English Premier League 2021/22

General sports news and discussions.
GT93
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2021/22

Post by GT93 » October 12, 2021, 12:01 am

Jason Stockwell asks in The Guardian:
It’s been difficult to absorb on a couple of levels. First, Saudi Arabia is an absolute monarchy ruled under sharia law: how can the notion of independence of ownership make any rational sense for a consortium bound by the customs and practices of that country? Then there are issues such as the attitude towards the rights of women in their own country, the violations in Yemen or the killing of the journalist Jamal Khashoggi. If I was a fan I’d be keen to understand the manner of the “legally binding assurances” that there will be no interference from the ruling elite of the country they are from. Moreover, the deal raises serious questions about the Premier League’s own bar for moral and financial suitability, the owners’ and directors’ test. Can they really be satisfied that the consortium will act independently of the Saudi state?
I can't. Newcastle is going to be used to whitewash the Saudi state and even Bone Saw himself. :cry:

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 12, 2021, 1:05 am

747man wrote:
October 9, 2021, 10:56 pm
Must've Gone right OVER Yer head that one Steve....Never Mind ' Eh ??
Yes, I suppose you're right, I never was the sharpest pencil in the case, Alan.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 12, 2021, 7:36 pm

Earnest wrote:
October 12, 2021, 1:05 am
747man wrote:
Or Even the Brightest Bulb in the House M8 !!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 13, 2021, 9:09 pm

Week 8 fixtures:-
wk8.png

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 13, 2021, 10:21 pm

Early thoughts
Watford v Liverpool.
'pool probably without Firmino (travel) Jota (not expected to be fit to start), and unknown if either Thiago or TAA will be back. Watford without K ing but will no doubt have been "tinkered" with all week to prepare for a new manager bounce.

Villa v Wolves
Local derbies are always hard to call, villa at full strength as Leon Bailey expected to be fit after getting a rest during the break. Wolves did not look good v Newcastle and Trincao now has covid. Already without Otto & Neto.

Leicester v Man Utd
Leicester still missing Wilf Ndidi, Wesley Fofana and James Justin, and with Johnny Evans a serious doubt look in seroius danger of being exploited by any of Utds mega star forwards, whereas Utd without Maguire & Varane could be easy pickings for Vardy & co. Might see Marcus Rashford back at some time. Should be a few goals

Man City v Burnley
Almost certainly 5 - 0 (it always is)

Norwich v Brighton
Zimmermann and Todd Cantwell could both return in time for this one. Pukki getting his eye in for Finland but unfortunately I doubt the Brighton rear guard will be as porous as the Kazaks. Brighton alledgedly have Yves Bissouma occupying the "naughty step" and Danny Welbeck still ruled out .... If this were Ice hockey playoffs, we could still be here at xmas waiting for someone to score.

Southampton v Leeds

With James Ward Prowse suspended and Che Adams out there is nobody that can provide any ammo for Adam Armstrong to take advantage of the Leeds back line going on Walkabout (as they often seem too do).
Leeds without Raphinha (travel) and Bamford/Koch/Phillips/Ayling unlikely to feature should still have enough to get something from this.

Brentford v Chelsea

Touch & go for both Ajer & Vanelt which could leave them a bit light when trying to keep control of the Chelsea forwards. Thiago Silva (travel) will miss out and Rom Lukaku, Tony Rudiger and Reece James will be assessed.

Everton v West Ham

DCL, Richarlison, Coleman, Gomes, Iwobe & Digne all likelky to join Fabian Delph in the stands. WEst Ham could be at full strength after Antonio was "excused" joining up with Jamaica and Coufal was allowed by Czechs to rest his groin injury during the Intrrnational break.

Newcastle v Spurs

Unsurprisingly many of those "injured" mags have made miraculous recoveries in the last few days ( :evil: ), however if Cabbage face is still in the dugout, expect to see most still played out of position. Spurs dont appear to have any major injury worries (only squad players/subs) although having watched Harry Kane play(?) for England last night I suspect he's carrying an undisclosed injurY (either physical or mental)

Arsenal v Palace

Arsenal at full strength (Granit Xhaka being injured must be seen as a bonus by most as theres far more chance of finishing with all XI on the field) Palace have only long term injuries to Eze & Ferguson with all others expected to be available for selection

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 14, 2021, 3:29 am

747man wrote:
October 12, 2021, 7:36 pm
Earnest wrote:
747man wrote:
Ho, ho, yes, dim as a Toc H lamp! :mrgreen:

Stand by, Statto, it looks like we have another Leeds draw? What about Everton, an away win for West Ham?

For my attempt at football punditry, I predict a Leicester win, readers.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 14, 2021, 4:40 am

Earnest wrote:
October 14, 2021, 3:29 am
747man wrote:
October 12, 2021, 7:36 pm
Earnest wrote:
747man wrote:
Ho, ho, yes, dim as a Toc H lamp! :mrgreen:

Stand by, Statto, it looks like we have another Leeds draw? What about Everton, an away win for West Ham?

