Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

General sports news and discussions.
Post Reply
User avatar
Adhoc
udonmap.com
Posts: 389
Joined: February 21, 2009, 11:28 am

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Adhoc » September 22, 2018, 12:03 pm

tamada wrote:
September 22, 2018, 11:44 am
Scottish League Two: Peterhead FC. Despite getting knocked out of the Scottish Challenge Cup 2nd round, losing 0-1 to Bohemians at home and losing their first game of the season to league leaders Edinburgh City at the start of the month, Peterhead are only 2 points adrift in 2nd place. They're at home to Berwick Rangers today so should be another 3-pointer.

Fort William away to Linlithgow Rose in the Scottish Cup 1st round today. Please be gentle with 'em Rose.
Ah, Bohemians. I love their rapsody.
Ps.
Come on Berwick, as they're an English team. :lol:



User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 4255
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by tamada » September 22, 2018, 12:47 pm

How often do relegated Premier League clubs bounce straight back from the Championship?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footb ... nship.html

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 3554
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 22, 2018, 11:07 pm

Scunny 1 Shrews 0 :D
Leeds 1 Birmingham 2 :shock:
Mboro 0 Swansea 0 :roll:

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 4255
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by tamada » September 23, 2018, 12:34 am

Peterhead 1 Berwick Rangers 0
Stanley 2 Wimbledon 1
Aberdeen 1 Motherwell 0
and....
Linlithgow Rose 3 Fort William 0

Oh well, can't win 'em all.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 4255
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by tamada » September 23, 2018, 12:44 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 22, 2018, 11:07 pm
Scunny 1 Shrews 0 :D
Leeds 1 Birmingham 2 :shock:
Mboro 0 Swansea 0 :roll:
Up the Iron!
Birmingham fercrisesakes?! And it was 0-2 with 5 minutes to go as the Blues parked the bus. I guess we'll see if Bielsa spits the dummy and quits.
Boro.. the draw gets them top of the table with Leeds.

Watch out for them Baggies tho'

User avatar
Adhoc
udonmap.com
Posts: 389
Joined: February 21, 2009, 11:28 am

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Adhoc » September 23, 2018, 10:54 am

LUFC had to lose sometime, but Birmingham!!!!
The next game will be a good one to bounce back.
Sheff Weds away Friday night.

MOT

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 3554
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 23, 2018, 12:48 pm

Adhoc wrote:
September 23, 2018, 10:54 am
LUFC had to lose sometime, but Birmingham!!!!
The next game will be a good one to bounce back.
Sheff Weds away Friday night.

MOT
Thats one way of looking at it i suppose !!! .. still remaining optimistic Adhoc .. thats the Yorkshire true grit spit n sawdust wheres my change spirit .. i hope this isnt where it all starts to go pear shaped for the Mighty Whites and their hundreds of loyal fans

SoT .....Stumbling on Together

Elsewhere ,,, the future is bright ..the future is orange ...more ginger actually :lol: :lol:

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11755
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by stattointhailand » September 23, 2018, 1:10 pm

He'll be drinking dutch beer next :roll:

Dont think the "Ginger" thing will catch on DM ........... I am the Prince of "Ginger" free and undaunted

mind you the Scots might use it as a wind up next time the Dutch visit Hampden Park :lol:

User avatar
Zidane
udonmap.com
Posts: 6581
Joined: July 6, 2005, 12:24 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Zidane » September 24, 2018, 8:58 am

In League 2...
Crewe 0 Port Vale 1
Exeter 3 Cheltenham 0
Forest Green 1 Crawley 0
Morecambe 2 Macclesfield 1 :(

Macc Town....rock bottom with 2 points from 9 games....they are in danger of becoming the Fort William of League 2 and could get a record low number of points !
This joke of a manager,Mark Yates,has to go......Jess Yates or Paula Yates would have known more about football than him !
Even a mediocre manager would be an improvement....Nick Daws,Brian Laws,Marco Silva ! :yikes:
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10190
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by 747man » September 24, 2018, 10:28 am

