747man
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by 747man » September 5, 2021, 8:44 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 5, 2021, 5:39 pm
747man wrote:
September 5, 2021, 3:56 pm
...gone are the heady days of the championship and flirting with promotion to the EPL ..And just when was the LAST Time Scunny ( 555 ) Did that ?? Answers on the back of a Postage Stamp please,But I Won't hold my breath....555 !!
Here you go numbnuts ..dont get yer lilac y fronts in a tangle ..

Season 2006 /7
SCUNTHORPE league 1 champions .
.Promoted to the CHAMPIONSHIP.

As trivia it was the same year Newcastle Utd were relegated and were in tge Championship .. Scunny drew 1-1 with them at Glanford park but lost 2-1 at StJames park.

DM
.Promoted to the CHAMPIONSHIP.??? But I Thought You Mentioned The Premier League,Didn't Yer ??

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 6, 2021, 1:07 am

Did yer mate enjoy Wemberlee DM? I saw he took the Scunny banner with him

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 6, 2021, 6:35 am

stattointhailand wrote:
September 6, 2021, 1:07 am
Did yer mate enjoy Wemberlee DM? I saw he took the Scunny banner with him
Indeed i watched the game n spotted the Scunny flag ..there was always a group of Scunny fans that followed England all over the world .. back when i was there we were very fortunate one ardent Iron fan had won the National lottery and covered a lot of travel expenses both for league and other fixtures...nowadays the fan base is much youger by the look of the Ironarmy vlogs.

Another free scoring England performance ,,,what the Jocks would give to score 4 in one match ..takes them 2 or 3 years at their current rate.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 12, 2021, 2:16 pm

I see the mighty "O"'s are in the automatic promotion positions in League 2 :-"

Exeter took notice of how impressed DM is when teams score 4 :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 12, 2021, 3:39 pm

I was hoping to slip under the radr with this latest scoreline but alas no ..THANKS STATTO ..

MAY YOUR GONADS TURN GREEN FESTER AND DROP OFF!!

Here the Ironarmy vlog .. the life of a true Scunny fan .. this you tuber lives / works in London yet travels home to Scunny for the home games as well as attending the away ones ..always an entertaining vid .. including a wrecked Exeter fan in the Iron bar who knew too much :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbrngo6RzzY

We are in serious trouble with this shower of sh*te puling on the famous claret n blue colours .. even Cox the manager threw a sickie n had a day off.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 14, 2021, 9:32 am

Because DM PM'd me requesting an update on northern happenings, Peterhead managed to grind out their first win in 5 outings against Airdrie and lift themselves slightly off the bottom on League1. So with a 2 wins and 4 losses and no real chance of joining the chalk in the top-half of the table, they should focus on staying on top of the cheese.

Fort William seem to have acquired some good striking options this season and found the back of the net 3 times last Saturday. Unfortunately, visitors Inverurie Loco's managed to find 10 at t'other end.

However it's not all doom and gloom as they have been awarded an unexpected bonus by the SHFL. Last month the league's governing body deemed the Fort's home ground at Claggan Park in breach of league rules and thus unplayable. They will now have to play ALL their 2021/22 season games away. This double-exposure to the public, footie fans and scouts will no doubt lead to some serious head-hunting from the likes of PSG, RBL and Barça.

https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2021/08/ ... tish-news/

Watch THIS space!
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 14, 2021, 9:35 am

tamada wrote:
September 14, 2021, 9:32 am
Because DM PM'd me requesting an update on northern happenings, Peterhead managed to grind out their first win in 5 outings against Airdrie and lift themselves slightly off the bottom on League1. So with a 2 wins and 4 losses and no real chance of joining the chalk in the top-half of the table, they should focus on staying on top of the cheese.

Fort William seem to have acquired some good striking options this season and found the back of the net 3 times last Saturday. Unfortunately, visitors Inverurie Loco's managed to find 10 at t'other end.

However it's not all doom and gloom as they have been awarded an unexpected bonus by the SHFL. Last month the league's governing body deemed the Fort's home ground at Claggan Park in breach of league rules and thus unplayable. They will now have to play ALL their 2021/22 season games away. This double-exposure to the public, footie fans and scouts will no doubt lead to some serious head-hunting from the likes of PSG, RBL and Barça.

https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2021/08/ ... tish-news/

Watch THIS space!
Thats a wee bit of DOLL AIR Tam :lol: :lol:

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 14, 2021, 3:20 pm

Any chance if Khun Adhoc reads this he can edit the title of the OP & get rid of 2018/19?
I know these lower teams like to bask in past glories but this thread title is really starting to irritate me now

Cheers
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 16, 2021, 5:35 pm

Chris Hughton sacked by Forest (was it Ren that was the Forest Supporter?)

How long before the usual rant that theres not enough Ethnic Minority managers in football?

