Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
RLTrader
udonmap.com
Posts: 1488
Joined: June 3, 2007, 8:49 am

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by RLTrader » December 6, 2018, 2:35 pm

Hmm
Dec 6 2018 just came from big Tesco spent 2,268.25 baht everything was put into a plastic bags, didn't count them but must have been 8 to 10 bags. Some had 1 item in it.

Had wife ask and she was told it was just a one day thing Dec 4 for kings holiday.

Sure can't believe everything you see on net, thats for sure. :lol:



User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11328
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by stattointhailand » December 11, 2018, 7:05 pm

Just back from Old Tesco B2k shopping 15 plastic carrier bags to put it in.

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 805
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by dunroaming » December 11, 2018, 8:17 pm

B2K about 130 baht a bag that's a lot of noodles and water lol

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11328
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by stattointhailand » February 4, 2019, 6:32 pm

It would appear that Tesco are having another go a being "GREEN" and not issuing plastic bags.
Wonder how long it will last this time?

Divvy little lass on checkout asked me about 10 times if I wanted whatever she had in her hand at the time in a paper bag (as if I was going to carry every item one by one :roll: ) Due to the fact that you can only get 3 bottles of drink in a paper bag and various other things can only be in one's or twos, and there are no handles, I ended up having to make 9 trips from the car to the kitchen (instead of the usual 2 or 3). I now have 16 used slightly torn paper bags that I have placed in a very large black plastic rubbish sack and put it out for the dustmen :evil:
I also at some time in the future will not have any plastic bin bags and so have to go and buy even more plastic bags for that job ......... Thank you to the brainless morons at Tesco go and collect your free nobel prize for saving the environment NOT [-X [-X [-X

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1145
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by newtovillagelife » February 4, 2019, 6:37 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 4, 2019, 6:32 pm
It would appear that Tesco are having another go a being "GREEN" and not issuing plastic bags.
Wonder how long it will last this time?

Divvy little lass on checkout asked me about 10 times if I wanted whatever she had in her hand at the time in a paper bag (as if I was going to carry every item one by one :roll: ) Due to the fact that you can only get 3 bottles of drink in a paper bag and various other things can only be in one's or twos, and there are no handles, I ended up having to make 9 trips from the car to the kitchen (instead of the usual 2 or 3). I now have 16 used slightly torn paper bags that I have placed in a very large black plastic rubbish sack and put it out for the dustmen :evil:
I also at some time in the future will not have any plastic bin bags and so have to go and buy even more plastic bags for that job ......... Thank you to the brainless morons at Tesco go and collect your free nobel prize for saving the environment NOT [-X [-X [-X
If all the shoppers using plastic bags last year had used paper bags instead, they would have increased the amount of solid waste by over 100 million tons and taken up 7 times more space in landfills.

They don't have a clue.....

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11328
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by stattointhailand » February 4, 2019, 6:48 pm

If all the shoppers in Thailand set fire to 16 paper bags per household per week (usual way to get rid of rubbish outside the towns) how much of the ozone layer would be left?

What is the friggin' point of not using plastic bags if you need to use a bigger plastic bag to get rid of the paper bags, and then need to buy additional plastic bags to put your rubbish in coz Tesco haven't given any out =;

macca46
udonmap.com
Posts: 981
Joined: May 26, 2014, 8:55 am
Location: Udon Thani
Contact:

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by macca46 » February 4, 2019, 7:04 pm

As at today Big C no plastic bags on the 4 th of each month.

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11328
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by stattointhailand » February 4, 2019, 7:11 pm

macca46 wrote:
February 4, 2019, 7:04 pm
As at today Big C no plastic bags on the 4 th of each month.
What about the 3rd, 5th etc etc ........ surely they aint stupid enough to just do it one day a month as if people are going to remember that it's the 4th so i'd better take my own bags :shock:

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3601
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by tamada » February 5, 2019, 10:16 am

stattointhailand wrote:
February 4, 2019, 7:11 pm
macca46 wrote:
February 4, 2019, 7:04 pm
As at today Big C no plastic bags on the 4 th of each month.
What about the 3rd, 5th etc etc ........ surely they aint stupid enough to just do it one day a month as if people are going to remember that it's the 4th so i'd better take my own bags :shock:
Sounds like that was written by a man who frequently forgets where he left the car keys.

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11328
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by stattointhailand » February 5, 2019, 12:19 pm

As I very infrequently walk around with no trousers on, I usually have a pretty good idea where my car keys are [-X

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2776
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by saint » February 5, 2019, 3:02 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 5, 2019, 12:19 pm
As I very infrequently walk around with no trousers on, I usually have a pretty good idea where my car keys are [-X
Too much information dude. :shock:

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11328
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by stattointhailand » February 5, 2019, 3:09 pm

errr, I'm not the one who suggested that I didnt know where my trouser pocket was =;

Post Reply

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”