World Cup 2022 (at the moment)

General sports news and discussions.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: World Cup 2022 (at the moment)

Post by stattointhailand » November 29, 2022, 7:55 pm

Rumour Southgate may go with a back 3 tonight.

If he does (against bl**dy Welsh Wales) someone with a medical background needs to get out there and get the guy "Sectioned" and give him his own padded cell before he does any more damage

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 30, 2022, 2:58 am

Y do i bother .. stayed up.to watch Wales v England n its another totally crap game .. Wales have to win yet havent mustered an atemptp on goal ..ehilst the 3 lions have dominated possesion at 76% they also have been diabolical.again .. Southgate needs to change things Kane off Grealish on
Id rather cresote the fence than watch this sh8te ..its like pullin teef.
One first half highlight to show in the break.. thank.the lord Wales are so.so bad .. worse than the Jocks n thats bad.

Usa 1 iran 0.at HT

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 30, 2022, 4:00 am

Still so insecure.

Senegal next then.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 30, 2022, 4:42 am

I predicted 0-0, I'm placing myself on football pundit remedial training.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » November 30, 2022, 5:20 am

deankham wrote:
November 29, 2022, 4:36 pm
Who you supporting tonight tamada? Wales or England?

My prediction England 3 - 0 Wales
The fat lad called it.

Cracking second half. Had seats side on to the goal. It was like they waited for the second half to give me a good view!

Someone gave me a ticket for Oz v Denmark tomorrow then its England v Senegal on Sunday. I've not got anymore tickers after that....yet!
Attachments
Screenshot_20221130-011938_WhatsApp.jpg
Last edited by deankham on November 30, 2022, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 30, 2022, 5:28 am

England - Senegal.

I'll book you a place on football pundit remedial training.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 30, 2022, 6:34 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 30, 2022, 2:58 am
Y do i bother .. stayed up.to watch Wales v England n its another totally crap game .. Wales have to win yet havent mustered an atemptp on goal ..ehilst the 3 lions have dominated possesion at 76% they also have been diabolical.again .. Southgate needs to change things Kane off Grealish on
Id rather cresote the fence than watch this sh8te ..its like pullin teef.
One first half highlight to show in the break.. thank.the lord Wales are so.so bad .. worse than the Jocks n thats bad.

Usa 1 iran 0.at HT

Dm
Grealish? You serious? After ManC paid 14.3 million quid for each of his goals?

Oh wait...that's right. You reckon Trump's a winner too.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 30, 2022, 8:42 am

deankham wrote:
November 30, 2022, 5:20 am
deankham wrote:
November 29, 2022, 4:36 pm
Who you supporting tonight tamada? Wales or England?

My prediction England 3 - 0 Wales
The fat lad called it.

Cracking second half. Had seats side on to the goal. It was like they waited for the second half to give me a good view!

Someone gave me a ticket for Oz v Denmark tomorrow then its England v Cameroon on Sunday. I've not got anymore tickers after that....yet!
Well done calling it spot on dean.. hope you enjoyed it ..personally without the live crowd n watching on tv the game was uninspiring ..terrible frst half soso second ..

I wont have any real.enthusiam for England football until Siuthgate departs .

May sqeak past Senegal but after that it will be time to pack.the bags n come home. .. top sides like France Brazil Spain n Portugal will shread us.

Btw .. hope you werentvwearing the mackems shirt as i heard they banned fancy dress

Hey Tam MEGA ..lets Make Englander Great Again

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » November 30, 2022, 11:28 am

Earnest wrote:
November 30, 2022, 5:28 am
England - Senegal.

I'll book you a place on football pundit remedial training.
Oh yes, I made a boo boo. I've edited my post and if it wasn't for you I'd have gotten away with it...

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 30, 2022, 2:25 pm

You can sit next to me on remedials this morning.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » December 1, 2022, 6:18 am

stattointhailand wrote:
June 15, 2022, 10:07 am
Beggers belief some of the teams that "qualify" for the World cup??

How the hell do Costa Rica. Australia , America, Iran get to play in the Finals when Italy, Hungary, Czech Rep, Chile etc are eliminated. There has to be a better way to ensure the "World Cup" has the BEST possible teams in the finals. Perhaps a World Shield competition for Africa/Asia/Concacaf teams with the winner allocated a slot in the World Cup
How this one looking Statts? Aussies and yanks in the elite 16 even though soccer is very much a fringe football code in both countries. Maybe FIFA does get some things right :lol:
Watch Me!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 1, 2022, 9:02 am

marjamlew wrote:
December 1, 2022, 6:18 am
stattointhailand wrote:
June 15, 2022, 10:07 am
Beggers belief some of the teams that "qualify" for the World cup??

