Dummy Spit, or 1st Class Whinge?

General sports news and discussions.
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Dummy Spit, or 1st Class Whinge?

Post by jackspratt » November 24, 2021, 7:54 pm

I hesitated about putting this in the Sports thread, but here goes.

If anyone has doubts about why Ozzies refer our Pommie forbears as whingers, this should dispel any doubts.
Shaun Murphy says amateurs should not be allowed in professional snooker tournaments

Professional snooker player Shaun Murphy says it is "not fair" that amateurs are allowed to compete in professional tournaments, after crashing out of the UK Championship to a 19-year-old.

Murphy, who won the UK Championship in 2008, was defeated by Chinese amateur Si Jiahui 6-5 in the opening round match in the English city of York.......

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-24/ ... /100648460
😭

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Dummy Spit, or 1st Class Whinge?

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 24, 2021, 8:07 pm

Angoon preio .. SOUR GRAPES
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 24, 2021, 10:40 pm

Then pros shouldn't be allowed in any amateur comps?, and as ALL sports began as amateur events NOBODY (including those that partake in Snooker competitions) should receive a penny for doing so

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » November 25, 2021, 6:57 am

If an amateur does well in a US Major Golf tournament he does not receive prize money but displaces the professionals scoring below him out of it. In the spirit of the game the amateur gets nothing but applause from them and the galleries. =D>

IMHO This non entity, Shaun, needs to get a new dummy. Looking forward to his next thrashing! [-(
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 25, 2021, 7:29 am

Shaun Murphy is normally a pretty nice quiet fella and avoids the limelight unlike Osullivan , White etc ... a great player and well liked in the snooker world .. im sure he regrets his comments as was a tad peeved (sour grapes) to have been embarassingly beaten by an amateur.
I like it when these part timers and qualifiers rock up to make up the numbers and win ..the pretty tennis lass from UK whose name i cant spell or remember being most recent winning the Us open in such a fashion.

Of course whinging is not only done by the poms .. all nationalities have their fair share including the Aussies so this attempt by Jack to stir the PomOz pot wont succeed as deep down Ozzies love Poms and Poms tolerate Ozzies quite fairly in most cases.

DM

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 25, 2021, 8:00 am

Mickelson's Victory
In 1991, Phil Mickelson won the PGA Northern Telecom Open as a 20-year-old junior at Arizona State University. First prize was $180,000, but as an amateur Mickelson could not accept the money, according to the "Los Angeles Times." Professionals Bob Tway and Tom Purtzer, who finished tied for second, split the first-prize and second-place prize money, with each earning $144,000.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 25, 2021, 8:09 am

The local Whakatane golf club members trying to ban a 14 year old from playing as she was too good for the whinging old cows at the club

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 25, 2021, 9:03 am

This happens in all sports ... casting my memory back to my sons swimming competitions at school , he was banned from entering as he was too young at 9 yrs to swim against the older Thai lads who were 10 to 15 yrs ..why ????? cos he was beating them and their parents didnt like the little luk Kreung winning.. whinging , spitting out the dummy or loss of face?? ...the latter has a lot to do with how all things Thai happen or dont.

DM

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 26, 2021, 12:07 am

Ha, ha, love it, DM! Or do I, readers? Always bad form to make a Local lose face. [-X

This whinging Pom (English variety) saw the BBC report on the dummy spitter this morning and I wondered whether he would still be sulking if he had beaten the suspect Chinese amateur. Of course not.
However, I advise the'professional' may want to consider practicing a little more.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Return to “World Sports”