Formula 1

General sports news and discussions.
bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Formula 1

Post by bigwavedave » July 20, 2008, 11:43 pm

Well done Lewis Hamilton, Raced a brilliant race at Hockenhiem.. Left the competition standing, even ended up in 4th place at one point and still overtook his way to the front and won the race.... Amazing drive....

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » July 21, 2008, 4:45 am

Can you get F1 on cable in UTH?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 21, 2008, 8:20 am

one of the best races ive seen for years, and lewis is in my opinion the best british driver since jackie stewart . i would say yesturday surpassed his efforts at silverstone two weeks ago. even after a rare mistake from the mc claren team he just drove the wheels of it. the boy is definatly a future champion .smooth as alan prost, brave as nigel mansell and the passion of the late great ayton senna . he is the complete package.

malc123
udonmap.com

Post by malc123 » July 21, 2008, 2:11 pm

It's on cable number 50

Galee
udonmap.com

Re: Formula 1

Post by Galee » September 7, 2008, 11:44 pm

What a disgrace F1 is now.

Hamilton wins an exciting race and what happens. he gets penalized to ensure a Ferrari win.
Last week we had dangerous driving in the pits by ferrari, result a small fine. This week Ferrari complain about unfair tactics and get the winner demoted to 3rd.

F1 is no longer a sport. The governing body will do anything to prevent Maclaren from winning the world championship.

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » September 7, 2008, 11:58 pm

I really don't understand this, Hamilton gave the place back after cutting the chicane as the rules state you must and later took the lead due to an unforced Raikkonen error so what advantage did he gain?
Well done the FIA for yet again ruining a great race and making a complete mockery of the sport they govern.
When will this blatant favouritism toward Ferrari end????
Free the Doug 1

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » September 8, 2008, 12:06 am

Galee wrote:......... The governing body will do anything to prevent Maclaren from winning the world championship.
An alternative view is that FIA (Ferrari International Assistance) will do almost anything to make sure Ferrari don't lose it.

At the moment (and I must admit a bias to Hamilton & MacLaren) I can't see any comparability in the punishments - last week there were two pit lane incidents with Ferrari including one that caused physical injury.

Although I hope that some kind of appeal will be lodged, it is difficult to see any appeal actually getting a fair hearing.
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 8, 2008, 7:18 am

i really dont get it either, hamilton did the right thing , drove a fantastic race and gets penalised for doing what racing drivers should do, pass the car in front with guts and determination . the F I A is becoming a laughing stock this year , they may as well give ferarri a 10 second head start in every race till the end of the season . ive been a fan since way back when stewart used to battle with the likes of hill ect, and even before the poison dwarf eccleston was a struggling team boss at brabham . it seems the private battle between eccleston and ron dennis is becoming more important than the sport itself . the board of the F I A should be walking around this morning with faces redder than the cars of the team they obviously support . they are a f~cking discrace. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 8, 2008, 9:13 am

It does appear that F I A are not on Hamilton's birthday card list
Not for the first time this season Hamilton has incurred the wrath of the stewards, initially in Bahrain when he and team-mate Heikki Kovalainen were handed five-place grid penalties for impeding other drivers in qualifying.

Hamilton was then demoted 10 places for the French Grand Prix after driving into the back of Raikkonen in the pit lane in the previous race in Canada.

Add in the drive-through penalty in Magny-Cours and a 5,000 euros fine for being late to a press conference in Valencia a fortnight ago, and it has been a miserable year in one respect for Hamilton.
BBC.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » September 8, 2008, 9:20 am

Don't forget the FIA turned a blind eye to Raikonen's Ferrari at Magny Cours when he drove around for ages with a flapping exhaust pipe hanging from his car. They deemed this not to be dangerous. WTF.
It only needed to hit someone when it did come off to prove once again what a bunch of biased idiots this lot are.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 8, 2008, 9:34 am

BobHelm wrote:It does appear that F I A are not on Hamilton's birthday card list
Not for the first time this season Hamilton has incurred the wrath of the stewards, initially in Bahrain when he and team-mate Heikki Kovalainen were handed five-place grid penalties for impeding other drivers in qualifying.

Hamilton was then demoted 10 places for the French Grand Prix after driving into the back of Raikkonen in the pit lane in the previous race in Canada.

Add in the drive-through penalty in Magny-Cours and a 5,000 euros fine for being late to a press conference in Valencia a fortnight ago, and it has been a miserable year in one respect for Hamilton.
BBC.
and yet the boy is still top of the championship , i sincerly hope that he wins it , not just for him but also for mc claren . what better way for ron dennis to stick his fingers up to the FIA and eccleston than have the no 1 and no2 on his cars next year . if there is any justice in this world, that ridiculous decision will be overturned . [-X [-X

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » September 8, 2008, 9:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRwWk7bSoD4

The video speaks for itself,hamilton gave the place back(ish) but did give it back!!! all this will do is make the championship win much sweeter for hamilton...
If you watch the following video where schumaker did not get a penalty it shows Ferrari bias by the FIA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5UnPeyzcHM

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 8, 2008, 2:36 pm

watched again, firstly hamilton was in front after outbraking riekenon , was force wide by the ferrari , gained advantage and gave it back , passed him fair and square . both cars tripped over the williams , the ferrari got the advantage from this and was in the lead by at least 5 car lenghs and spun on his own GIVING the lead back to hamilton . basically reikenon messed up all on his own whilst in the lead , now if that warrents a penalty them ive been watching the wrong sport for the last 40 years or so . reikenon weaving all over the track when hamilton passed fair and square was a penalty in my book , you can only move once and hold your line. thems the rules .

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » September 8, 2008, 2:52 pm

I've just read the rules of F1 and unfortunately Hamilton clearly broke the rules.

Quote:Article 666c of the FIA sporting rules and regulations:-

"No Maclaren driver can win a Grand Prix whilst there is a Ferrari driver still in the field".

Apparently it's a rule introduced this year but up to now Ferrari have been to embarrassed to ask for it to be implemented.

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » September 8, 2008, 3:07 pm

One other point... Prior to them tripping over the williams.... The williams of Rosberg had span off and was recovering to the race track.. although you cant see it there were waved yellows, so Riekenan overtook under yellows!!!! He overtook hamilton!!! but being ferrari there will be NO action taken against him..

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » September 8, 2008, 3:31 pm

www.udonmap.com

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 8, 2008, 3:35 pm

Thanks farang (& Galee :D )- nearly 7,500 signatures now !!!!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 8, 2008, 6:47 pm

bigwavedave wrote:One other point... Prior to them tripping over the williams.... The williams of Rosberg had span off and was recovering to the race track.. although you cant see it there were waved yellows, so Riekenan overtook under yellows!!!! He overtook hamilton!!! but being ferrari there will be NO action taken against him..
well spotted , i missed it, so in theory overtaking on a waved yellow flag , should incur a penalty of 10 places on the grid next time out !!!! or an i wrong, i guess its irrelevent, like you say ferarri can do no wrong. as far as im aware ferarri did not object to the result, its just the idiots at the F I A . signed petition, good idea. =D> =D>

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 9, 2008, 12:29 am

Wonder if he has signed it as well..... :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 9, 2008, 12:29 am

Wonder if he has signed it as well..... :D

Former Formula One world champion Niki Lauda believes the stewards got it "completely wrong" when they stripped Lewis Hamilton of his Belgian Grand Prix win.

Return to “World Sports”