a player sent off very early didnt help as they went down 2-0 at Northampton .. despite the flattering scoreline it was a tight game with the home side scoring in the 92nd minute to make it look worse.

So the irons 4 game unbeaten run ends.. but i am feeling slightly more optimistic as they seem to be not quite as bad as i first thought and more so it appears there are others looking worse AT THE MOMENT .. i am still predicting a season of struggle and cant ever see the Iron getting in the top half ... just please avoid the bottom two.

Ive been following the National league games and i can see why its so hard to get out .. lots of biggish clubs have found themselves there ones with more cash than Scunny .. so if we do go down it would probably be for a while ...gone are the heady days of the championship and flirting with promotion to the EPL ..

UP THE IRON

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 5, 2021, 12:47 pm

I thought it was a very harsh red card given by VAR (Very Awful Ref). Its a well known fact that the Scunny "boys" have been up against it for a long time ......"men v boys" I hear from the favorite junction end time after time .....
It's stands to reason then that you CANNOT send off one of the Scunny "Boys" for being the last "MAN" !!!!
Refs should know what it says in the rules

I magnificent 1 - 0 win for the bonny scots against mighty Moldovia, although I'm a bit concerned that after the "Trannies in the Olympics" kerfuffle, the Scots have chosen to include Dykes in their mens team :-"

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 5, 2021, 3:56 pm

...gone are the heady days of the championship and flirting with promotion to the EPL ..And just when was the LAST Time Scunny ( 555 ) Did that ?? Answers on the back of a Postage Stamp please,But I Won't hold my breath....555 !!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 5, 2021, 5:39 pm

747man wrote:
September 5, 2021, 3:56 pm
...gone are the heady days of the championship and flirting with promotion to the EPL ..And just when was the LAST Time Scunny ( 555 ) Did that ?? Answers on the back of a Postage Stamp please,But I Won't hold my breath....555 !!
Here you go numbnuts ..dont get yer lilac y fronts in a tangle ..

Season 2006 /7
SCUNTHORPE league 1 champions .
.Promoted to the CHAMPIONSHIP.

As trivia it was the same year Newcastle Utd were relegated and were in tge Championship .. Scunny drew 1-1 with them at Glanford park but lost 2-1 at StJames park.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 5, 2021, 5:57 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 5, 2021, 5:39 pm
747man wrote:

Season 2006 /7

As trivia it was the same year Newcastle Utd were relegated and were in tge Championship .. Scunny drew 1-1 with them at Glanford park but lost 2-1 at StJames park.

DM
Excellent riposte there DM. Put that bugger in his place. Well done.

Such in depth knowledge of your team's history is indicative of a true follower (but never a leader).
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 5, 2021, 6:00 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
September 4, 2021, 9:11 am
Surprised to see the Northampton v Scunny game still on despite all the International call ups.
Assume thats the reason the Buckie Thistle v Fort William game is off
Good luck to the Jocks as they prepare to get a visit from that soccer powerhouse Moldovia
WRT the game at Buckie, it wasn't weather this time but apparently a "technical" matter. The word on the street is the Fort's bus driver lost his keys.

Scotland scored? At home???

I must sit down a moment.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 5, 2021, 8:08 pm

tamada wrote:
September 5, 2021, 5:57 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 5, 2021, 5:39 pm
747man wrote:

Season 2006 /7

DM
Excellent riposte there DM. Put that bugger in his place. Well done.

Such in depth knowledge of your team's history is indicative of a true follower (but never a leader).
As a life long follower of the Iron of course i know their history ... IMO ts always best to have first hand knowledge on hand in the grey matter rather than having to google everything ..NO ?

I doubt i could lead Scunny from.Udon ... in fact i turned down the managers job both at Glanford park and as national Jockish coach as i live too far away to commute.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 5, 2021, 8:20 pm

Perhaps you should use the septic system then DM ........... just move them lock stock & chip shop to the Udon & district U15 league (you could manage, 747 could eat all the pies and tam could "iron" the kit), who knows they may even win a few games

Return to “World Sports”