Ajahn Khai Sak Yant Udon Thani

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
SeekingSakYant
udonmap.com

Ajahn Khai Sak Yant Udon Thani

Post by SeekingSakYant » August 9, 2018, 3:14 pm

There is a FaceBook Page for this Ajahn's Sam Nak. However, the phone number listed is no longer in service. Also, the Google map Pin Drop for his Sam Nak is NOT where it is supposed to be haha, my wife and I drove to it today and believe me, we were disappointed.
So, if any of my fellow Farangs know anyone who has gotten work done by him, i would appreciate finding out how to get ahold of him. A Pin Drop at where you know his Sam Nak is would be awesome. Or, if anyone knows a local who gets Sak Yant done by him that can FaceBook Messenger with my wife would be nice too.
I have all the time in the world, so please accurate info only.
In the Chiang Pin sub-district a local told us he is in Non Bok, which is on the East side of Udon Thani, unfortunately that's the only real information we were able to get today.
Also, does anyone think it would be a smart move to go to a Wat and ask around? He WAS a Monk after all. Someone else had posted his picture from when he did Sak Yant in Nong Bua Lamphu from anout 7 years ago.
Thanks for your time and consideration

"To care for him who shall have borne the Battle, and for his Widow, and his Orphan." -A.Lincoln

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” -Mark Twain

Cambodia is the South East Asian equivalent of Alabama and Louisiana and their cousin humpin Mississippi states of Merica

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Ajahn Khai Sak Yant Udon Thani

Post by parrot » August 9, 2018, 3:40 pm

Please send the facebook link that you refer to. I might be able to track the monk down on Thai websites

SeekingSakYant
udonmap.com

Post by SeekingSakYant » August 9, 2018, 3:45 pm

"To care for him who shall have borne the Battle, and for his Widow, and his Orphan." -A.Lincoln

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” -Mark Twain

Cambodia is the South East Asian equivalent of Alabama and Louisiana and their cousin humpin Mississippi states of Merica

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 9, 2018, 7:00 pm

Bingo. He can be reached at 0610540030.
As I read the tea leaves, Ajahn Khai is not a monk.....but someone who is respected as a 'teacher'. I don't think he resides in a temple. His home is in the Ban Noon Bok community.......as you're heading from the airport toward the KK highway, the community is on the left hand side.
I called the number to be sure it's correct........it is......he wasn't at home at the time, but that's the number to call.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

SeekingSakYant
udonmap.com

Post by SeekingSakYant » August 9, 2018, 7:23 pm

O.M.G. Parrot you are awesome, and yes i was aware he was no longer in the Monkhood, i was just pointing out that 7 years ago someone here on the Forums had posted a couple of pictures of him while he was.
I didn't even register he was the same person, because Ting Tong(the person who got Sak Yant done by him here in the forums) named him in the photos as Leung Pi Gai(Leung is like Elder Brother in the Monkhood).
My wife found his Facebook page on a Google search, and then i notice the Sak Yant on his right arm matched up and i put 2 and 2 together.
You have made my day sir! It's one thing to get tattoo work done, but i hope this will be an experience i will be able to share with my children some day.
If you ever wanna get together some day for a good meal hit me up on here(i will share comtact info through Private Message)and i will get the wife to cook a good Isaan Thai meal;)

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 10, 2018, 1:22 pm

Glad to help. I was looking for that elusive reason #1798 to learn a bit of Thai. I found it. Hope all works out well for you and Ajahn Gai.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 10, 2018, 5:14 pm

Was looking for information and ran across this. Neither local nor cheap, but you might find it interesting.

http://www.thesiamhotel.com/sak-yant-tattoo

SeekingSakYant
udonmap.com

Post by SeekingSakYant » August 10, 2018, 7:18 pm

Thank you Parrot, i went and got my first Sak yant today! The Gao Yord, or Master Yant, should always be the first Yant a student receives from their Ajahn. I look forward to going back and delving even deeper into this ancient Tradition.
UdonMap, thank you i will definitely look into that website! Wat Nom outside of Udon also claims to do Sak Yant, however, my wife showed me the website, and there was photos of someone using a modern tattoo gun, and that just turned me of, i wanted to go for the old way, of course no one really tattoos with a bamboo stick anymore lol, but at least it was Hand Poked(metal rod).
Attachments
1533882719954.jpg

Chanelr13

Post by Chanelr13 » May 25, 2019, 2:10 am

I’m so happy to have found your post in the information about getting a Sak yant tattoo in Udon. We will be visiting family there in a couple of months and I’ve been searching for a place that a few of us can have this done. Can you give me any more information about Ajarn Khai please? We will only be there for a few days, I was wondering if I should message him to make an appointment and also, what the cost was. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 25, 2019, 8:53 pm

The Thai government isn't too keen on palefaces getting religious tattoos in their Kingdom. I'd read up on it before considering it.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 26, 2019, 9:38 am

Giggle wrote:
May 25, 2019, 8:53 pm
The Thai government isn't too keen on palefaces getting religious tattoos in their Kingdom. I'd read up on it before considering it.
Maybe if the foreigner is a dedicated Buddhist ensconced in a meditation wat for a number of years, the government might be more lenient. However, clearly they would not appreciate the foreigner who wants to be trendy with a goal of showing off his cool religious tattoo to his cool friends.
Sri Lanka & Thailand

Sri Lanka has seen many arrests within the last decade due to travelers and expats exposing or showing their Buddha/Buddhist tattoos in public.

