EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

General sports news and discussions.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 3, 2021, 6:24 pm

Thought twas best to start another thread to cover the up n coming football extravaganza .. England on paper have a very young squad packed with talent and i liked how the national manager Gareth Southgate talked about how he cam to the 26 man squad also there is a plan based on adaptability..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RBSP1hLZi4

With most of the nations squads taking part already named there will be 2 friendlies prior to the kick off on 12 th June .. when Wales will be in action ..

ENGLAND play Croatia first .. by no means an easy fixture ... but the big game will be England Scotland on the 19th June when im hoping the 3 Lions will give the Jocks a pasting that would make even the roughest toughest skirt wearing bagpipe playing Kaber tossing haggis munching wee Jammy cry like a baby.... in fact confidence cant be high in the Jock camp as they have only booked a hotel for the group stage and will be back on Aberdeen beach after 3 games.

Lots of great games ahead , looking forward to an exciting 2 weeks of international football with games being played all over the continent.

ITS COMING HOME ITS COMING HOME ...and i dont mean wee jammy Tammy

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by stattointhailand » June 3, 2021, 7:04 pm

I hear STV have put aside a 30 second slot for the Scottish match highlights

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 3, 2021, 7:09 pm

I know UEFA said the squads could be 26 players to cover injuries, but I don't think they meant you pick 4 already injured players to fill those places Garaf :evil:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 3, 2021, 8:48 pm

Scotland, deprived of 7 first team picks due to a Covid scare at their Spanish training camp, were leading the Netherlands 1-2 in their pre-Euro friendly until the 89th minute when the home team got their equalizer. Creditable performance and Chelsea's Billy Gilmour got his first cap. Must be pretty exciting to get a Champions medal and your first cap all within 5 days.

Before preparing for my HALO drop, I caught the Croatia-Armenia friendly. Croatia weren't half as hard as they were back in 2018 when they handed England their arses in Moscow. Modric was pretty ineffective and subbed out with five others at half-time where they held a 1-0 lead. Armenia, not competing in anything meaningful also did half a dozen substitutions at half-time and took the fight to the home team. Their Colombian-born midfielder Angulo fired a screamer (see below) that tied the game so they went home happy. Croatia less so.

https://twitter.com/OfficialArmFF/statu ... et%3DTweet

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 4, 2021, 8:38 am

tamada wrote:
June 3, 2021, 8:48 pm
Scotland, deprived of 7 first team picks due to a Covid scare at their Spanish training camp, were leading the Netherlands 1-2 in their pre-Euro friendly until the 89th minute when the home team got their equalizer. Creditable performance and Chelsea's Billy Gilmour got his first cap. Must be pretty exciting to get a Champions medal and your first cap all within 5 days.

Before preparing for my HALO drop, I caught the Croatia-Armenia friendly. Croatia weren't half as hard as they were back in 2018 when they handed England their arses in Moscow. Modric was pretty ineffective and subbed out with five others at half-time where they held a 1-0 lead. Armenia, not competing in anything meaningful also did half a dozen substitutions at half-time and took the fight to the home team. Their Colombian-born midfielder Angulo fired a screamer (see below) that tied the game so they went home happy. Croatia less so.

https://twitter.com/OfficialArmFF/statu ... et%3DTweet
Jack and i liked the use of larger bold letters Tam.. gives emphasis and clarifies the point of a post ..NO ?

A spirited performance by the Scots in what was a friendly lets not get carried away .. btw the Chech Rep arent mugs either so a tough group .......FOR THE JOCKS who may scramble a point if lady luck shines on them.

Favourites to win the tournament are France with England second favs :shock: in front of Belgium , Italy , Germany Holland and Portugal.. very strange ... im tipping Belgium to go far.

Group of death .. Germany Italy Portugal .. and Hungary who really have got a big ask to get anything from them 3 fixtures.

Good to see you taking time out from the secret 2 para mission to post Tam .. he who dares wins !!

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 4, 2021, 12:49 pm

Anymore UM ""football expert"" members with a EURO 2020/21 Winners prediction ???

Heres mine ..

My Heart says ENGERLAND [-o<

My head says BELGIUM

DM

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 4, 2021, 1:19 pm

Trent Alexander -Arnold out of the Euros and out of action for 6 weeks after tearing a thigh muscle in the friendly against Poland.
Fortunately England have 3 other right backs so one position we can afford an injury.
Reece James from Chelsea the pick of them I would say.
Jamie Ward -Prowse or Jesse Lingard lined up as the replacement.

I,d love England to win it but 3 things are against them.
1.Pickford in goal.
2.Neither Maguire or Henderson likely to feature.... Maguire a big miss in the centre of defence.
3.Not really convinced by Southgate when the pressure is on.
I ll be ecstatic if I,m proved wrong, though.