How the hell do Costa Rica. Australia , America, Iran get to play in the Finals when Italy, Hungary, Czech Rep, Chile etc are eliminated. There has to be a better way to ensure the "World Cup" has the BEST possible teams in the finals. Perhaps a World Shield competition for Africa/Asia/Concacaf teams with the winner allocated a slot in the World Cup
How this one looking Statts? Aussies and yanks in the elite 16 even though soccer is very much a fringe football code in both countries. Maybe FIFA does get some things right :lol:
Because Italy, Hungary, Czech Republic and Chile were rubbish in the qualification rounds? It's the same "we were great once" sense of entitlement that fuels the slavish adulation for the English one-hit-wonders. It's going hurt when Senegal knocks them out.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 1, 2022, 10:05 am

It started out the World Cup but FIFA had no non Europeans as members. If the aim was to promote football as the world game, FIFA got this right. The only way it will grow is for emerging prospects competing at the elite level.

It's working.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » December 1, 2022, 10:39 am

Someone years ago said that if the USA gets behind this game of footy (soccer) in a big way, it will dominate the game for years to come.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 1, 2022, 1:23 pm

Sport wrote:
December 1, 2022, 10:39 am
Someone years ago said that if the USA gets behind this game of footy (soccer) in a big way, it will dominate the game for years to come.
Those were America's MLS marketing spin doctors talking. It will take more than an expanded World Cup to entice Americans away from the NFL, MLB and NBA and invest majorly in soccer. Despite strikes, lockouts and the owners treating players and fans like rubbish, there's still a rabid following of the major leagues.

Same same NASCAR versus F1, just more tribal.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 1, 2022, 2:01 pm

Open letter to the Guitar man running the footie in the desert comp

Love the music

Dear Sir

Whilst the Western media have been getting their undies in a knot with reference your stance on LadyBoys Girlies Trannies and Queer as folk representation, We at least appreciate that you have a significant camel population that would be seriously upset if sex was legally allowed amongst the aforementioned groups.
We are prepared on this one occasion to turn a blind eye to your treatment of migrant workers, but only on the promise that in future you will not be caught paying migrant workers sums in excess of what their own govt pays for them to do the same dangerous work at home.
As for the very serious crime of providing footie without beer, we do have to concur with you that this was in fact entirely FIFA's fault. They should have been aware of the football world poll amongst supporters where 72% of responders to the question If it was Bud or nothing what would you choose? suggested Bud was not their first choice.
We do feel that it is our duty to inform you however that the World Cup has STANDARDS that should be followed.
This is the 22nd World Cup and saw about 250 countries begin the journey to where we are now. However it has to be pointed out that as we close in on the last 16, certain countries seem to have arrived there by beating a load of dross in their earlier competitions. The fact that you have allowed USMNFTUJMGHNBreaccuring and the bl**dy footyroos to get this far has not gone unnoticed !! As stated before there are STANDARDS that should be adhered to when hosting these competitions. If we let the STANDARDS drop any more we will be forced to allow the Jocks back into the finals, and lets face it nobody wants that. Just Imagine an updated re release of Ali's army, or worse still another open top bus parade round Glasgow to celebrate getting to the finals like in 1958?

Slightly concerned correspondent

Royal Tunbridge Wells

Garden of England

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » December 1, 2022, 3:05 pm

tamada wrote:
December 1, 2022, 1:23 pm
Sport wrote:
Those were America's MLS marketing spin doctors talking. It will take more than an expanded World Cup to entice Americans away from the NFL, MLB and NBA and invest majorly in soccer. Despite strikes, lockouts and the owners treating players and fans like rubbish, there's still a rabid following of the major leagues.

They have however gotten behind Women's football, er soccer, and USA are ranked #1 in the World.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 1, 2022, 5:40 pm

deankham wrote:
December 1, 2022, 3:05 pm
tamada wrote:
December 1, 2022, 1:23 pm
Sport wrote:

They have however gotten behind Women's football, er soccer, and USA are ranked #1 in the World.
I thought Canada are the defending women's world champions of soccer.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 2, 2022, 6:12 am

And, the British Empire only has three teams left: England, Australia and I hope, Ghana.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » December 2, 2022, 2:38 pm

Earnest wrote:
December 2, 2022, 5:57 am
Well, I'll be jiggered, the Germans go home and the ruddy Japs are top of their table.
Don't metion the war Earnie.
Watch Me!!

Return to “World Sports”