Dry Ice

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
ozzydom
udonmap.com

Dry Ice

Post by ozzydom » November 28, 2013, 5:00 pm

Is there a dry ice supplier in Udon Thani?

ozzy

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Dry Ice

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 28, 2013, 5:36 pm

Pretty sure ... NO nearest is Khon Kaen .

Praxair who operate all the dry ice franchises around Thailand did speak to my old gaff Chern Chim reference the set up but it was simply not logistically feasible , im not sure if the KK place is still on the go .

If it is to be considered for packing with foodstuffs depending on the distance normal ice vac packs are ok if wrapped in insulating foil bubble wrap .. i still have some FBW if you need any .

dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Techland
udonmap.com

Dry Ice

Post by Techland » November 28, 2013, 7:21 pm

My family members never had problems to get dry ice in Udon. I think you can get it at the normal ice manufacturing near Nong Bua lake. Otherwise buy a cake at Swensons or an ice cream at Dairy Queen for take away, and you will get dry ice for free... ;)

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Dry Ice

Post by pienmash » November 28, 2013, 8:55 pm

Techland wrote:My family members never had problems to get dry ice in Udon. I think you can get it at the normal ice manufacturing near Nong Bua lake. Otherwise buy a cake at Swensons or an ice cream at Dairy Queen for take away, and you will get dry ice for free... ;)
I have a fetish for Swensens Mocca Almond Fudge ice cream cake, often get to take home never been given dry ice. Also i would be interested in the location of this place near Nong Bua as tried loads of regular ice places without joy ,if available in kg block form very useful for a future project .

pm/dm

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Dry Ice

Post by WhoUrDaddy » November 29, 2013, 7:58 am

dry ice is here somewheres, as quite a few street beverage carts are using it, with the iced drinks. you'll see customers with drinks, containing paper liners. vendors at St. Mary's for instance. keeps the ice most of the day now, essential in the tropics. udon moving forward, one step at a time, though tripping a lot :roll:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Dry Ice

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 29, 2013, 8:13 am

I have looked most places without success , only ever previously seen /used it in 1 kg block paper wrapped form and it sells at 30 bt per block , dissipates after approx 12 -24 hours depending on if its in a poly box / wrap or out in the open .

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Dry Ice

Post by WhoUrDaddy » November 29, 2013, 9:20 am

swing by St Mary's, off hours, before 3 pm, when you actually can swing by, and the vendor should be set up. easy to spot the one selling drinks with paper bags inside their plastic bag drinks. never saw it used on small scale like that before, just with air shipments as hazmat for seafood.

Techland
udonmap.com

Dry Ice

Post by Techland » November 29, 2013, 4:46 pm

pienmash wrote:I have a fetish for Swensens Mocca Almond Fudge ice cream cake, often get to take home never been given dry ice. Also i would be interested in the location of this place near Nong Bua as tried loads of regular ice places without joy ,if available in kg block form very useful for a future project
Dry ice is fun for the kids, and that's why I have seen it several times already. We got it last time when we picked up a birthday cake at Swensons in UD Town. Even the Dairy Queen in Big C had it to help our ice cups getting unmelted back home.

Udon's biggest ice manufacturer is near the chinese temple, just passing through the chinese gate from Posri road and then after 100 m to the right. Everybody knows that one...almost, it seems...

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Dry Ice

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 29, 2013, 5:03 pm

Techland wrote:
pienmash wrote:I have a fetish for Swensens Mocca Almond Fudge ice cream cake, often get to take home never been given dry ice. Also i would be interested in the location of this place near Nong Bua as tried loads of regular ice places without joy ,if available in kg block form very useful for a future project
Dry ice is fun for the kids, and that's why I have seen it several times already. We got it last time when we picked up a birthday cake at Swensons in UD Town. Even the Dairy Queen in Big C had it to help our ice cups getting unmelted back home.

Udon's biggest ice manufacturer is near the chinese temple, just passing through the chinese gate from Posri road and then after 100 m to the right. Everybody knows that one...almost, it seems...
OK thanks Techland ,,, i did try that place a fair while back but didnt have any ... will drop in again .

DM

Techland
udonmap.com

Dry Ice

Post by Techland » November 29, 2013, 5:08 pm

Note that I did not say they have - I think they have. If not you might ask the street vendor near St. Mary's where he gets his daily portion... ;)

chal3oye

Dry Ice

Post by chal3oye » December 4, 2013, 12:59 pm

You'll see customers with drinks, containing paper liners. vendors at St. Mary's for instance. keeps the ice most of the day now, essential in the tropics. udon moving forward, one step at a time, though tripping a lot :roll:

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Dry Ice

Post by DuiDui » December 4, 2013, 5:06 pm

Hi guys!

Go to Swensen at The Central,ask the manager for the Telephone number to Dry Ice Factory in Khon Khaen,she will give you the phonenumber,OR she might sell you a couple of 1kg for 30bath pices if your lucky.The company in KK delivers to Udon Thani twice a week..

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Dry Ice

Post by DuiDui » December 4, 2013, 6:09 pm

Hmm no Edit button,maybe because i use Opera as my preferred Webbrowser..Anyway,just found the small paper i got from the manager at Swensens..with tel.nr to order Dry Ice in Khon Khaen:

088 - 3113945 or 088 - 3113959 OR:

Make your own:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLNHDxd6nDc

dazzadazza
udonmap.com

Re: Dry Ice

Post by dazzadazza » May 13, 2021, 6:02 pm

8 years on... I have had dry ice in Swensons on occasion on take out but it is hit and miss.
Any one got any info on a place in Udon for Dry Ice by the KG?

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » May 13, 2021, 6:53 pm

Yes I have been on the hunt for dry ice as well with no success.
I have been meaning to get my girl to ask the drive around ice cream guys as I am sure they use dry ice to keep all frozen...
Worth a try..!!!
YKICAMOOCOW

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 13, 2021, 7:06 pm

Dry ice sold by the kg is not av in udon ..it was for a short period of time from.an ice dealer on Adunyadet rd but they stopped stocking .... it is possible to buy it from.swensons IF they have enough over stock from what they need.
Nearest dealer inc delivery is Khon Kaen.
I enquired some time ago direct with Praxair the producer and distributor ref a franchise /license fir Udon but minimum purchase requirements etc meant it was not viable ..dry ice has a max 3 day freezer life before it disipates so calculated no way would sell enough on a week to week basis as was the Praxair contract.

Only as info .

Dm

dazzadazza
udonmap.com

Post by dazzadazza » May 16, 2021, 8:49 pm

Thanks for the updates. I think I might try the CO2 bottle and make my own.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 16, 2021, 9:26 pm

There is a seller in my village, sells plenty of ice, well protected by a village guy in a brown uniform. I have no idea about moisture content.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

dazzadazza
udonmap.com

Post by dazzadazza » May 17, 2021, 8:36 am

Whistler wrote:
May 16, 2021, 9:26 pm
There is a seller in my village, sells plenty of ice, well protected by a village guy in a brown uniform. I have no idea about moisture content.
Can you ask the seller in your village the price per KG?
Your local village customer service guy's number for any issues.
Also a free sample to check the moisture content would be good.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 17, 2021, 11:08 am

dazzadazza wrote:
May 17, 2021, 8:36 am
Whistler wrote:
May 16, 2021, 9:26 pm
Can you ask the seller in your village the price per KG?
Your local village customer service guy's number for any issues.
Also a free sample to check the moisture content would be good.
55. It comes with the distinct chance for free accommodation in a covid superspreader establishment called MHouse.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”