Post by stattointhailand » May 30, 2021, 6:19 pm

Just noticed Skybet are offering Ev that Brentford are relegated :-k
You can also get 8/1 on Leeds suffering second season syndrome and going down

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... d-20706467

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2021/22

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 1, 2021, 9:50 pm

Big compo coming to Everton as Ancelloti walks out to go re join Real Madrid .as manager ..

747 ..n Goodison any thoughts ??

https://youtu.be/T1lzJVU8Kos

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 1, 2021, 10:10 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 1, 2021, 9:50 pm
Big compo coming to Everton as Ancelloti walks out to go re join Real Madrid .as manager ..

Dm
Big Sam (again)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 1, 2021, 10:35 pm

At least he will have Rodreguez James to talk to in the Madrid injury facility ...... and Gareth Bale ..... and Eden Hazard

Just a thought, given so many pundits (rather than experts) rate him so highly, why doesnt Brucie Cabbage Face ever get talked about for these jobs?

Seems like an ideal landing place for Rafa, second thoughts, he'd be expected to live at home WITH his family

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 2, 2021, 12:35 am

Seems I;m not the only one linking (manager of the month) cabbage face to the toffees job

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... dium=email

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » June 2, 2021, 5:06 am

Lets face it,Ancelotti and Everton was basically the footy version of Amanda Holden and Les Dennis.
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: English EURO SQUAD

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 2, 2021, 8:53 am

Mr Southgate has released his 26 man squad for Euro 2020 ... from 56 to 32 down now to the 26 that will be going.. a really strange squad set up with 10 defenders including 4 right backs ?? ... Lingard missed out which was a shock as hes only taking 4 or 5 midfielders one of whom is an injured Henderson. ..in attack sadly Villas Watkins is left behind...

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Man Utd), Sam Johnstone (West Brom), Jordan Pickford (Everton)

Defenders: John Stones (Man City), Luke Shaw (Man Utd), Harry Maguire (Man Utd), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Kyle Walker (Man City), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Reece James (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolves), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid)

Midfielders: Mason Mount (Chelsea), Declan Rice (West Ham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds)

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd), Raheem Sterling (Man City), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Man City), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal)

For the most part a young squad ..i will admit not to knowing too much about many of the players chosen .. 4 i would not have taken in RED .. Lingard Watkins Pope and Scunthorpes Gillead :shock: :D to replace them.

DM

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 2, 2021, 9:11 am

I agree with you not to take Henderson and Maguire as they are injured.
This should apply to Pope, too, as he has just undergone knee surgery which is why he is not in the squad.
Yes, Watkins should have gone and we are very light in midfield unless one of the four right backs can be utilized as a wing back.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 2, 2021, 9:26 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm
How about another, excellent Scots-born footie talent, their one-time caretaker and current assistant manager Duncan Disorderly?

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 2, 2021, 10:02 am

They could do a lot worse than Big Dunc, at least he would get them playing with a bit of passion and oust the shirkers.
Ancellotti won't be missed too much. Another overrated continental manager who had his day years ago.
What did he actually achieve? Everton spent shed loads of money for what?
Everton under Ancellotti....
2020/21....10th
2019/20.....12th

Of the previous two managers, Sam Allardyce got them to 8th and was sacked. He was followed by
Marco Silva who also got them to 8th but was then sacked in the 2019/20 season after some poor results with Ancellotti taking over.

And now Ancellotti takes over at Real Madrid. They might as well have gone for Steve Bruce instead ! :D
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: English Euro squad and PL

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 2, 2021, 10:04 am

tamada wrote:
June 2, 2021, 9:26 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm
How about another, excellent Scots-born footie talent, their one-time caretaker and current assistant manager Duncan Disorderly?
Doubtful Tam..tho the piss head Ferguson could be in with a shout as theres little else out there at the moment unless its ..Big Sam or Woy ""im retiring"" Hodgson ... players like James , Hames , Rodriguez whatever name hes using today will want away as only came to link up with Ancelotti.