For my attempt at football punditry, I predict a Leicester win, readers.
A betting man might see an opportunity to make a killing by putting a few toonies on Norwich.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 14, 2021, 5:27 am

Toonies, Uncle T?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 14, 2021, 7:11 am

stattointhailand wrote:
October 13, 2021, 10:21 pm
Early thoughts
Watford v Liverpool. 1-1
'pool probably without Firmino (travel) Jota (not expected to be fit to start), and unknown if either Thiago or TAA will be back. Watford without K ing but will no doubt have been "tinkered" with all week to prepare for a new manager bounce.

Villa v Wolves 1-2
Local derbies are always hard to call, villa at full strength as Leon Bailey expected to be fit after getting a rest during the break. Wolves did not look good v Newcastle and Trincao now has covid. Already without Otto & Neto.

Leicester v Man Utd 1-3
Leicester still missing Wilf Ndidi, Wesley Fofana and James Justin, and with Johnny Evans a serious doubt look in seroius danger of being exploited by any of Utds mega star forwards, whereas Utd without Maguire & Varane could be easy pickings for Vardy & co. Might see Marcus Rashford back at some time. Should be a few goals

Man City v Burnley 4-0
Almost certainly 5 - 0 (it always is)

Norwich v Brighton 2-2
Zimmermann and Todd Cantwell could both return in time for this one. Pukki getting his eye in for Finland but unfortunately I doubt the Brighton rear guard will be as porous as the Kazaks. Brighton alledgedly have Yves Bissouma occupying the "naughty step" and Danny Welbeck still ruled out .... If this were Ice hockey playoffs, we could still be here at xmas waiting for someone to score.

Southampton v Leeds 1-0

With James Ward Prowse suspended and Che Adams out there is nobody that can provide any ammo for Adam Armstrong to take advantage of the Leeds back line going on Walkabout (as they often seem too do).
Leeds without Raphinha (travel) and Bamford/Koch/Phillips/Ayling unlikely to feature should still have enough to get something from this.

Brentford v Chelsea 1-3

Touch & go for both Ajer & Vanelt which could leave them a bit light when trying to keep control of the Chelsea forwards. Thiago Silva (travel) will miss out and Rom Lukaku, Tony Rudiger and Reece James will be assessed.

Everton v West Ham 3 -3

DCL, Richarlison, Coleman, Gomes, Iwobe & Digne all likelky to join Fabian Delph in the stands. WEst Ham could be at full strength after Antonio was "excused" joining up with Jamaica and Coufal was allowed by Czechs to rest his groin injury during the Intrrnational break.

Newcastle v Spurs 2-0

Unsurprisingly many of those "injured" mags have made miraculous recoveries in the last few days ( :evil: ), however if Cabbage face is still in the dugout, expect to see most still played out of position. Spurs dont appear to have any major injury worries (only squad players/subs) although having watched Harry Kane play(?) for England last night I suspect he's carrying an undisclosed injurY (either physical or mental)

Arsenal v Palace 2-1

Arsenal at full strength (Granit Xhaka being injured must be seen as a bonus by most as theres far more chance of finishing with all XI on the field) Palace have only long term injuries to Eze & Ferguson with all others expected to be available for selection
Tagged your post with my predictions in red Statto
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » October 14, 2021, 8:25 am

Good chance Alisson and Fabinho not available for liverpool(Travel) Brazil play Uruguay friday morning you might want to change you prediction John :D
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 14, 2021, 8:33 am

Earnest wrote:
October 14, 2021, 5:27 am
Toonies, Uncle T?
Yes, Khun Westerby, toonies,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toonie
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 14, 2021, 9:43 am

DM thinks Everton will get 3 goals on the soccer field this weekend. Have you misplaced your glasses LYM?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 14, 2021, 9:45 am

Hmmmmm ONLY TOONIES ALLOWED ON THIS THREAD ARE NEWCASTLE SUPPORTERS [-X

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 14, 2021, 10:31 am

Should we now regard the Newcastle club as an Arab club? The big Saudi money can't be far away and there are perhaps millions of new Saudi supporters. I'm rather surprised at this development as I thought folks up north were Little England fans with little time for Johnnie Foreigners. Asking for a friend.

I see DM thinks Newcastle is going to deliver for its new fans this weekend.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 14, 2021, 10:54 am

very friendly lot the Geordies .......... welcoming to those from East/West or South (its just them from the North they build walls to stop :lol: )

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 14, 2021, 8:37 pm

GT93 wrote:
October 14, 2021, 10:31 am
Should we now regard the Newcastle club as an Arab club? The big Saudi money can't be far away and there are perhaps millions of new Saudi supporters. I'm rather surprised at this development as I thought folks up north were Little England fans with little time for Johnnie Foreigners. Asking for a friend.

IMG-20211013-WA0002.jpg
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 14, 2021, 9:07 pm

tamada wrote:
October 14, 2021, 8:37 pm
GT93 wrote:
October 14, 2021, 10:31 am

IMG-20211013-WA0002.jpg
Mr Tam. Why have you NICKED My photo of MBS I Posted on the Previous Page of this thread to Statto ??

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 15, 2021, 1:54 am

Rumours that Bruce has been told to collrct his 8 million quid "severence" money from the embassy next week

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 15, 2021, 2:06 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 14, 2021, 7:11 am
Tagged your post with my predictions in red Statto
Leeds to lose and Everton to draw? :-k

I need the Toffees to lose, really.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 15, 2021, 2:14 am

Prediction 2morow will include Leeds draw & WHU to win

Return to “World Sports”