Could it possibly be that those that are, "just are not good enough"?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 16, 2021, 6:34 pm

Niggly wrote:
September 14, 2021, 3:20 pm
Any chance if Khun Adhoc reads this he can edit the title of the OP & get rid of 2018/19?
I know these lower teams like to bask in past glories but this thread title is really starting to irritate me now

Cheers
Not a lot of members are aware that they can edit the title of a thread if they were the person that posted it, ie. they were the OP (original poster) of the OP (original post).

Anyone sent adhoc a PM yet and explained that it's possible?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 16, 2021, 6:36 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
September 16, 2021, 5:35 pm
Chris Hughton sacked by Forest (was it Ren that was the Forest Supporter?)

How long before the usual rant that theres not enough Ethnic Minority managers in football?

Could it possibly be that those that are, "just are not good enough"?
I thought Darren Moore was given a bit of a bums rush at the Baggies but let's see how he fairs with the Owls.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 16, 2021, 6:48 pm

Jimmy Floyd seems to be making a fair fist of the Burton job ..... can't be that bad if they got him back a second time

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 16, 2021, 7:03 pm

tamada wrote:
September 16, 2021, 6:34 pm
Niggly wrote:
September 14, 2021, 3:20 pm

Cheers
Not a lot of members are aware that they can edit the title of a thread if they were the person that posted it, ie. they were the OP (original poster) of the OP (original post).

Anyone sent adhoc a PM yet and explained that it's possible?
I didn’t bother. He logged in a few days ago so I was hoping he’d read it here
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 17, 2021, 7:31 am

Back at the sticky end of the football league and Scunnys next defeat will be today away at Carlisle Utd ...which is near Barrow where Vlad has his fully furnished bedsit (includes pictures of Thailand and floral curtains).

Niel Cox is back in the dug out after missing the last game due to his father passing away ..lets hope he can inspire the team to a draw or even the miracle of an away win.. as in reality the Iron could quite easily go all season without one of them.

We are currently in second to bottom in L2 and its looking bleak very bleak...AS I PREDICTED

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 17, 2021, 11:27 am

I'm STILL Waiting for The Monkey's Match report from last Weeks 0-4 Home HAMMERING !! Did He Forget I Reckon So..

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2021/22

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 18, 2021, 7:12 am

747man wrote:
September 17, 2021, 11:27 am
I'm STILL Waiting for The Monkey's Match report from last Weeks 0-4 Home HAMMERING !! Did He Forget I Reckon So..
I did post on this subject , you must of missed it. There was no need for my lilac tinted glasses to be worn as the Iron were well n truly thrashed .. all be it an OG , dodgy referee, soft penalty and 2 goals offside .. no sour grapes thats how i saw it.

Today sees Scunnys latest defeat away at Carlisle .... fans boycotting the games to get chairman Swan out and its time to start planning for this once great club who knocked on the EPL door to prepare for the National league oblivion that beckons next year.

I bet Rafa is pleased he took the Everton job instead of the Scunny vacancy he applied for.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 18, 2021, 7:39 am

Maybe you need to talk one of your local Thai with a wedge friends into investing is some rusting metal in the east of England? With Bojo fixin' to remove some Covid travel hurdles, maybe get a player swapathon going with UFC here?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2021/22

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 19, 2021, 7:14 am

A very misty n foggy dog walk at 6am ... n thats how i feel after Scunny so close to an away win .. winning 2-0 with 9 mins to go then the ref adds on 6 minutes extra time from know where and it ends up 2-2 ... way better performance. Would i have taken a draw before kick off YES but after being 2-0 up virtually all the game its like a loss.

New 4 4 2 played and worked better .. here the ironarmy vlog from Gareth who this week was joined by his missus n bairn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-paoWk_ExL4

Up the Iron

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 19, 2021, 12:41 pm

So Scunny Got an Away Point.....555 !!
DQey6umWAAA75dF.jpg
DQey6umWAAA75dF.jpg (27.83 KiB) Viewed 928 times
But Someone in Udon-On-MUD Should be a Bit of a Mr Happy This Afternoon,But He Ain't.....
D5y9d44WkAAwYtC.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 19, 2021, 1:28 pm

New on Lazada Alan .. slightly more cerise than lilac but im sure it will get you aroused ... btw its not a face mask and you cant have this one as its part of my collection of home evening attire so used n a tad soiled.

Back to the footy .. rather a strange match report from Scunny gaffa Niel Cox after giving up a 2 goal lead in the last 9 mins against Carlisle .. how exactly you can take positives from that is head shaking surely...

Big game next week Scunny v Port Vale ..which is the fav team of a good friend here in Udon and the depending how that goes could be the difference of staying home out of the way for a few days .. UNLESS SCUNNY WIN OF COURSE [-o< :lol:

DM
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on September 20, 2021, 8:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “World Sports”