Sri Lanka as a country has extremely strong Buddhist beliefs, and as such, the government is very sensitive about their religion being defaced in any way – especially when an ‘outsider’ is seen displaying a tattoo that marks something so symbolic within the country.

Like Sri Lanka, Thailand is also cracking down on tourists who expose religious-themed tattoos. The Thai government states that they believe religious tattoos to be culturally inappropriate and that they erode the respect of the native religions.

Non religious tattoos in these countries are typically fine, and as both countries have established themselves as leading tourist destinations, locals are typically pretty accepting of foreigners who have tattoos.
https://www.mappingmegan.com/illegal-ta ... t-allowed/
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

SeekingSakYant
udonmap.com

Post by SeekingSakYant » June 5, 2019, 5:49 pm

I have had no problems with my Sak Yant, no one even appears to notice them, probably because they were done by an Ajahn who would refuse to put a Sak Yant in an improper place on my body. I have almost a dozen now and have even participated in Wai Kru.

Sorry i missed your original post Chanelr13, he can be found at Soi 4 Pon Bok Sub District of Udon Thani. It's really close to the airport. His house is easy to spot as it is gated and has Rooster Statues.

Chanelr13

Post by Chanelr13 » June 18, 2019, 1:35 am

Thank you so much for your help. My mother is from Udon, She recently had a stroke but it was always her dream for us all to travel here together. We thought this would be a great way to honor her and her culture.

DaanJH

Post by DaanJH » March 29, 2023, 8:04 pm

Hi there everybody!

Due this topic I also had the honor to find ‘Ajarn Kei’ (his actual name as he told me). Ajarn went to monastery on the age of 14, where he was taught the art of Sak Yant by his master until the age of 28. Ajarn earned several awards for being the best ‘Bamboo Master’ of Udon Thani.

The day before yesterday, I did pay him a visit. I did quite some research, as in what I wished for a tattoo. I did select several in my mind and had some footage to show. Together we decided what was best for me, but I did just have him mu trust do chose what is best for my body and soul.

After six hours, my first 4 Sak Yant’s were completed. Quite a long sit, especially when you face come back problems ey. The sensitivity was quite ok, I actually expected it to be more painful. I’ve tried to focus on the prayers he was playing with a boombox and focus on my breathing.

Six hours was enough for a day. So we agreed to continue the day after tomorrow, what is today. And yet today, I’ve spent another six hours with him. Hereby some photos in the attachment..!

Kind Regards,

Daan
Attachments
35865C47-C30B-4D16-9CB5-77DEB48CEFCE.jpeg
46CAA4A6-8C49-4DA7-863B-46A4818FF4DD.jpeg
612E13CF-3993-451D-BDA2-9F2ED394CAC1.jpeg
25BB1683-D614-4984-B4B0-88DD039C4C43.jpeg
9CA2BDE7-DCB6-4539-88B4-C16B9286F092.jpeg

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 30, 2023, 11:58 am

I am glad I was brought up in an era that frowned upon tattoos except for military people and criminals. However, yours are interesting.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 30, 2023, 12:17 pm

I completly understand freedom of choice etc, but westerners getting religous buddhist tattoo's blows my mind... Unless of course you are heavily into Buddhism and deeply religous or your into Thailand only...

DaanJH

Post by DaanJH » March 30, 2023, 3:49 pm

fatbob wrote:
March 30, 2023, 12:17 pm
I completly understand freedom of choice etc, but westerners getting religous buddhist tattoo's blows my mind... Unless of course you are heavily into Buddhism and deeply religous or your into Thailand only...
I do get your point. But I certainly do believe, that we are all children of Mother Earth and race is just a ‘modern’ term in this matter. I might not be ‘heavily into Buddhism,’ I might not be ‘heavily into what kind of believe,’ but that doesn’t mean I strongly van believe in certain parts of it, which are meaningful to me as an individual.

So, if a ‘western’ feels there is more between ‘heaven and earth,’ believes in certain spirits, tries to live his/her life in a certain way, it does not matter what ‘race’ you are. Race is given, I do not chose to be born in the Netherlands. I choose my own path in life.

SeekingSakYant
udonmap.com

Post by SeekingSakYant » September 4, 2023, 4:17 pm

fatbob wrote:
March 30, 2023, 12:17 pm
Thank goodness we're not here to satisfy your senses, only our own ;) Maybe it's beyond your ken to figure out why people do what you don't understand, must be a grey and dull life for ya hoss

SeekingSakYant
udonmap.com

Post by SeekingSakYant » September 4, 2023, 4:33 pm

@DaanJH that is a good start!! Glad to see Ajahn Khai is still going strong haha. We were in Udon for New Years and I was lucky enough to get a few more pieces. Thankfully with good aftercare the Sak Yant heal really fast and it was possible for me to get a bit done. Wai Kru is in October, I missed it the last few years but got to make up for it hah!

SeekingSakYant
udonmap.com

Post by SeekingSakYant » September 4, 2023, 4:44 pm

New work from our January 2023 visit.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230904_024147_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230904_024052_Gallery.jpg

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”