Bakers in Udon

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
User avatar
Owld Feller
udonmap.com
Posts: 106
Joined: June 25, 2014, 4:30 pm

Bakers in Udon

Post by Owld Feller » August 3, 2018, 5:52 pm

Can anyone please recommend a baker in Udon that sells tasty uncut loaves & rolls.

If they also sell fruit loaves (spiced or unspiced) that would be a big bonus.

Many thanks in advance.



User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10016
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by 747man » August 3, 2018, 5:54 pm

Owld Feller wrote:
August 3, 2018, 5:52 pm
Can anyone please recommend a baker in Udon that sells tasty uncut loaves & rolls.

If they also sell fruit loaves (spiced or unspiced) that would be a big bonus.

Many thanks in advance.
I Think Dean does those ..... :? :?

User avatar
Faraday
udonmap.com
Posts: 492
Joined: December 4, 2015, 10:53 pm

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by Faraday » August 3, 2018, 8:10 pm

747man wrote:
August 3, 2018, 5:54 pm
Owld Feller wrote:
August 3, 2018, 5:52 pm
Can anyone please recommend a baker in Udon that sells tasty uncut loaves & rolls.

If they also sell fruit loaves (spiced or unspiced) that would be a big bonus.

Many thanks in advance.
I Think Dean does those ..... :? :?
Yup, Dean has some great Brown Bread.

\:D/ \:D/

User avatar
boes
udonmap.com
Posts: 328
Joined: March 8, 2008, 1:13 am
Location: Right here....

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by boes » August 3, 2018, 10:50 pm

And for the rest of :confused: us: Who and where is this Dean ?? :confused: :confused:

hearthelp
udonmap.com
Posts: 16
Joined: March 17, 2017, 2:49 pm

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by hearthelp » August 4, 2018, 12:05 am

boes wrote:
August 3, 2018, 10:50 pm
And for the rest of :confused: us: Who and where is this Dean ?? :confused: :confused:
Even more confusing is how the OP knows of him already as early as August 2016 and is asking a "Baker" question as if he doesn't. :-k

2016
post463874.html#p463874

Image

January 2018
post505115.html#p505115

Image

Sport
udonmap.com
Posts: 1214
Joined: October 30, 2006, 10:13 pm
Location: LA USA
Contact:

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by Sport » August 4, 2018, 12:42 am

This may be an interesting post.

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 2409
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by papafarang » August 4, 2018, 4:42 am

well it could be they don't know I have moved rob, I have heard lately that i'm no longer trading . also heard I ran off with a ladyboy , not been around as I've been in prison and I'm also dead. malicious rumors are funny. but hey it amuses people . but anyway still in business. but not an advertiser.
the world is not my home, I'm just a passenger

User avatar
kopkei
udonmap.com
Posts: 1388
Joined: August 27, 2010, 6:55 am

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by kopkei » August 4, 2018, 6:44 am

what about baking your own bread ? not difficult at all and cheap ... ;)
DSC00891 (Copy).JPG
DSC00893 (Copy).JPG

User avatar
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com
Posts: 188
Joined: April 28, 2018, 10:36 am

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by Old Grumpy » August 4, 2018, 6:50 am

I like and get most of my bakery products from the japanese bakery alongside Tops in the center, they have everything mentioned in the Op but my favourite is the breakfast muffins, four in a pack for 36bht .

goodison
udonmap.com
Posts: 472
Joined: August 29, 2008, 3:57 pm
Location: udon Thani
Contact:

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by goodison » August 4, 2018, 7:29 am

Last Friday I picked up, mince & Onion Pie, Chicken & Ham Pie, Steak & Mushroom Pie, Cottage Pie, Apple Pie from "Papa Farang's on the Hansa Estate just off the Kutchap road. All delicious. Oh, plus a jar of Beetroot in Apple Cider Vinegar. Doesn't get much better than that!

stereolab
udonmap.com
Posts: 247
Joined: June 12, 2014, 11:20 am

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by stereolab » August 4, 2018, 8:22 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
August 4, 2018, 6:50 am
I like and get most of my bakery products from the japanese bakery alongside Tops in the center, they have everything mentioned in the Op but my favourite is the breakfast muffins, four in a pack for 36bht .
Yes indeed, the Yamazaki shop is a godsend.

