Lazada

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Lazada

Post by Charlieb » September 4, 2016, 10:19 am

I am confused by the Lazada web site. I see what seems to me the same item with the same extras listed many times with different prices. Am I missing something here? Can any of the frequent Lazada users explain?

I am easily confused :-?

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: Lazada

Post by semperfiguy » September 4, 2016, 10:27 am

Charlieb wrote:I am confused by the Lazada web site. I see what seems to me the same item with the same extras listed many times with different prices. Am I missing something here? Can any of the frequent Lazada users explain?

Charlieb, you're absolutely correct. The difference in price is because they are coming from different vendors who sell the same products through Lazada. So, if you see something you like then I suggest you keep scrolling down the page looking for the best price from another vendor.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » September 4, 2016, 10:38 am

CORRECT Lazada , Alibaba, Amazon are operating in a similar manner. They are the windows on a multitude of shops. So you could end up with 2-3 shops selling the same item at different prices. Lazada will indicate who is the seller ( see below ). One important point to check is the warranty offered by every sellers since they might greatly differ. So should you order let s say 3 different items from Lazada supplied by 3 different sellers you would then get 3 different deliveries.
Have a nice day
LAZA.jpg
LAZA.jpg (20.57 KiB) Viewed 4826 times
LAZA-2.jpg
LAZA-2.jpg (7.17 KiB) Viewed 4826 times

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » September 4, 2016, 11:08 am

Well pointed out. Not exactly fine print, but you do need to read all when doing your online shopping. I'm hooked myself. Banggood, ebay, Lazada and AliExpress as a last resort. Lazada if price match, as faster delivery, less than a week and most things COD . Banggood and ebay have been about 10 days or less lately =D> where previous, shy of a month was normal..... AND importantly PayPal......seem to get something on average of once a week :roll:

Rarely a problem, and always sorted w/ BG ebay LAZ. Can't say the same with AliExpress, 2 not so happy experiences with them.

I also avoid any vendor selling / shipping via DHL, especially if expensive item or heavy / large, as guaranteed a slight delay and customs duty. Even if shipping is free, I avoid. To top it off, DHL doesn't even deliver here, they pass it to the postal system, so what are you paying for......except to get screwed w/duty. :evil:

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 4, 2016, 12:10 pm

I noticed something new on my last order from Lazada.This appeared at the bottom of my email order confirmation. This item was being shipped from China. This notice gave me some relief from being anxious about being ripped off by customs.

What you need to know about your overseas purchase:

•  Fully covered by Lazada’s T&Cs and specificOverseas Product T&Cs.

•  You do not need to pay any duties. If asked to, please call Lazada immediately. If you have already paid duties, send us proof of payment for reimbursement.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » September 4, 2016, 2:08 pm

THANKS......Nice to know, and didn't notice on my most recent order.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » September 4, 2016, 2:55 pm

Thanks for the shopping lesson

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » September 4, 2016, 8:39 pm

How do you avoid customs and other fees when ordering from Amazon, E-Bay, etc.?

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » September 4, 2016, 9:07 pm

I believe I read on Amazons website that they cover the customs duty costs. It's included in the shipping, which is why their shipping cost to Thailand is so expensive.

With Ebay your often dealing with small sellers. If you want to stay under customs radar, I think the value limit for paying duty is 1,000 baht.

Heres the rules:
http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connec ... ostalitems+

Note: From my limited experience, Customs seems to always look at FedEx/UPS shipments. Regular un-registered air mail seems to not be checked as much.
UFF DA!

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » September 4, 2016, 9:19 pm

pm sent

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 5, 2016, 7:10 am

The information shared above is most illuminating as I have never tried buying online, but feel that Lazada is the way forward, as no financial dealings on line ( security concerns ). So with all the information as stated posted I feel more comfortable. Thanks

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 5, 2016, 8:57 am

Jello wrote:Note: ... Regular un-registered air mail seems to not be checked as much.
Data point: Mine was, a pair of shoes. Paid a non-trivial amount in duty.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » September 5, 2016, 2:09 pm

Khun Paul wrote: financial dealings on line ( security concerns ).
I have one credit card (with a low limit) that I use for on-line purchases. I've never had a problem with it, but doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

The one time that I did have a problem was with another credit card that I used exclusively at restaurant's and hotels during my last visit to the US. About a month after my return I checked my on-line statement and found a on-line purchase that I didn't make. I contacted the company (e-mail) where the purchase was made and they responded with what was bought, the address it was sent to and the e-mail address that was used (which was a Hotmail account set up in my name, but not mine!) I forwarded this information to my credit card company and they reversed the charges.

