General sports news and discussions.
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: World Cup 2022 (at the moment)

Post by Whistler » December 11, 2022, 10:54 am

I didn't know Scunthorpe was touring NSW

Yeoval
Village in Australia
Yeoval is a small village in the Central Western district of New South Wales, Australia. The town lies in Cabonne Shire. However, a small part lies over Buckinbah Creek in Wellington Shire which is referred to as North Yeoval. Yeoval is located between Dubbo and Orange

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 11, 2022, 11:15 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 11, 2022, 9:22 am
2-1 to tge Frogs as predicted by quite a few..

Its coming home .. the team that is.

Must just say its been great to have been involved in this rather unique part of history ... so many other nations werent so.fortunate or good enough to even quailfy .. ie Italy and Scotland.

The other big result if yesterday was Scunny drawing at Yeovil

Dm
Almost every one of your predictions has gone astray. No wonder Scunthorpe is doing so poorly. It would be better if you save your comments until after the game. Up the Iron!
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 11, 2022, 11:21 am

That is not correct LYW .. many of my predictions have been either spot on ir very close .. you need to go to reading practice with KP.

Back to the footy .. love to see either Morroco or Croatia win the cup .. tho i am.predicting France will life the trophy beati g the Argies in the final

Up the Iron

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 11, 2022, 11:22 am

Whistler wrote:
December 11, 2022, 10:54 am

Yeoval
Village in Australia
Yeoval is a small village in the Central Western district of New South Wales, Australia. The town lies in Cabonne Shire. However, a small part lies over Buckinbah Creek in Wellington Shire which is referred to as North Yeoval. Yeoval is located between Dubbo and Orange
As usual, you are incorrect. First, Yeoval is not Yeovil. Second, Scunthorpe is visiting Ontario, Canada. 'Yeovil in Ontario is located in Canada about 262 mi (or 421 km) west of Ottawa, the country's capital town. Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: -0°C / 32 °F
Morning Temperature -1°C / 30 °F
Evening Temperature -1°C / 29 °F
Night Temperature -2°C / 28 °F
Chance of rainfall 7%
Air Humidity 96%
Air Pressure 1020 hPa
Wind Speed Gentle Breeze with 6 km/h (4 mph) from West
Cloud Conditions Overcast clouds, covering 100% of sky
General Conditions Snow/
Last edited by Laan Yaa Mo on December 11, 2022, 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 11, 2022, 11:27 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 11, 2022, 11:21 am
That is not correct LYW .. many of my predictions have been either spot on ir very close .. you need to go to reading practice with KP.

Back to the footy .. love to see either Morroco or Croatia win the cup .. tho i am.predicting France will life the trophy beati g the Argies in the final

Up the Iron

DM
I was thinking of your Brazil-Belgium final, Spain and Portugal to win their last matches. Weren't you the one to predict British North America to win it all...or was that me?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 11, 2022, 11:36 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
December 11, 2022, 11:22 am
Whistler wrote:
December 11, 2022, 10:54 am

Yeoval
Village in Australia
As usual, you are incorrect. First, Yeoval is not Yeovil. Second, Scunthorpe is visiting Ontario, Canada. 'Yeovil in Ontario is located in Canada about 262 mi (or 421 km) west of Ottawa, the country's capital town. Todays Local Weather Conditions & Forecast: -0°C / 32 °F
Morning Temperature -1°C / 30 °F
Evening Temperature -1°C / 29 °F
Night Temperature -2°C / 28 °F
Chance of rainfall 7%
Air Humidity 96%
Air Pressure 1020 hPa
Wind Speed Gentle Breeze with 6 km/h (4 mph) from West
Cloud Conditions Overcast clouds, covering 100% of sky
General Conditions Snow/
Luv ya sense of humour
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » December 11, 2022, 12:03 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 11, 2022, 9:22 am
2-1 to tge Frogs as predicted by quite a few..

Its coming home .. the team that is.

Must just say its been great to have been involved in this rather unique part of history ... so many other nations werent so.fortunate or good enough to even quailfy .. ie Italy and Scotland.