cactus
udonmap.com
Posts: 56
Joined: February 6, 2012, 10:02 am

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by cactus » August 4, 2018, 8:39 am

yup, papafarangs new york rye bread is a winner 4 me. bake some more dean ive run out. :lol:

User avatar
BobHelm
udonmap.com
Posts: 18404
Joined: September 7, 2005, 11:58 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by BobHelm » August 4, 2018, 10:05 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
August 4, 2018, 6:50 am
I like and get most of my bakery products from the japanese bakery alongside Tops in the center, they have everything mentioned in the Op but my favourite is the breakfast muffins, four in a pack for 36bht .
I would agree with Old Grumpy's recommendation.
Their baguettes are the best I have found outside Laos..

User avatar
Alchai
udonmap.com
Posts: 255
Joined: January 26, 2009, 8:06 pm
Location: In the boat

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by Alchai » August 4, 2018, 11:33 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
August 4, 2018, 6:50 am
I like and get most of my bakery products from the japanese bakery alongside Tops in the center, they have everything mentioned in the Op but my favourite is the breakfast muffins, four in a pack for 36bht .
I have a friend that is a baker there so I get a lot of free bread etc. almost every day. Some products a very nice but it must be said that there is a LOT of suger in all of their stuff.
We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now

User avatar
silverback
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: August 4, 2018, 11:23 am

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by silverback » August 4, 2018, 11:33 am

papafarang wrote:
August 4, 2018, 4:42 am
well it could be they don't know I have moved rob, I have heard lately that i'm no longer trading . also heard I ran off with a ladyboy , not been around as I've been in prison and I'm also dead. malicious rumors are funny. but hey it amuses people . but anyway still in business. but not an advertiser.
Dean, I have tried to find your place a few times, but have not been able. I've seen your baked goods recommended many times on here and wish I could find you.

For the benefit of myself and the OP, can you clarify where you are located or is it best to schedule a visit? Feel free to PM me if easier.

User avatar
mathusalah80
udonmap.com
Posts: 1397
Joined: November 4, 2011, 1:51 pm

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by mathusalah80 » August 4, 2018, 1:22 pm

papafarang wrote:
August 4, 2018, 4:42 am
well it could be they don't know I have moved rob, I have heard lately that i'm no longer trading . also heard I ran off with a ladyboy , not been around as I've been in prison and I'm also dead. malicious rumors are funny. but hey it amuses people . but anyway still in business. but not an advertiser.[/quote]


555 555 Or could it be that you have acquired some great friends over the years! [-X But had to have a chuckle imagining you writing the last five words with a straight face; clever play on words, mate \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

User avatar
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com
Posts: 188
Joined: April 28, 2018, 10:36 am

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by Old Grumpy » August 4, 2018, 3:53 pm

I forgot to add their butter croissants at just 20bht each are as nice as any I have had outside France .i will admit they do have a lot of very sweet pastries etc , but that is what Thai like, but the bread and croissants are not sweet at all . I couldn't eat them if they were, I hate sweet in food .

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 2409
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by papafarang » August 5, 2018, 7:10 am

silverback wrote:
August 4, 2018, 11:33 am
papafarang wrote:
August 4, 2018, 4:42 am
well it could be they don't know I have moved rob, I have heard lately that i'm no longer trading . also heard I ran off with a ladyboy , not been around as I've been in prison and I'm also dead. malicious rumors are funny. but hey it amuses people . but anyway still in business. but not an advertiser.
Dean, I have tried to find your place a few times, but have not been able. I've seen your baked goods recommended many times on here and wish I could find you.

For the benefit of myself and the OP, can you clarify where you are located or is it best to schedule a visit? Feel free to PM me if easier.
sorry as a new member I am unable to PM you
the world is not my home, I'm just a passenger

User avatar
silverback
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: August 4, 2018, 11:23 am

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by silverback » August 5, 2018, 10:19 am

Sorry, I forgot about that! I had an older ID which I rarely used other than viewing, but lost the email password associated, so just made a new one yesterday. I had driven around near the military base and golf course in the past (per the map on your site), but was not able to see your store.

Anyways, looking for hamburger and hot dog rolls, so would love to be able to locate your shop. I just re-visited your web site and see a phone number there, so I will ring you.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3592
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Bakers in Udon

Post by tamada » August 5, 2018, 10:43 am

Thus the 'secret' endures...

Post Reply

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”