EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

General sports news and discussions.
Zidane
udonmap.com

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by Zidane » June 13, 2021, 10:11 pm

Sterling scored but that was about his only meaningful contribution... downside is he,ll get picked every game now till we get knocked out.
Foden started well but faded badly in the second half... agree Phillips was mom.
Still, a wins a win... we normally lose or draw the first game.

North Macedonia to cause an upset later =;

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 13, 2021, 10:22 pm

Problem is we now need to drop points to the Jocks so as not to finish top of the group, and if we do the Jockinese will think they got them deservedly rather than us giving them coz we want second place.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 13, 2021, 10:26 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 13, 2021, 10:22 pm
Problem is we now need to drop points to the Jocks so as not to finish top of the group, and if we do the Jockinese will think they got them deservedly rather than us giving them coz we want second place.
we're no' called canny Scots for nuthin'

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 13, 2021, 10:28 pm

That woz "CANNY SCORE" Scots tam .........

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 13, 2021, 10:29 pm

England will get thru the group.stage comfortably ..but as soon as they are up against an half decent opponent they are toast..

Agree zid Sterling did naff all except score .. Rashford came on n never touched the ball ..Mings n Stones were ok but werent up against an Mbappe or similar.

Give the Jocks nowt Statto ..except a dam.good thrashing

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 13, 2021, 11:00 pm

Heres a really accurate fair accessment of the England performance and current squad situation... talks a lot of sense

https://youtu.be/Qf7D-f_nVN4

Dm

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 14, 2021, 7:03 am

stattointhailand wrote:
June 13, 2021, 10:28 pm
That woz "CANNY SCORE" Scots tam .........
Oh dear... It appears some members CANNAE even make a pish weak joke.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 14, 2021, 7:09 am

stattointhailand wrote:
June 13, 2021, 10:22 pm
Ah yes, the tactical defeat, much like the tactical vote, it only creates the illusion of an easier path but risks the likelihood of meeting the mighty Scottish powerhouse AGAIN in the semis... and losing AGAIN.

As Robert the Bruce famously proclaimed, "I have dream!"

Oh, wait...
Last edited by tamada on June 14, 2021, 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 14, 2021, 7:13 am

Bit of a squeaky bum for Holland giving up a 2-goal lead to Ukraine before their "star with a Scottish name" spared their blushes. Defo missing big Dick van Dike at the back.

Oh, wait...

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 14, 2021, 7:42 am

Agree Tam .. On that performance Holland are in the same boat as England in this tournament .. also rans .. the Jock ringer whose mother once had a dump in an Eindhoven ganja bar making wee Dummy eligible to play saved the day.

Elsewhere Austria , not to be confused with Australia beat the mighty North Macedonia 3-1

Today we will find out which Scotland is turning up ... will it be Gordon Strachans n Kenny Dalglish like heros or will it be Jimmy krankie and Rab C Nesbit ..actually taking part in a serious competition for the first time since DM was out ov nappies has to be applauded regardless of how many they loose by.

8pm today... Jocks V Chech Rep .. prediction lots of tartan dresses , ginger wigs scotch pies and a 2-1 scoreline

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 14, 2021, 10:33 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 13, 2021, 11:00 pm
Heres a really accurate fair accessment of the England performance and current squad situation... talks a lot of sense

Dm
What's with the fixation that this isn't the team that can beat Italy, France or Portugal "or even Germany"? It's probably not even the team that's going to lose against Scotland either. It's simply the team that won against Croatia, end of. Of course it's not the team for the tougher opponents. That's why there's a pool of other good players that can step in and hopefully step up when given a start. If they cock up that start, that's what substitutions are for.

Just because he's mouthing exactly what you like to hear (note the jibe that Southgate will get the sack if they fail to shine) doesn't make it "a lot of sense".

PS: His player ratings pretty much match every other pundits player ratings. That must have been a challenge for him, no?

[insert Sheesh emoticon here]

PPS: When Harry was pulled, who got the Captain's armband? My stuttering live coverage showed him walking about, gaunt-faced, holding it out like nobody had written his failure to deliver Captaincy into the script. If I'm not mistaken, a Croatian player grabbed it and ran to hand it to whoever so they could get on with the game.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 14, 2021, 10:51 am

tamada wrote:
June 14, 2021, 10:33 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 13, 2021, 11:00 pm

Dm
What's with the fixation that this isn't the team that can beat Italy, France or Portugal "or even Germany"? It's probably not even the team that's going to lose against Scotland either. It's simply the team that won against Croatia, end of. Of course it's not the team for the tougher opponents. That's why there's a pool of other good players that can step in and hopefully step up when given a start. If they cock up that start, that's what substitutions are for.

