No butter in Lotus UD town

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
dalek
udonmap.com

No butter in Lotus UD town

Post by dalek » November 22, 2018, 9:08 pm

Twice I have been into Tesco Lotus and noticed the only butter the have in the refrigerators is the very small packs of 10g (x8 packets).
This time I asked where the 227g and 454g pack were, Staff said they don't sell it.
Can anyone confirm you cannot buy butter in there?

I phoned customer service, who tried to tell me to call UD town myself. Not easy, as the staff I have spoken to in there have very limited English.

Persuaded customer service to speak to UD town branch and call me back. I'll wait and see.

stereolab
udonmap.com

Re: No butter in Lotus UD town

Post by stereolab » November 22, 2018, 9:53 pm

dalek wrote:
November 22, 2018, 9:08 pm
Twice I have been into Tesco Lotus and noticed the only butter the have in the refrigerators is the very small packs of 10g (x8 packets).
This time I asked where the 227g and 454g pack were, Staff said they don't sell it.
Can anyone confirm you cannot buy butter in there?

I phoned customer service, who tried to tell me to call UD town myself. Not easy, as the staff I have spoken to in there have very limited English.

Persuaded customer service to speak to UD town branch and call me back. I'll wait and see.
The UDTown branch of Tesco is frankly very poor across the board. Take a short walk round to Villa Market and your problem is solved.

dalek
udonmap.com

Post by dalek » November 22, 2018, 10:43 pm

Thanks for the info.
I went into Lotus as their website was offering muesli at reduced prices.

The manager of UD town called me back, not customer service in BKK. The manager couldn't speak a word of English, which was why I wanted BKK to call me back.

In the end UD town sent me an SMS:
"Sorry, the item you want. Now the branch is no longer available. Products are distributed at Tesco Lotus. Udon Rangi Branch and Nadi Branch can not be sold in Tesco Lotus Market. You can buy products at Nadi Branch and Rangsit Branch. Branch must apologize"
No idea where the other branches are they referred to. Looks like Villa Market & Big C next time.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » November 23, 2018, 9:18 am

You may consider buying a bulk, cooking? pack of butter, salted or not. It takes up a bit of space in the fridge, but lasts us ages and I'm sure must be economical compared to the smaller sizes.

dalek
udonmap.com

Post by dalek » November 23, 2018, 9:40 am

What size is a bulk pack?

Tesco Lotus UD town phoned back just now. The English speaker must only work in the mornings. She said it was a marketing decision not to sell butter as they didn't have enough space?
Then suggested I drive to the branch near the Ring Road/Nong Khai Road for the butter.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » November 23, 2018, 9:44 am

if I remember correctly the same Tesco stopped selling " cheese " about 2 years back …

the lady you talked to this morning is correct there is loads of butter in the " old , nong khai road " Tesco I bought

some this morning .

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 23, 2018, 10:59 am

Take a short walk round to Villa Market and your problem is solved.........Yeah at PROBABLY Twice the Price of Tesco's....

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » November 23, 2018, 11:16 am

Plenty in Villa 50 yds away.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » November 23, 2018, 11:23 am

no problem to buy butter packs at Tesco Lotus express Shops - salted and unsalted.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 23, 2018, 11:25 am

"the lady you talked to this morning is correct there is loads of butter in the " old , nong khai road " Tesco I bought"

but dont expect to find any "mothers choice" marg there, it has been conspicuous by its absence on my last TWO visits.
PS ....... heads up re potatoes at Old Tesco ........... just getting into the "pre christmas" period when they seem to make a point of never having any available :evil:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 23, 2018, 11:34 am

but dont expect to find any "mothers choice" marg there, it has been conspicuous by its absence on my last TWO visits.

But they have it at Big C in Nong Khai....

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » November 23, 2018, 12:18 pm

The Chinese bakery shop opposite side of the road from mako sells butter and cream cheese cheaper than Big C and Tesco! They also stock fruit cocktail and tins of mandarin oranges at 50 baht a tin again cheaper than the big 2

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » November 23, 2018, 2:48 pm

Really? You can't find butter in Udon because your local Tesco Lotus discontinued it? You made calls and sent e-mails? Tesco Lotus really is a heaving pile of sewage peddling diseased offal and promoting an unhealthy lifestyle. I highly recommend you shop elsewhere and cut those apron strings which demand you forever march blindly back to your comfort zone.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 23, 2018, 2:53 pm

I think there's a mosquito in the room.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » November 23, 2018, 2:56 pm

Your not keen on Tesco then Giggle . They are not promoting an unhealthy lifestyle at all .
They are providing what people want . Thats called business .
If what the average punter buys is unhealthy , then you can hardly blame Tesco for that .

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 23, 2018, 3:12 pm

My experience.....prices for most things like milk, butter, common cheeses, common breads, liquor, and many others but maybe a baht or two more/100 Baht than Tesco/Tops. You'd easily make that up in gas to the bigger Tesco.

Tesco UD Town is a small-scale Tesco....smaller than the two big stores, larger than the mini-outlets.......but selection is limited on many items.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » November 23, 2018, 4:49 pm

dalek wrote:
November 23, 2018, 9:40 am
What size is a bulk pack?
5 Kgs. Cost 700-750 baht, I think.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”