So the lesson I learned is to always check my credit card statements frequently.

Also, some credit cards websites now have on-line security feature that allow you to set purchase limits, have a automatic e-mail sent to you when your card is used, or turn the card off from making any purchases until you turn it back on.
UFF DA!

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » September 5, 2016, 4:23 pm

Charlieb wrote:I am confused by the Lazada web site. I see what seems to me the same item with the same extras listed many times with different prices. Am I missing something here? Can any of the frequent Lazada users explain?

You should also look, if item is new, used or refurbished. Lazada has all of those and you can exclude those from search result using filters on left or you own head. If price is half of the price of the other similar products, it can not be a brand new one.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » September 5, 2016, 4:35 pm

My wife and I have used Lazada on several occasions, paying, COD. No problems, except with an exercise bicycle, now collected for repair/replacement. I think everything we've had is ex-China, including the bicycle, a large trampoline, bedding. Oh, did have some add-on for the trampoline delivery, because a bulky item.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » September 28, 2020, 7:36 pm

Just had an Email from Lazada
"We are sorry to inform you that the item(s) from Order #325209420725002 as listed in Order Details below has been cancelled due to errors occurred with this order.

We understand that it is dissapointing for your item to be cancelled. We truly apologize and hope that you can find other products on Lazada. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.
If you have already paid for the items, please rest assured that your refund is now being processed.You will receive an email within 24 hours to notify when it has been issued."

I waited everyday in excitement for my Tablet. I am so sad! :cry:
Had another delivery not appear. tracked it, said already delivered! The signature, shows a "Tick"
Next day it gets delivered! Strange! :roll:

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 28, 2020, 7:49 pm

Had the same message last week for an item I ordered. That's why I will only ever do COD. All in all Lazada provide a great service.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 29, 2020, 7:58 am

Morning guys and girls !

My Lazada shop didn't have my Purina Dog Food.out of stock the 15 kilo bag.Thought i have a go at Shopee,got the Dog food for 1.934 Bath which is a "good"price for that food.
Then i also checked memorys (8GB Deskstop Kingston 1 stick)around 934 Bath)very good price i think.So Shopee is now my to-go Online shop together with Lazada.I always pay COD,and happy to see that Shopee had that option.Lets see if the memorys for China shows up..dogfood gets delivered tomorrow..I'm so far a happy Shopee customer..

Have a great day everyone..//DD..:-)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 29, 2020, 8:20 am

Just had my first ever experience of Lazada ................

been waiting for over a week to get an air pump delivered.
just got e mail to say refund on the way
Only been out of house for 52 mins last Thurs lunch time to visit atm
No note left to say they tried to deliver
No message to say it will be redelivered
No info where I can collect it from
No attempt to leave it with a neighbour
Just sent it back out of the country again

Just had my Last ever experience of Lazada

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 29, 2020, 9:48 am

stattointhailand wrote:
September 29, 2020, 8:20 am
Just had my first ever experience of Lazada ................

been waiting for over a week to get an air pump delivered.
just got e mail to say refund on the way
Only been out of house for 52 mins last Thurs lunch time to visit atm
No note left to say they tried to deliver
No message to say it will be redelivered
No info where I can collect it from
No attempt to leave it with a neighbour
Just sent it back out of the country again

Just had my Last ever experience of Lazada
They don't leave notes, leave it with neighbors (unless you advise then to), offer to do re-delivery or send emails; that's all sort of amazon and UPS. In my experience, they call at least twice before delivery. The first time the day before to say it's coming, then the morning of delivery to say it's in a van so make sure someone's at home and finally the delivery guy calls to confirm the address or ask for directions.

Having said that, they do have a few newer courier/delivery companies on their roster now so it is possible they cocked it up.

Did you keep tabs via the tracking number?

Was it COD or had you pre-paid?

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”