Villa Market on the move?

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 26, 2015, 10:34 am

bumper wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:20 baht is 20 baht ... 40p Sterling ... definately not a sinister amount of cash ..

Not having a dig at VM or any other "big boys" but 20 bt off every customer every day in every store that checks out certainly adds up to a sizable sum .... i would think 99.9 % of customers take it for granted their bills when checking out are correct and the shelf price matches that on the bill ... another angle is the store changes its price on the computer / POS system but the floor staff dont bother to change to shelf price or its a slow process with over lap .. either way the issue needs addressing.

dm

I would imagine the floor staff not changing the prices or someone not doing their job in changing the price At the register.

Either way Ray, poor management-supervision, doesn't inspire confidence to shop there.

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 26, 2015, 11:24 am

so was the real price 229 baht but you were lucky to get it at 10 baht discount as someone missed changing the old price ? pretty good service for Thailand I think myself.
anyway looking forward to the opening :D more opportunities for sales =D>
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 26, 2015, 12:10 pm

Trubrit, if you use that thought don't think your going to have many places to shop Around here :lol: :lol: :lol: I doubt we will see the same kind of thing we are used to in Bangkok with Villa it;s to far away from he original source. I met the owner there years ago. He had worked in the U.S. Commisary during the war. His standards were high as far as I could tell. The mangement leaves things to be desired such a when thye run out things gettign them replaced. I think I know why now. Just something else to move later. I still remember trips to Bangkok to get items they carry and you couldn't get here. Not perfect but aq bettr deal then before ;)

We went by trying the new location, it's not open yet. But it will be on the rail road side across from the Soi 2 sign
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » June 27, 2015, 8:43 pm

Yes the Old Big C has a price scanner located at the beginning of aisle # 4 ..
20150627_142738-1.jpg

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » March 26, 2016, 7:58 pm

Seen today at UD town...Building along the railway tracks.
VILLA-1.jpg
VILLA-2.jpg

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » March 26, 2016, 8:39 pm

All I know with Villa.. is 3 TIMES we have had to take back smoked salmon cos as soon as we opened the pack we all virtually threw up at the stench! Also today 26/3.. nearly 5 quid for a packet of weetabix.. sigh..I was REALLY wanting some! But there are limits to even MY stupidity.
Anyone here know anywhere to buy vegetarian stuff in Udon.. I know.. I am a pussy blah blah.. but its my choice. getting a little tired of vegetables.. ;-)
Yeah.. I too heard they were moving to UD.. but no-one seemed to no when.. especially the staff and manager.

mac1966
udonmap.com

Re: Villa Market on the move?

Post by mac1966 » March 26, 2016, 10:44 pm

Bought some pork sausage and was sick for a few days afterwards

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » April 3, 2016, 10:17 am

In regards to the salmon and sausage... I believe both problems lay in the way they were first shipped, or most probably how the products were handled after they arrived here in Thailand, and eventually shipped up here to Udon. Not with Villa. I believe that many Thais still don't understand how to maintain product integrity, and quality. IMO.

Liam, at the entrance to Villa, most days, there are a couple of folding tables set up with "bargain items" on them. Many of the items are close to the expiry date, however they are still good. I have bought Weetabix off the table at 50% off, and they stayed fresh for months afterward. :D Of course one has to be there at right time to get some of these bargains, or someone like me may come along first and buy three boxes. :lol:

I'm looking forward to Villa's move to a easy, convenient location.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » June 30, 2016, 4:18 pm

Saw new larger Villa Relocation signs all over the front of the UD Food Court facing the road.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 30, 2016, 6:14 pm

Was there think Monday, ask if moving, got the answer couple of months. Seems like I heard that last year? :lol:

Joe61

Post by Joe61 » July 1, 2016, 1:48 pm

I spoke with Tata, the manager of Villa Market today. She informed me the UD Town branch of VM will open on or around August 3rd. She said, they will continue to operate at Landmark, but at a reduced capacity Tata said UD Town will be their main branch. I hope they have dedicated parking for VM customers.

Joe

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » July 1, 2016, 4:03 pm

They had dedicated parking at Landmark but the Thais ignored it and the attendant, when there, did not want to tell a hiso Thai he could not park there. Many times all of the "Reserved for Villa" slots were filled and almost no one in the store.

I would sometimes complain to Tata but there was little she could do.

Dingo
udonmap.com

Post by Dingo » August 9, 2016, 3:57 am

I have been told Villa @ UD Town will open on August 12?
Can anyone confirm a date when the doors will be officially open and all stock will be available?
When in BKK, I always use Villa on Soi 33, Sukhumvit. A great variety and at reasonable prices. I hope Udon has the same or better range of products?
Any replies with a confirmed opening date would be very much appreciated.

Have a good one
Dingo

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » August 9, 2016, 6:55 am

Yes, advertise for 12 August. I believe it will be directly (to the right as you exit) the Tesco Lotus' main front entrance.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 9, 2016, 7:21 am

Fine going there during the day but when the car park is filled with stalls and the locals selling their wares, going to landmark will be the same as going to Tescos a bloody shambles with no parking and too many people . A place to stay away from in the afternoon and evenings especially at the weekend. In fact unless AM Mon to Fri stay away all together, place is a nightmare as well as almost zero parking

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 9, 2016, 8:01 am

UD Town does have parking across the railroad tracks by the Nong Bua Park.. In the late afternoons they open a grade crossing allowing cars and pedestrians to cross the track there. Remember too that the old concrete rail loading platform by McDonald's has been removed, the adjacent rail tracks removed, the entire plot leveled and concreted providing perhaps 50 more parking spaces right beside the new Villa location. You're right though about the dearth of parking later in the afternoons and evenings.. I guess that's a reflection on the popularity of UD Town.. Remember when it was first being built and some Forum members swore a "walking mall in Thailand won't work!"....
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 9, 2016, 9:05 am

FrazeeDK wrote:Remember when it was first being built and some Forum members swore a "walking mall in Thailand won't work!"....
Guilty as charged. But I have to hand it to the management.......they've invested into the ambiance of the place over the years...... new trees, lots of landscaping, night market, and frequent events, especially geared toward the younger crowd. It's a nice, and now proven, addition to the Udon landscape.

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » August 9, 2016, 10:31 am

Khun Paul wrote:Fine going there during the day but when the car park is filled with stalls and the locals selling their wares, going to landmark will be the same as going to Tescos a bloody shambles with no parking and too many people . A place to stay away from in the afternoon and evenings especially at the weekend. In fact unless AM Mon to Fri stay away all together, place is a nightmare as well as almost zero parking
Certainly agree with all that, and have adhered to it for a couple of years now.
Still the big question for me is: What time will Villa UD Town open in the morning?. Intelligent Business sense would dictate they will open at the same time as Tesco Lotus UD Town. But, as usual, I need to constantly remind myself: TIT?

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » August 9, 2016, 11:26 am

They might try opening early for couple weeks, but doubt it will last. Same as LandMark location, why bother.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 9, 2016, 12:32 pm

FrazeeDK wrote: Remember when it was first being built and some Forum members swore a "walking mall in Thailand won't work!"....
I was one of them and still eating all the humble pie.

I read it has been voted best regional market in Thailand.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”