Zidane wrote:
September 24, 2018, 8:58 am
In League 2...
Crewe 0 Port Vale 1
Exeter 3 Cheltenham 0
Forest Green 1 Crawley 0
Morecambe 2 Macclesfield 1 :(

Macc Town....rock bottom with 2 points from 9 games....they are in danger of becoming the Fort William of League 2 and could get a record low number of points !
This joke of a manager,Mark Yates,has to go......Jess Yates or Paula Yates would have known more about football than him !
Even a mediocre manager would be an improvement....Nick Daws,Brian Laws,Marco Silva ! :yikes:
Naughty, Naughty......He is 6 Games in Give Him a Fooking Chance......

User avatar
Zidane
udonmap.com
Posts: 6581
Joined: July 6, 2005, 12:24 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Zidane » September 26, 2018, 11:08 am

747man wrote:
September 24, 2018, 10:28 am
Zidane wrote:
September 24, 2018, 8:58 am
In League 2...
Crewe 0 Port Vale 1
Exeter 3 Cheltenham 0
Forest Green 1 Crawley 0
Morecambe 2 Macclesfield 1 :(

Macc Town....rock bottom with 2 points from 9 games....they are in danger of becoming the Fort William of League 2 and could get a record low number of points !
This joke of a manager,Mark Yates,has to go......Jess Yates or Paula Yates would have known more about football than him !
Even a mediocre manager would be an improvement....Nick Daws,Brian Laws,Marco Silva ! :yikes:
Naughty, Naughty......He is 6 Games in Give Him a Fooking Chance......
Alan,read my initial post carefully....its 2 points from 9 games not 6,as you say =; ......that plus 3 Checkatrade Trophy and League Cup games that finished as draws and went to penalties,plus 6 pre-season friendlies of which only 1 was won and that was against Ashton United who are near the bottom of the Conference North.
So thats just 1 win in 18 matches under Mr Yates with no sign of improvement....time for him to go.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10190
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by 747man » September 26, 2018, 11:51 am

Zidane wrote:
September 26, 2018, 11:08 am
747man wrote:
September 24, 2018, 10:28 am
Zidane wrote:
September 24, 2018, 8:58 am
In League 2...
Crewe 0 Port Vale 1
Exeter 3 Cheltenham 0
Forest Green 1 Crawley 0
Morecambe 2 Macclesfield 1 :(

Macc Town....rock bottom with 2 points from 9 games....they are in danger of becoming the Fort William of League 2 and could get a record low number of points !
This joke of a manager,Mark Yates,has to go......Jess Yates or Paula Yates would have known more about football than him !
Even a mediocre manager would be an improvement....Nick Daws,Brian Laws,Marco Silva ! :yikes:
Naughty, Naughty......He is 6 Games in Give Him a Fooking Chance......
Alan,read my initial post carefully....its 2 points from 9 games not 6,as you say =; ......that plus 3 Checkatrade Trophy and League Cup games that finished as draws and went to penalties,plus 6 pre-season friendlies of which only 1 was won and that was against Ashton United who are near the bottom of the Conference North.
So thats just 1 win in 18 matches under Mr Yates with no sign of improvement....time for him to go.
I Was Referring to YOU'RE Post Of a Mediocre manager,You mentioned Marco Silva ?? My Quote was based on THAT.....

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10190
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by 747man » September 26, 2018, 11:52 am

So is it.....................Jose OUT Now ???

User avatar
Adhoc
udonmap.com
Posts: 389
Joined: February 21, 2009, 11:28 am

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Adhoc » September 29, 2018, 8:59 am

Another dominant performance from LUFC last night, but only a point to show for it. :(
Anyway, onwards to the next match.
Good luck to all our supported teams today. Especially Fort William, maybe today's the day. :shock:

MOT

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com
Posts: 458
Joined: August 28, 2011, 1:46 pm

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by thaiguzzi » September 30, 2018, 1:08 pm

4 wins on the spin in the league, 12 points in a row, 5 in all competitions, unbeaten in 7.
Norwich City FC up to 5th....

