Papa Farang's

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by Potamoi » June 27, 2022, 8:52 am

Great to hear. Back in the saddle again... :guitar:

I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 29, 2022, 8:22 am

Not sure about this temperate beer
I know you English like room temp ones but this is Thailand
Where is the ice bucket

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 29, 2022, 9:42 am

noosard wrote:
June 29, 2022, 8:22 am
Not sure about this temperate beer
I know you English like room temp ones but this is Thailand
Where is the ice bucket
you know adding ice to chang makes it taste like fosters larger.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Barney
udonmap.com

Papa Farang's

Post by Barney » June 29, 2022, 11:06 am

Ah yes that long ago lost Aussie beer.
Fortunately it is brewed in pommy land.
The English took to it after a documentary about a young Aussie was aired in all the cinemas throughout our queens homeland.

https://youtu.be/8PfDro1UGUo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Barney on June 29, 2022, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 29, 2022, 11:08 am

Ahh Fosters ....... like sex in a boat ......... f***ing close to water

Colin1a1
udonmap.com

Post by Colin1a1 » July 12, 2022, 1:33 am

Hi Dean it’s Colin, I will be back in Udon next month, after 3 years trapped in the UK. I hope You have lots of good frozen stuff like you used to at your shop and your house many moons ago. All the best and see you soon.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 12, 2022, 6:08 am

Colin1a1 wrote:
July 12, 2022, 1:33 am
Hi Dean it’s Colin, I will be back in Udon next month, after 3 years trapped in the UK. I hope You have lots of good frozen stuff like you used to at your shop and your house many moons ago. All the best and see you soon.
Its been a while ,yes plenty in the freezers , I made 3 large cheesecakes that I'm trying to eat my way through at the moment :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 30, 2022, 1:29 pm

Bump

What news from Hansa central?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 30, 2022, 4:40 pm

tamada wrote:
August 30, 2022, 1:29 pm
Bump

What news from Hansa central?
Not a lot really , wife is away 2-3 days a week taking care of family. So its been hard to get back to normal. Still making pies and whatnot so shop still OK . had to stop curry Tuesday as simply I can't be cleaner, cashier, baker,shopper,bottle washer,gardener ,host and dog walker. I have managed to finally get new gates put on the front but the builder says he can't fix the roof until the rainy season is over...kind of defeats the idea of fixing a leaky roof because how will I know that it won't leak again come next rainy season, oh well. Sunday is still doing well though , so hopefully get back to some sort of normalcy in the near future .

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » September 2, 2022, 4:20 pm

Dean's chicken burger is a thing of beauty and far superior to anything KFC, BK or anyone else in Udon can produce
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 4, 2022, 8:32 am

joepai wrote:
September 2, 2022, 4:20 pm
Dean's chicken burger is a thing of beauty and far superior to anything KFC, BK or anyone else in Udon can produce
Wife made 16 pieces of chicken , all sold out by 2 pm. Lads had to settle for bratwursts and bread for the Aussie rules game

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 17, 2022, 8:39 am

They are some quality twunts out there. I do a fee book exchange and as happens quite often people bring in crap old books to exchange for the latest very expensive books. Well I've had enough of it. Yesterday I discovers termites in some of the books, some I say.. 100 books headed to the bin. Looked everywhere to find out where they were coming from. Checked the whole display case to find the trail but no sign. So as I was finishing taking out the books I found the culprit . some sneaky MF had slipped an old German book in that should have been binned in the 70's and guess what . yes someone had put a book with termites in and stuffed it at the back out of sight. So from now on its a book loan as no one seems to bring back the new books. If you borrow it bring it back. Also from now on the book case is locked and I will check every single book that goes in. Sorry about the rant but people taking advantage of other peoples generosity are just complete aholes. Now I've got another job because of these selfish people. I've got to take every book out and make sure there are no other surprises. And while I'm at it use my papa farang stamp in every book to let people know if you finished it then return it as there are more people on this planet than them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 17, 2022, 9:04 am

Rant forgiven. As if pie maker by appointment to K1ng Charles III wasn't hard enough already?

It ain't easy being a librarian these days so thank fook I'm a Sagittarius.

So I wonder who did leave their decrepit copy of Mein Kampf in there, eh? I guess the location just inside the gate allows the irregulars to pop in and out unnoticed so locking up and book loaning is the only solution.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 17, 2022, 9:17 am

Wasn't me unless big print and pictures
or the zulu

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 17, 2022, 9:30 am

tamada wrote:
September 17, 2022, 9:04 am
Rant forgiven. As if pie maker by appointment to K1ng Charles III wasn't hard enough already?

It ain't easy being a librarian these days so thank fook I'm a Sagittarius.

So I wonder who did leave their decrepit copy of Mein Kampf in there, eh? I guess the location just inside the gate allows the irregulars to pop in and out unnoticed so locking up and book loaning is the only solution.
From what I can make out it was a children's book printed in 1962. Just went through the whole collection, found a few others scattered around that at some time termites had been at them. Random around the cabinet, no more termites so obviously someone who had a termite problem with their books has been sneaking them in deliberately. As I say from now on its a locked cabinet and I will inspect every book that goes in

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » October 2, 2022, 10:27 am

Sunday roast carvery . chicken ,pork or beef with all the trimmings .start 1 pm
Fresh baked steak and onion pies ,steak and ale pies
Fresh blueberry cheesecake.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 2, 2022, 12:45 pm

Any news on the much sought after steak and cheese pies?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » March 23, 2024, 10:36 am

MORNING P.F. Just another quick reminder on the HOT X BUNS front. not heard anything since we last chatted quantity remains at 12 (1 dozen) think you mentioned Friday 29th.mARCH (which is Good Friday in UK) so we couldn't get much closer to Easter!? Hope to speak prior to that date. a.t.v.b. goodison

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 25, 2024, 8:18 am

Anyone wanting hot cross buns I've penned in Thursday 28th for hot cross buns,available 1 pm.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 25, 2024, 5:14 pm

Depending on where I am, I have been buying pies at PF or Havana bar. After the new owners at Havana Bar took over, prices of frozen pies skyrocketed, beef pie went to 119 baht and steak & Kidney went to 129 baht. From now on I will buy all from Dean.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”