My tip... unfortunately it's France.
Germany norfolkandchance. =;
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 4, 2021, 1:30 pm

Zidane wrote:
June 4, 2021, 1:19 pm
Trent Alexander -Arnold out of the Euros and out of action for 6 weeks after tearing a thigh muscle in the friendly against Poland. AUSTRIA [-X
Fortunately England have 3 other right backs so one position we can afford an injury.
Reece James from Chelsea the pick of them I would say.
Jamie Ward -Prowse or Jesse Lingard lined up as the replacement.

I,d love England to win it but 3 things are against them.
1.Pickford in goal.
2.Neither Maguire or Henderson likely to feature.... Maguire a big miss in the centre of defence.
3.Not really convinced by Southgate when the pressure is on.
I ll be ecstatic if I,m proved wrong, though.

My tip... unfortunately it's France.
Germany norfolkandchance. =;
Agree entirely Zid .. Maguire and Henderson should not have been included if they are not fit for the first game , Henderson hasnt played for weeks ??? and as for Pickford ..hes a liability...and Southgate lacks charisma more suited to the indoor bowls national side.

DM

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 4, 2021, 2:29 pm

England will win the Euros.

After stuffing Croatia and the Jocks, we will lose to the Czechs and the press and public will be distraught. Backs to the wall from then, we will scrape a couple of wins before beating Belguim 3-1 in the final.

Kalvin Phillips will be knighted after a hat trick in the final.

True to form, the Scots will go out at the group stages without a win or a goal. The only positive will be the displays of Liam Cooper at the back.

The Welsh will flatter to deceive after an early flurry of goals from Tyler Roberts.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 4, 2021, 3:15 pm

samster wrote:
June 4, 2021, 2:29 pm

After stuffing Croatia and the Jocks, we will lose to the Czechs and the press and public will be distraught. Backs to the wall from then, we will scrape a couple of wins before beating Belguim 3-1 in the final.

True to form, the Scots will go out at the group stages without a win or a goal. The only positive will be the displays of Liam Cooper at the back.

The Welsh will flatter to deceive after an early flurry of goals from Tyler Roberts.
Been on the turps again hey Samster ??

Englands route to the final isnt easy as i think the winner of their group plays runner up in the group of death .. it may be better to finish second in the group ??

Everyone on tinernet going for France v Portugal final .. im sticking with Belgium , they have a cracking keeper , midfield and front line ..alas no players from Leeds United .

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 4, 2021, 4:13 pm

samster wrote:
June 4, 2021, 2:29 pm

Wot?! No penilty shootouts for Picknose to cock up?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 4, 2021, 4:42 pm

Not convinced about Germany being contenders in this 'group of death'. There's only a couple of 5-star players in the whole Bundesliga and one plays for Das Englanders and the other for the Noggies (who aren't playing). North Macedonia (Group C spoilers) beat the Germans two months ago.

Has Portugal got anything else beyond Ronaldo who just wants to be put out to pasture at Old Trafford (along with OGS)?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 4, 2021, 5:03 pm

Not that its much good here as gambling is illegal but here are the odds on the up coming EURO 2020/21 WINNERS

https://www.bettingodds.com/football/eu ... hip/winner

NOTE ; Scotland are NOT the rank outsiders .. :yikes: click on the show more icon to go as low as the Joks.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 4, 2021, 5:07 pm

GLI AZZURRI :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 4, 2021, 5:18 pm

The Scots have put in a request to EUFA for "clueless" Frank DeBoer to be installed as coach of their opposition before each of their games.

Will Craig Burley's 23 yr old record go?? probably not

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 4, 2021, 8:18 pm

Gareth Southgate still to announce the replacement for TAA .. looking like it will possibly be a midfielder coming in .. Lingard or Ward Prowse perhaps.

Mean while heres a score your gonna hear a lot of in the next 2 weeks ..... SCOTLAND Nil.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 4, 2021, 11:38 pm

"Mean while heres a score your gonna hear a lot of in the next 2 weeks ..... SCOTLAND Nil."

Wouldn't be a surprise ............ mind you if the other bit of the result is ENGERLUND NIL that's not gonna be a great shock either =;

.......... but .... but .... but ref, how were we supposed to score when the Jocks knicked the goalposts?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 5, 2021, 8:19 am

Click on the link to see the groups for EURO 20/21 ...follow your national side (Irish fans can go cut the grass)

Group D .. England / Scotland
Group ov death is F

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/euro ... ship/table

DM

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 5, 2021, 9:05 am

I used to enjoy watching the Euros or the World Cup in bars in the UK or Thailand where there was a good footie atmosphere.
Sadly it looks as though that won't be possible this time around in Thailand.
Miss the beer promo girls over here also.....
Bangkok-girl-of-the-week29A.jpg
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 5, 2021, 9:11 am

Get your thoughts back on the World Hockey Championship, and stop moaning and groaning about stuff you can't control. By the way, that's a very nice photo.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “World Sports”