EPL 2022 / 2023

General sports news and discussions.
samster
udonmap.com

Re: EPL 2022 / 2023

Post by samster » May 29, 2023, 4:10 am

I've been silent on this thread for a while to avoid the nonsense but.....

Just got in from Elland Road where we were deservedly relegated.

I've been consistent in my views since we were promoted that we overachieved under the genius that was Bielsa and that the squad needed rebuilding. We were unlucky that our 2 decent signings were plagued by injury but, that doesnt disguise the fact that the other newcomers were, being kind, average players.

The end of season was a shambles and a lesson in mismanagement. Someone said to me, we had more points after 40 minutes against Palace,when we were leading, with 9.5 games to go, than we finished up with. That says it all really.

Of interest to some on this thread however is the massive hatred of Everton that I sense in English football fans at the moment. It's not hatred built on envy as it is with Man U for example. Its hatred because of them blatantly flouting the rules backed up with a disdain for the constant whinging of their entitled supporters.

I was speaking to someone high up in Leeds United today and he said he was glad we finished 2nd bottom as its now Leicester and not us who have been cheated due to the inaction of the footballing authorities.

Sorry 747 but your clubs a joke.

Before the clowns from the other side of the city jump in btw, the only joy I'll get next season is not having to read the illiterate, infantile crap that pervades this thread.

Anyway, I'm back home in just over a week. I'm travelling a week on Monday because I booked the flights in March when Leeds were still in the FA Cup and I couldn't risk missing the cup final in case we got there.

Now that is funny and it's not even a meme of a dog holding a lead, a fat lass in an Everton shirt or a picture of Saint Mo.

I'm a bad loser. Over and out.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2023, 6:36 am

Well the last day couldnt have gone much more like it was expected .....

Evertons Tarqi to get a clean sheet
Evertons Doucoure to get the only goal
Harry Kane/Son/Poro to expose the poor Leeds defense

Didnt expect Tripps to get OG (that ruined double clean sheet)
Didnt expect Mitro to miss a another penalty
Did expect more from Salah & TAA also Eze
Didnt see Eddie benching Calum when he was in such good form
freehitteam38.png

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2023, 6:45 am

And the FINAL placings for the season....

Champions League qualifiers Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Newcastle Utd
Europa League qualifiers Liverpool, Brighton
Europa Conf qualifier Aston Villa
Relegated Leicester City, Leeds Utd, Southampton
Wk38tabfinal.png
wk38tabfinalbot.png

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2023, 6:55 am

Interesting fact season 20/21 Burnley finish 17th (relegated next season)
Season 21/22 Leeds finish 17th (relegated next season)
Season 22/23 Everton finish 17th

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » May 29, 2023, 7:25 am

Made your point Stat now sit on it!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 29, 2023, 10:53 am

goodison wrote:
May 29, 2023, 7:25 am
Dave, Ask Statts For The Lottery Numbers M8....YOU Never Know....555 !!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2023, 11:02 am

goodison wrote:
May 29, 2023, 7:25 am
I suspect that even if the points deduction handed out is relatively small (perhaps 10 like Juve) the toffees will find that hard to make up :-k

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 29, 2023, 11:03 am

dezzer111 wrote:
May 29, 2023, 12:35 am
dezzer111 wrote:
May 28, 2023, 9:13 pm
747man wrote:
May 28, 2023, 10:55 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 28, 2023, 7:46 am
well today is the day ... with much of everything else sorted it just leaves the EPL relegation places to be decided .. who will join Southamption .. 2 from Everton , Leeds n Lester.. good luck to all 3 and to all the local fans of those 3 clubs as its gonna down to the wire n ar se nipping time.

Im predicting Everton will stay up making my buddy in Nongers jump for joy and throw a party for all his mates where he pays for everything... thats just You me and your imaginary dog Alan .. dont panic .. im only there for the free Chang and meet yer dog!!

Massive well done to Luton who join the big boys after being in the NLN 10 years ago ....WOW .. Scunny take note miracles can happen as NLN is where my beloved Iron find themselves nowadays.

