EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

General sports news and discussions.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by stattointhailand » June 17, 2021, 7:18 pm

kopkei wrote:
June 17, 2021, 3:47 pm
pff , i haven't seen any exciting game yet worthy of a european champion , the belgians whom are favorite are playing their lame game as usual sleepwalking football all over a more sleeping russia getting 2 goals as a gift and a nice one from lukaku ,they have all the superstars in their engine but they forget to ad a gearbox for some speed in their game , to me until now best of the worst , italy, portugal ...,i hope the games get better so i not fall a sleep so much ... ;)
Perhaps there would be a bit more passion if they started the right way ........
instead of "God s a ve our gr aaassshhios queen, loo o o n g l i i i ve ouuur :sleepy: :sleepy: ](*,)

play pomp & circumstance No 1 and get everybody buzzin .......

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 17, 2021, 7:40 pm

Best 2 games of the tournament so far have been Holland v Ukriane and Wales V Turkey rest pretty sterile and negative .. that should hopefully change early hours of Saturday morning when England give the Jocks a jolly good thrashing.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 17, 2021, 9:12 pm

Why is it always the "dross" game on at 8pm and the good ones at 2am?
North B****** Macedonia/Austria/Scotland/Finland

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 18, 2021, 9:00 am

mak wrote:
June 17, 2021, 1:50 pm
The company saw a staggering $5.2 billion wiped off its market value in the hours after Ronaldo's press conference.
Good . The stuffs poison and should not be peddled to kids . Ronaldo has the bollocks to practice what he preaches and should be admired for it . =D> =D>

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 18, 2021, 10:07 am

Some of the dross games have been the better entertainment Statts ..

DM is limbering up for all 3 fixtures today 8pm - 11pm and then the biggie at 2am which should culminate with the Jocks joining the Danes and Turks watching the big teams on the telly.

yesterday
Ukraine 2 NMdonia 1 .. missed pens and a goal from Leeds Alioski
Danes 1 Belg 2 ..nice tribute to Christain Erikson in the 10th minute of the game..
Holland 2 Austria not to be confused with Australia 0 .. are the Dutch sneaking into the frame ??

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 18, 2021, 1:55 pm

Fillin' ma heid wi' senseless Scottish pipe-dreaming on the radio th' noo.

Discussions included the differences between winning and losing as seen from fans on either side. I suggest the difference between the two fan bases as follows:

To a Scottish fan, when the Scots beat England at Wembley, it's like f*cking your ex-girlfriend in her new boyfriends house. Again.

To an English fan, when beaten by the Scots at Wembley, it's like losing your virginity to (another) euphoric drunk who's already on a train headed home before you woke up. Again.

Meanwhile, some more serious debate among the fans and pundits about which Scottish players would be in the England team if they were eligible. Pretty much agreed by all pundits that only Tierney would fit the bill and everyone else doesn't come close. I have to agree with that. However, I reckon if England didn't already have a pretty solid mid-field, Dave Marshall would get a look-in there, no?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 18, 2021, 2:38 pm

tamada wrote:
June 18, 2021, 1:55 pm
Fillin' ma heid wi' senseless Scottish pipe-dreaming on the radio th' noo.

Discussions included the differences between winning and losing as seen from fans on either side. I suggest the difference between the two fan bases as follows:

To a Scottish fan, when the Scots beat England at Wembley, it's like f*cking your ex-girlfriend in her new boyfriends house. Again.

To an English fan, when beaten by the Scots at Wembley, it's like losing your virginity to (another) euphoric drunk who's already on a train headed home before you woke up. Again.

Meanwhile, some more serious debate among the fans and pundits about which Scottish players would be in the England team if they were eligible. Pretty much agreed by all pundits that only Tierney would fit the bill and everyone else doesn't come close. I have to agree with that. However, I reckon if England didn't already have a pretty solid mid-field, Dave Marshall would get a look-in there, no?
Wandering Wee Willy Mc Marsall already tried his hand in midfield against the Cechs .. did work oot too well if i recall correctly.

IMO your havin a laff thinking Tierney would get in the England side in front of all the current plethora of superstars there in ... there highlights the problem .... England have a humungus pile of individual talent yet gelling it into playing as a team seems to be the problem .... i cant see the Wee jammys beating the fearless 3 Lions but a draw against the Jocks would not surprise me in the slightest as England might turn in a toothless display and get caught out.