Zid correct about Pope i didnt realize his injury was as serious as it was.. i just dont like Pickford ..arrogant and not in great form for months.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 2, 2021, 1:45 pm

Would have taken Bamford ahead of DCL (Watkins shouldn't even get mentioned here)
Why oh Why TAA? can't defend which means useless against most opposition (might as well send him home after his ONE start on 18 June) spent all last season overhitting crosses (leaving Jim Beglin to enthuse over how he picked Robinson out 8-[ ) Would you trust TAA defending against Robertson in the Scotland game?
Chillwell ??? are you kiddin me ..... again ok going forward but suspect at defending. Shaw will start so why not pick another midfielder that can change a game and cover the bench position from the rest of the squad.
Hendo ?? give it a rest, it will be 5 or 6 games before he is anything like match fit
Prickford?? really??? it will be hundreds of games before he is anywhere near fit to wear the jersey
Maguire?? undecided as it depends on his injury. He doesn't tend to do much when there apart from get in the way of the opposition (and sometimes his own teamates) so wont take him long to get back to "His" Best

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 2, 2021, 2:21 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 2, 2021, 1:45 pm
Would have taken Bamford ahead of DCL (Watkins shouldn't even get mentioned here)
Why oh Why TAA? can't defend which means useless against most opposition (might as well send him home after his ONE start on 18 June) spent all last season overhitting crosses (leaving Jim Beglin to enthuse over how he picked Robinson out 8-[ ) Would you trust TAA defending against Robertson in the Scotland game?
Chillwell ??? are you kiddin me ..... again ok going forward but suspect at defending. Shaw will start so why not pick another midfielder that can change a game and cover the bench position from the rest of the squad.
Hendo ?? give it a rest, it will be 5 or 6 games before he is anything like match fit
Prickford?? really??? it will be hundreds of games before he is anywhere near fit to wear the jersey
Maguire?? undecided as it depends on his injury. He doesn't tend to do much when there apart from get in the way of the opposition (and sometimes his own teamates) so wont take him long to get back to "His" Best
Agree some very strange choices by Southgate .. and if this squad goes on to win the tournament i will show my arse in Woollies winda

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 2, 2021, 2:47 pm

In view of the last statement ............."Tartan Army ......... Tartan Army" ...... n ........"come on you squares"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 2, 2021, 9:38 pm

After mentioning on talksport that he had indeed "lifted the Euro Trophy" whilst it was on its scottish tour yesterday, Stuart "Juan f'call" McCall was immediately installed as favorite for the Everton Managers job. Farhad Moshiri wants someone who has "been there and done it" and McCall certainly fits that narrative.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 3, 2021, 7:52 am

stattointhailand wrote:
June 2, 2021, 9:38 pm
After mentioning on talksport that he had indeed "lifted the Euro Trophy" whilst it was on its scottish tour yesterday, Stuart "Juan f'call" McCall was immediately installed as favorite for the Everton Managers job. Farhad Moshiri wants someone who has "been there and done it" and McCall certainly fits that narrative.
I just had a big keech afore ma breakfast. Dis that mean I qualify for the joab as weel?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 3, 2021, 8:09 am

tamada wrote:
June 3, 2021, 7:52 am
stattointhailand wrote:
June 2, 2021, 9:38 pm
I just had a big keech afore ma breakfast. Dis that mean I qualify for the joab as weel?
At the moment there seems to be several "favourites" for the Everton managers job .. Conte , Eddie Howe , Santos ex Wolves ..even Woy mat y be tempted out of his non retirement plan... bit of a poison chalice if you ask me.

Ayup Tam .. good to see even tho yer away on a secret black ops rescue mission you find time to post on UM whilst waiting for the helicopter drop behind enemy lines .... air lifting Dominic Cummings out of London and to a safe country was always gonna be a job for the highly trained experienced CIA SAS OR SBS guys from Soi Samphan .

This post will self destruct in 5 4 3 2 1 ....

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 8, 2021, 6:23 pm

Nuno expected to be unveiled later today

By Palace

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 8, 2021, 7:40 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 8, 2021, 6:23 pm
Nuno expected to be unveiled later today

By Palace
He's up for a challenge there then. Just reading that their squad had the oldest average age of the EPL teams last season and the bulk of them are out of contract. Who's the oligarch that owns Palace? Is he up for spending some serious dosh? Or maybe it's the slow team build with all the imponderables that comes with that. Anyhoo, it will be nice to see Portugal's second national team moving down from the midlands.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 9, 2021, 3:25 pm

Transfer window is now open ...........

all those done already must have used the transfer door

Return to “World Sports”