DM
Im predicting Everton will stay up making my buddy in Nongers jump for joy and throw a party for all his mates where he pays for everything......Nah, Only with YOUR Money So there WON'T be a Party because YOU Won't get yer hand in yer Pockets .....Say NO More !!
Lilac will be drinking Vimto if the Bluenoses stay up,hope they stay up because half of my family support them ,worst luck ,once a Red YNWA.
You can come out of hiding now you WIMP and change your lilac knickers,until next season what a shower of lucky tramps.
,hope they stay up because half of my family support them>>>>> what a shower of lucky tramps.....555 !! you Change more than the WIND, Make your SILLY little OIRISH Mind Up.....Now Back to You RS Cave & Relax after conceding 4 Goals to an Already RELEGATED Team...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 29, 2023, 11:07 am

tamada wrote:
May 29, 2023, 1:19 am
dezzer111 wrote:
May 28, 2023, 9:13 pm
747man wrote:
May 28, 2023, 10:55 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 28, 2023, 7:46 am
well today is the day ... with much of everything else sorted it just leaves the EPL relegation places to be decided .. who will join Southamption .. 2 from Everton , Leeds n Lester.. good luck to all 3 and to all the local fans of those 3 clubs as its gonna down to the wire n ar se nipping time.

Im predicting Everton will stay up making my buddy in Nongers jump for joy and throw a party for all his mates where he pays for everything... thats just You me and your imaginary dog Alan .. dont panic .. im only there for the free Chang and meet yer dog!!

Massive well done to Luton who join the big boys after being in the NLN 10 years ago ....WOW .. Scunny take note miracles can happen as NLN is where my beloved Iron find themselves nowadays.

DM
Im predicting Everton will stay up making my buddy in Nongers jump for joy and throw a party for all his mates where he pays for everything......Nah, Only with YOUR Money So there WON'T be a Party because YOU Won't get yer hand in yer Pockets .....Say NO More !!
Lilac will be drinking Vimto if the Bluenoses stay up,hope they stay up because half of my family support them ,worst luck ,once a Red YNWA.
4 - 4 (giggle)
" Giggle " Nah I Laughed My B******s OFF.....Against an ALREADY relegated team..... \:D/ \:D/

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 29, 2023, 11:58 am

Well Everton remain a PL club at the expense of Leeds n more so Lester .. as at certain times during yesterdays fixtures with the Foxes winning and Everton only drawing they would of been gonners .. Leeds sadly were up against it n dropped without much fight .. feel for samster a true fan following a club thats has seen massive ups n downs same as Scunny..

Expect the handful of Everton fans (up to 4 now) residing in Asia to be cockahoop ..eh Goodison ?? celebrate with OSH ok :lol: .. makes little difference to me just means i will continue to take the p iss out of the NK lilac loving windalicka on this thread rather than the grass roots ..

Agree with samster re Everton flouting many rules without being penalized and escaping a deduction this season kept them up .. lets hope fair play is restored and they get clobbered ready for next season [-o< ... even that maybe wont matter with talk of an Arab takeover of the club being rumoured already ... i wonder if the NK nutter will refer to them as bonecutters if it goes thru..

All 3 previously promoted clubs avoided relegation from the epl .. a first if im not mistaken statto ??

In other more important news Scunthorpe United remain in limbo re building a cracking side looking at the signings so far BUT .. no fixed abode means my beloved Iron could end up going tits up.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2023, 12:33 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 1, 2022, 8:17 pm
OK folks ..... prediction time with the caveat that theres still a month of the transfer window to go

1) Man City
2) Spurs
3) Arsenal
4) Liverpool
5) Chelsea
6/7) Newcastle
7/8) Brighton
8/6) Man Utd
9) West Ham
10) Palace
11) Villa
12) Leicester
13) Wolves
14) Forest
15) Southampton
16) Brentford
17) Fulham
18) Everton
19) Leeds
20) Bournemouth

Man Utd to finish 8th if they keep CR7 and 6th if he leaves

Golden Boot ........ Kane
FA Cup ........ Arsenal
League cup ...... Man City

Before I get jumped on by our Liverpool clan, I want to say that the reason for placing them 4th is because of the World cup and them having less players involved, meaning they will have virtually 6 weeks of inactivity (no really competitive games) and whilst they will be rested most of those who are at the world cup (apart from the finalists) will get a little downtime before the prem restarts, and they wont need to get back up to speed whereas Salah & co will need 3 or 4 matches to be at their sharpest.
I can see Man U & West Ham struggling with Thurs/Sun which I dont think will be a problem for Arsenals youngsters, and if the PIF sees that Newcastle have any type of realistic shot at a Euro place come Jan tranfer window I can see them strengthening again
Not a bad effort considering it was done with a month of transfer window to go

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2023, 2:19 pm

The natives dont seem too happy

Interestingly if you watch Harry Kane he seems to be one of the last players to go and acknowledge the fans and one of the first Spurs players off down the tunnel .............not sure if that means he isnt going anywhere so no need for long waving goodbyes, or if he's so p*ssed off with the club he just want out asap

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » May 29, 2023, 2:28 pm

747man wrote:
May 29, 2023, 12:58 am
The RS ....Southampton put 4 Past Yer......555 !!......Yer Can't Even Hold onto a 2 Goal Lead,Yer Garbage.....Tefal....
And scored 4, that's a draw. Neither side had a lot to play for and it might as well have been 8-8. Liverpool went into the match in 5th and stay 5th.

