pharmacy comparison shopping

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 17, 2014, 8:49 pm

Maybe not for everyone.....but if you want to comparison shop your pharmacy needs, the ground floor of Central offers a perfect opportunity. P&F Central, Boots, Watsons.....all within feet of each other.....and all with a variety of prices on the same items.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 17, 2014, 9:04 pm

Ive always used the old Chinese guy close to Talad Ban Huay , just round the corner from Pompisai Rd a few meters from the traffic lights ,,, big saving on meds compared to others i tried.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » April 17, 2014, 9:33 pm

Cheapest med i have got is from the Military Hospital just have to see the doctor at 50 bht a visit . The most expensive was Wattana Hospital . :evil:

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » April 18, 2014, 1:45 am

The market across from Ban Huay is pretty helpful sometimes, but many times I have found that he is a very good business man. There is another pharmacy about a few hundred meters North of him, nearly across from the Krung Thai Bank, where in the last two years, they have given me the absolute best prices on medications, sometimes even recommending lower cost alternatives.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » April 18, 2014, 6:51 am

A thing to remember when comparing prices is to compare the same brand name. The same medicine may be available under numerous brand names however, all may not have the same efficacy. The active ingredient could come from several different countries and and still be made here in Thailand. The lowest quality (efficacy) normally comes from China followed by India. Developed western countries such as the US, UK, Canada, AU etc all rate at the top of the list but usually will cost more even though they are made here in Thailand as well. You can learn more about this issue by stopping in to see Mr Somsak (speaks excellent English) who runs his well known pharmacy on Posri Rd opposite the Kasikorn Bank.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 18, 2014, 8:34 am

My apologies, folks. I'm one of those fortunate ones who don't take daily meds.......a bit of h2o2 to clean wounds, some band aids, skin cream, eye drops, etc. was all I was looking at. But I did notice that prices varied considerably between the three shops.......all air conditioned, all conveniently,located next to each other, all,with friendly counter staff.

If I was looking for meds to keep my heart going, I agree with the others......I'd go to Somsaks1 or Somsaks2.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 18, 2014, 8:43 am

Further from you post above about the 3 shops & 'general' items.
Watsons I often stroll into to look if they have any offers on.
They often have buy 1 get 1 for 1 baht or free offers that make for a very cheap buy on liquid soaps & associated products.
The next week the product is back to 'normal' & so, effectively nearly double what you could have paid.
I tend to buy in there when they have offers, rather than taking the gamble that they will have an offer when I am actually running out.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » April 18, 2014, 8:59 am

i always go to the big pharmacy supplier on ponpisai road , boots , watsons bloody expensive...
also some of the small pharmacies... ;)

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”