Camera Repair shop

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
bumper
udonmap.com

Camera Repair shop

Post by bumper » February 14, 2018, 1:31 pm

I have Go Pro Hero 4 that needs repair. Anyone know of a shop ?

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Re: Camera Repair shop

Post by Wee Jimmy » February 14, 2018, 1:49 pm

There was a camera repair shop on the ground floor of Big C. Next to Amorn. Maybe someone could confirm if it's still there.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 14, 2018, 2:28 pm

Thanks JImmy it's still there. But, I donlt think they do repairs I will check it.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » February 14, 2018, 2:40 pm

I think you're referring to Big Camera. I'm not sure they have anyone in house for repairs, other than sending it off to Bangkok, with quite a while waiting. The same with most camera shops, I would imagine. I've a minor issue (date/time not 'holding') with my camera and in spite of following online Canon advice, new battery etc., still can't rectify. Think I'll just wait until I'm next in BKK and take it with me then. I got nowhere in the tiny shop along a little from the Rock House going towards the clock roundabout, but you may want to try him.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 14, 2018, 7:48 pm

the Big C camera repair guy moved over a year ago. The stall beside Amorn where he worked has his cards. He now resides off Rte 2 just north of NonSoong roughly 12km south of the Ring Road.. I had a Sony camera, a pretty nice one that I dropped that didn't work properly.. After a few calls to the fellow from his business card we finally found his place. He had the camera fixed in a couple of days....
Dave

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » February 15, 2018, 5:14 am

Oh, so there was an independent guy working NEAR Big Camera, not in it.
Shame he's moved from a central location.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 15, 2018, 7:47 am

Thanks I will give it a try. I was thinking of the one inside
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 15, 2018, 6:27 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
February 14, 2018, 7:48 pm
the Big C camera repair guy moved over a year ago. The stall beside Amorn where he worked has his cards. He now resides off Rte 2 just north of NonSoong roughly 12km south of the Ring Road.. I had a Sony camera, a pretty nice one that I dropped that didn't work properly.. After a few calls to the fellow from his business card we finally found his place. He had the camera fixed in a couple of days....
Got a contact number ?

Sorry missed the part about the cards

Thanks

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 24, 2018, 4:33 pm

shoot, sorry. here's the Street View, mind you its back from 2014. Head to Non Soong. Before the hill you'll see the dairy co-op on your left. Take the U-Turn there then an immediate left down the soi. Its just on your right. The guy and his wife run a noodle stand right beside the house pictured.. As I recall he has a big banner sign with a picture of a camera on it... Best to pick up the card by Amorn first and give the guy a call. https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.29548 ... 312!8i6656
Dave

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 25, 2018, 7:51 am

Boy that is some map. I have Google maps and use it never saw that before. Ordered a used one out of the UK. Still a good idea to get this one fixed

Thanks

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 3, 2018, 10:49 am

I did go looking for this guy, on the basis of "12 kms from the ring road". Wife with me and said that's a dairy, well before 12 Kms. Anyway, u-turned, then immediate left, down soi. No joy. I want to find the right guy. Having to come back via Big C, stopped to collect a card. Map on back in Thai, which wife still has to translate for me. So, those of you who have found the guy ex Big C, is his 'company' C-SA (dealing camera, telephone, tablet repairs) and has telephone numbers 083 2854445 and 085 9258707? Thanks.
Have to take car to Honda for service next week, so hopefully can find him on same journey.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 3, 2018, 11:38 am

I found the map near useless. the wife had to call the guy to get clearer instructions... Go past the 4 lane road on your left (goes to the new/old industrial park), then the dairy co-op is on your right (big plastic cow in front) get in the right lane and turn at the U-Turn then an immediate left. At the head of the soi is a Used car dealer building (Rot Ban).. Go just down the street and its on your right.. He has the banner sign up on his house with C-SA..
Dave

valiant
udonmap.com

Post by valiant » March 3, 2018, 12:23 pm

Hi we have been to the camera shop this week and followed the instructions above no problem, the shop is set back on the right behind their noodle shop, would advise you take a thai with you as english is limited this is the phone number 0859258707

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 4, 2018, 11:19 am

I contacted the guy by phone wouldn't work on a Go Pro. Thanks for the information

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”