DM

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 18, 2021, 3:17 pm

Tierney nowhere near good enough for England. In fact, we're so strong in that position, we have to play a right sided player (Trippier) there to give the other teams a chance.

On Tams comment about England/Scotland. To be honest I dont lose any sleep over losing to Scotland apart from hearing all the triumphalism from the insecure sweaties. Germany and Argentina are more realistic rivals.

The English actually want the Scots to win if they're not playing England. It's a nurturing thing - like watching your ugly younger brother trying to hit on Kylie Minogue. You want him to succeed but know hes punching above his weight and is in for a disappointment

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 18, 2021, 3:24 pm

samster wrote:
June 18, 2021, 3:17 pm
Tierney nowhere near good enough for England. In fact, we're so strong in that position, we have to play a right sided player (Trippier) there to give the other teams a chance.

On Tams comment about England/Scotland. To be honest I dont lose any sleep over losing to Scotland apart from hearing all the triumphalism from the insecure sweaties. Germany and Argentina are more realistic rivals.

The English actually want the Scots to win if they're not playing England. It's a nurturing thing - like watching your ugly younger brother trying to hit on Kylie Minogue. You want him to succeed but know hes punching above his weight and is in for a disappointment
:lol: =D> =D> =D> =D>

The Scots are streets ahead when it comes to handling disappointment ... they have had years of experience generation after generation.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 18, 2021, 3:28 pm

"to a Scottish fan, when the Scots beat England at Wembley, it's like f*cking your ex-girlfriend in her new boyfriends house. Again."

That's explains a lot ....... most Englishmen ,having ditched the old bag in the first place, wouldn't then consider going anywhere near her, but there again they wouldn't be as desperate as a Scot I suppose :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 18, 2021, 3:40 pm

Wonder if Southgate will " do a Belgium" and rest his top players tonight. or if FA have banned him from doing so in case it upsets the Jocks?
Think I'd give the likes of Shaw/James/Grealish a run out to keep them interested as they might be needed later (give Maguire 20 or 30 mins at the end)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 18, 2021, 6:32 pm

Hmmm... five consecutive posts simply dripping with self-doubt.

I don't think it's coming home quite yet.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 18, 2021, 6:41 pm

samster wrote:
like watching your ugly younger brother trying to hit on Kylie Minogue. You want him to succeed but know hes punching above his weight and is in for a disappointment
Hey, big bruv, don’t bring my little antipodean temptress into this battle
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com

Post by UdonThaniPete » June 18, 2021, 6:53 pm

Anyone who wants to watch the big game is welcome at my house, beers and nibbles will be supplied, and as an added bonus I’m putting on a movie “Braveheart” after the game. 😁
A pessimist see’s a difficulty in every opportunity,
A optimist see’s an opportunity in every difficulty,
I am the latter.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 18, 2021, 9:11 pm

Udons finest eataries are expecting to dish up a lot of Jok for breakfast tomorrow

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 18, 2021, 9:24 pm

I predict that Scotland will score their first goal since Craig Burleys effort in 19 hundred and steel toecaps

Hows that for a "left field" bet :lol:

I know, I really should go easier on the Happy juice

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 18, 2021, 9:46 pm

Niggly wrote:
June 18, 2021, 6:41 pm
samster wrote:
like watching your ugly younger brother trying to hit on Kylie Minogue. You want him to succeed but know hes punching above his weight and is in for a disappointment
Hey, big bruv, don’t bring my little antipodean temptress into this battle
I know she's little but I hear stories that she has a really big.... smile.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 18, 2021, 10:03 pm

It won't as easy a victory as it should be, but Scotland will win this one.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 18, 2021, 11:13 pm

Then after the toss, they can kick off the footie

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 19, 2021, 3:07 am

Half time ..its pissing down
Scotland well worth their 0-0 not alot in the 2
England safe n predictable thats the Southgate way .. playing great IN THEIR OWN HALF..Sterling crap.. get Grealish on ASAP

Still.think Pickford has a clanger in his locker..

Second half just kicked off ..carmorn England

Dm

Return to “World Sports”