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 4255
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by tamada » September 30, 2018, 2:15 pm

Fort William 3 - 4 Lossiemouth
Annan Athletic 1 - 3 Peterhead
Walsall 0 - 1 Stanley

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 3554
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 5, 2018, 11:04 am

DM been up the jungle off the radar a few days ..but managed to get info that Scunny enjoyed a fantastic 5-3 win over the once great Charlton .. having just watched the highlight packed game its still seems scunny need to work on their defence .. gonna score a few sure but their defending was shambolic.

tomorrow its an away day at Luton town .. lets see how the ginger one gets the player up for this one !!!

Elsewhere ..
Leeds are at home to Brentford and im sure Khun Adhoc will be winning the bravery award by wearing one of his new Leeds shirts in public over the weekend ..great to see LUFC putting the shirts on special BOGOF ..there again looking at the away kit no buggar would ever buy one of em anyway .. LUFC Club shop spokesperson confirmed sales on the away kit have been very poor with some of the most ardent Leeds fans buying them to put in their outside toilets , coal sheds as curtains...staunch life long Leeds fan Reginald Mohamid Rammsbottom commented ..

EEEEEee i just had ta get wonna thee away shots ,, put it above manklepiece ....it keeps the grand kids Atwal and Mavis away from fire.

UP THE IRON .

DM

User avatar
Adhoc
udonmap.com
Posts: 389
Joined: February 21, 2009, 11:28 am

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Adhoc » October 5, 2018, 12:01 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 5, 2018, 11:04 am
Elsewhere ..
Leeds are at home to Brentford and im sure Khun Adhoc will be winning the bravery award by wearing one of his new Leeds shirts in public over the weekend ..
My new Leeds United shirts did indeed arrive from the UK this week .. here they are in all their glory!
Shirts.jpg
Shirts
With LUFC being at home to Brentford on Saturday in a 6:30pm (Thai) KO.
Another TV appearance for the peoples team. \:D/
3 points will do nicely. I will be wearing one of my new shirts in support of the mighty whites.

Elsewhere: The irons of monkeygland park are away at Luton, a town famous for its airport. Will the revival continue under the ginger one? If not they can just hop on a flight to the Costa Brava.

MOT

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11755
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by stattointhailand » October 5, 2018, 12:16 pm

Blimey those shirts look just like the ones I saw in Hua Hin market a few weeks back :-k

Cheeky bugger was trying to charge B200 each for 'em (THAT'S OVER FOUR QUID :yikes:) ....... needless to say he had no buyers [-X

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 3554
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Grass Roots Footie 2018/19

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 5, 2018, 1:40 pm

Adhoc wrote:
October 5, 2018, 12:01 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 5, 2018, 11:04 am
Elsewhere ..
Leeds are at home to Brentford and im sure Khun Adhoc will be winning the bravery award by wearing one of his new Leeds shirts in public over the weekend ..
My new Leeds United shirts did indeed arrive from the UK this week .. here they are in all their glory!Shirts.jpg

With LUFC being at home to Brentford on Saturday in a 6:30pm (Thai) KO.
Another TV appearance for the peoples team. \:D/
3 points will do nicely. I will be wearing one of my new shirts in support of the mighty whites.

Elsewhere: The irons of monkeygland park are away at Luton, a town famous for its airport. Will the revival continue under the ginger one? If not they can just hop on a flight to the Costa Brava.

MOT
As previously stated it takes a brave man to walk in public wearing a Leeds shirt ... and more so colour blind and zero dress sense if its the abomination that is the away shirt ... the designer of which needs to see a sykyartrist quickly

The futures bright ..the futures GINGER !!

Up the Iron .

Post Reply

Return to “World Sports”