Glad to see you find that funny though with no word of the team you are supposed to support. :roll:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2023, 4:22 pm

Thought i'd have a look at how each team performed during the season against what the expectations were pre season.
Positive numbers are teams that finished higher than predicted and by the number of places indicated , negative numbers are under performers.

Brentford +7
Fulham +7
Bournemouth +5
Aston Villa +4
Man Utd +3
Newcastle +3
Brighton +2
Arsenal +1
Everton +1

Man City finished where predicted
Wolves finished where predicted
Leeds finished where predicted

Crystal Palace -1
Liverpool -1
Nottingham Forest -2
West Ham -5
Southampton -5
Leicester -6
Tottenham -7
Chelsea -7

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2023, 6:34 pm

Congratulations to 474 .......... your boys really showed them Red Scousers. Just think your "not being relegated" trophy has been retained for a second year and can take pride of place alongside the headlock of the year 2022/23 trophy in the toffee trophy cabinet

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2023, 6:44 pm

Sorry samster ......... worth a smile? ;)
Leedstv.png

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 29, 2023, 6:52 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 29, 2023, 6:34 pm
Congratulations to 474 .......... your boys really showed them Red Scousers. Just think your "not being relegated" trophy has been retained for a second year and can take pride of place alongside the headlock of the year 2022/23 trophy in the toffee trophy cabinet
Oi, Yer Forgot " The Cuckoo Clock ".....555 !

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 29, 2023, 6:57 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 29, 2023, 11:58 am
Well Everton remain a PL club at the expense of Leeds n more so Lester .. as at certain times during yesterdays fixtures with the Foxes winning and Everton only drawing they would of been gonners .. Leeds sadly were up against it n dropped without much fight .. feel for samster a true fan following a club thats has seen massive ups n downs same as Scunny..

Expect the handful of Everton fans (up to 4 now) residing in Asia to be cockahoop ..eh Goodison ?? celebrate with OSH ok :lol: .. makes little difference to me just means i will continue to take the p iss out of the NK lilac loving windalicka on this thread rather than the grass roots ..

Agree with samster re Everton flouting many rules without being penalized and escaping a deduction this season kept them up .. lets hope fair play is restored and they get clobbered ready for next season [-o< ... even that maybe wont matter with talk of an Arab takeover of the club being rumoured already ... i wonder if the NK nutter will refer to them as bonecutters if it goes thru..

All 3 previously promoted clubs avoided relegation from the epl .. a first if im not mistaken statto ??

In other more important news Scunthorpe United remain in limbo re building a cracking side looking at the signings so far BUT .. no fixed abode means my beloved Iron could end up going tits up.

DM
[/quote. i wonder if the NK nutter will refer to them as bonecutters if it goes thru..No I Won't because they WON'T be Owned by The MBS Lot !!]

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » May 29, 2023, 7:14 pm

Pochettino confirmed as new Chelsea manager.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65371524

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 29, 2023, 8:23 pm

Compared my predictions a la Stats.

Wolfs +1
Scum +3
Arse +3
Bournemouth +5
Newcy +5
BHA +7
Brentford +7
Fulham +9

Citeh where predicted
Villa where predicted
Everton where predicted

Palace --1
Trees -1
Saints -2
Liverpool -3
Spuds -4
WHU -6
Foxes -7
LUFC -7
Chelski -9

Reckon you beat me Stats but, that's largely due to me being taken in by the influx of talentless nomarks we brought into Elland Road along with my rose coloured specs.

What is glaring though is that we both predicted much words seasons for Bournemouth, Fulham and Brentford. Their over performance didn't help my mob but, I reckon all 3 will be in trouble next season. Add Forest, Wolves, Everton (particularly if the EPL finally bite the bullet) and the 3 promoted clubs to that and I reckon theres gonna be a real dogfight down there next season with a much bigger chasm between top 7 and bottom

Gonna ignore your meme. Not because it hurts but, because it's on the same level of humour as the scally banter :D

Return to “World Sports”