Just because he's mouthing exactly what you like to hear (note the jibe that Southgate will get the sack if they fail to shine) doesn't make it "a lot of sense".

PS: His player ratings pretty much match every other pundits player ratings. That must have been a challenge for him, no?

[insert Sheesh emoticon here]

PPS: When Harry was pulled, who got the Captain's armband? My stuttering live coverage showed him walking about, gaunt-faced, holding it out like nobody had written his failure to deliver Captaincy into the script. If I'm not mistaken, a Croatian player grabbed it and ran to hand it to whoever so they could get on with the game.
Not sure who took the capts arm band Tam ... possibly Harrys late withdrawal was due to his Jock like attack on the Wembley goal posts circa 1977 as well as being tired .. all the pundits are saying the players did well in such sweltering conditions maybe he got heat stroke or he just played crap ..

IMO 3 best player who deserve praise

Phillips
Mings
Mount

Others were just OK .. fortunately Croatia were a tad toothless .. as are the wee Jammys.

I reiterate Pickfords fooking about clearing the ball will cost England at some stage ..and Sterling is now a national hero so guaranteed a start when really he should be on the bench

ITS NOT coming home .. coming home ITS NOT coming home.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 14, 2021, 11:59 am

I wish Prickford would f * off home :evil:

The Jocks only put Fraser in their squad so they can bring him on to wind up the Mackem =;

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 14, 2021, 1:51 pm

Does negativity come with being an old fart in Udon? This, and other threads, seem to substantiate that view.

I'm an old fart stuck in England and thought we played more than adequately with Kalvin (hat trick in the final) pulling the strings.

As a team, we defended very well and didn't give the Croats a sniff which is a big positive. At the other end, we created several good chances against a solid team.

I'd give us more than a fighting chance against any team in the tournament.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 14, 2021, 2:18 pm

samster wrote:
June 14, 2021, 1:51 pm
Does negativity come with being an old fart in Udon? This, and other threads, seem to substantiate that view.

I'm an old fart stuck in England and thought we played more than adequately with Kalvin (hat trick in the final) [-o< :shock: pulling the strings.

As a team, we defended very well and didn't give the Croats a sniff which is a big positive. At the other end, we created several good chances against a solid team.

I'd give us more than a fighting chance against any team in the tournament.
Thats the beauty of football , politics , food and all threads on UM ........... young or old we all have differing views and how boring would it be if we all agreed Trump was great , who had the best sausage and supported Scunny Utd.

Ref the 3 lions ... I wish i shared your positivity Samster (and im a young old fart) .. without doubt there were some bright points as previously mentioned Phillips MOM , Mings , Mount , Stones and Rice i thought were very solid but the jury is still out on just how they would fair against a higher ranked nation after the group stage which is basically cannon fodder teams making up the numbers and is to get rid of most of the dead wood like N Macedonia and Scotland etc.

IMO the greatness of the performance is being over hyped in the media with gushing pundits over reacting to what was at best a decent effort.. with a favourable result...

Pickford had little to do which i was pleased about as its worrying whenever hes called into action evn clearing his lines IMO hes a liability that will bite England on the bottom at some point in this tournament.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 14, 2021, 5:02 pm

You have to forgive samsters over enthusiasm DM, it must be hard trying to watch footie without wearing those Rose coloured glasses that Leeds handed out with every season tickets for the last 20 years :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 14, 2021, 9:20 pm

Things not going well for our friends North of the border ..2 nowt down to Cech Rep.. n the jock goalie was having a smoke for the second as the fella scored from.the half way line ... OH DEAR .. SO SAD ..NEVERMIND

Still plenty of time for a comeback and they are givinh it a good go

DM

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 14, 2021, 9:57 pm

Was listening to the coverage on the radio today and all the Jocks were indulging in the usual hyperbole that they accuse the English of. Apparently Che Adams goals were going to take them to glory.

Set me thinking about their better players

They have Liverpool's 2nd best full back (the best is England's 4th choice right back)
They have Man Us 5th best midfielder (2nd and 3rd best dont start for England)
They have Arsenals 2nd best wing back (best doesnt start for England)
They have Sotons 2nd best striker (best doesnt make an England squad)
They have Villas 3rd best midfielder (best doesnt start for England)

No wonder they cant beat the Czechs even though they played ok.

If they beat England on Friday it will be a freak result or England will tell their players to settle for a draw to give us an easier 2nd round game.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 14, 2021, 10:06 pm

Don't forget Newcastle's 4th best winger who managed about 2 starts and 3 or 4 sub appearances

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 14, 2021, 10:10 pm

And not forgetting Granny Hanley who played for the toon in the championship but not considered good enough when the team were promoted ..... Not good enough for Newcastle ... need I say more :lol:

Return to “World Sports”