The other big result if yesterday was Scunny drawing at Yeovil

Dm
I predicted 2 - 2 after 90 minutes and England 6 - 4 after extra time. May have happened if Kane had been able :shock:
Watch Me!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 11, 2022, 4:36 pm

England should definitely win the World Cup we have the best strikers in the world
Poststaff, Railstaff, NHS staff……………
I’ll get my coat...............hahaha

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 11, 2022, 4:53 pm

marjamlew wrote:
December 11, 2022, 12:03 pm

I predicted 2 - 2 after 90 minutes and England 6 - 4 after extra time. May have happened if Kane had been able :shock:
Genesis 4.8 [-o<

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 11, 2022, 10:10 pm

Watch this vid and respond with any real.argument againsnt this guy n his reasining Gareth Southgate should leave the England managers job..

https://youtu.be/0KtuKHfFbEo

Big nations who have just lost in the WC .. managers chose the out route ..Spain Belg Brazil ..yet Southgate will.hang around like a stale fart for years to come on the back of a few half decent tournament showings .

Southgate n his negative mindset are behind the level.of the players he has at his disposal ..England need a more progreesive younger manager and being media and EFL friendly should not kerp.Southgate his job ..

Go now please Gareth

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 11, 2022, 10:41 pm

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 12, 2022, 6:04 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 11, 2022, 10:10 pm
Watch this vid and respond with any real.argument againsnt this guy n his reasining Gareth Southgate should leave the England managers job..

Big nations who have just lost in the WC .. managers chose the out route ..Spain Belg Brazil ..yet Southgate will.hang around like a stale fart for years to come on the back of a few half decent tournament showings .

Southgate n his negative mindset are behind the level.of the players he has at his disposal ..England need a more progreesive younger manager and being media and EFL friendly should not kerp.Southgate his job ..

Go now please Gareth
The various managers that quit either failed in the Group stages or the round of 16. England got to the quarter finals and lost to a team with an actual, credible World Cup history. You may as well blame EasyJet for being paid to wait on the tarmac.

The players are still 100% behind Southgate who is now the most successful English -born manager of England since Sir Alf.

Those gurning for Gareth to go still have lingering memories of the summer of '66 and the distorted illusion of greatness that singular success bestows. When you relax and accept that England are nothing more than the Chesney Hawkes of international football, you'll find it easier to accept that it's never "coming home" ever again.

Personally, I would like to shake the hand of Captain Harry Kane who's magnificently ballooning penalty kick served to remind us all why England are rightfully in the perpetual also-ran box.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » December 12, 2022, 6:45 am

Meanwhile, there are now four teams left in the tournament.
So let's forget about England and concentrate on the feast of foreign football.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 12, 2022, 8:29 am

Well picked, caducus.

The Poms are home decorating their Xmas trees, as predicted by those of us who know a bit about soccer (but don't really care).

Now, let's look forward to the semis, and the final. It would be good to see a Mor - Cro final, but I suspect it will be the other 2 fighting it out on December 18.

Vive les Bleus!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 12, 2022, 10:53 am

as predicted by those of us who know a bit about soccer......It's Bloody FOOTBALL,How Many Times do I Have to TELL You,Jack ??

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » December 12, 2022, 12:46 pm

A bit like England I've also booked my flight home, well to Udon anyway.

Need a venue to watch the final as the wife has managed to break the TV. Any suggestions on a venue? UD Town maybe?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 12, 2022, 1:06 pm

747man wrote:
December 12, 2022, 10:53 am
as predicted by those of us who know a bit about soccer......It's Bloody FOOTBALL,How Many Times do I Have to TELL You,Jack ??
I'm sorry, Alan - but you can tell me until the cows come home.

As you are a self-confessed Everton tragic, your credibility on all things soccer is non-existent. [-(

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » December 12, 2022, 2:46 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 11, 2022, 10:10 pm

Go now please Gareth
Bit harsh blaming the manager when the captain choked. Southgate could well be a European and World champion manager if not for his penalty takers folding when bit of pressure is about.
Watch Me!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 12, 2022, 4:45 pm

Losers have to apportion blame, so losing side did nothing right and can only be remembered for mistakes.

Winning side the other way around. One wonders why credit is not simply given to the winners and recognise everybody tried.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 12, 2022, 6:39 pm

deankham wrote:
December 12, 2022, 12:46 pm
A bit like England I've also booked my flight home, well to Udon anyway.

Need a venue to watch the final as the wife has managed to break the TV. Any suggestions on a venue? UD Town maybe?
With all that money saved by England's failure and you can't afford a new telly?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “World Sports”