Proper Ritz cheesy biscuits

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Proper Ritz cheesy biscuits

Post by vincemunday » June 1, 2020, 6:19 am

For a long time I stopped buying Ritz here, the product was like eating a mouthful of sugar, like so many other products they had been adapted to the Thai preference of sweetness over savoury. These new ones are almost identical to what we get in the UK, recommended.
Attachments
20200601_061528.jpg
20200601_061528.jpg (26.76 KiB) Viewed 1191 times

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

goodison
udonmap.com

Re: Proper Ritz cheesy biscuits

Post by goodison » June 1, 2020, 7:22 am

I agree on the "latest?" "Ritz" offering, the alternatives were a cheesy biscuit made by "Jack and Jill" which have been around for yonks. In fact a certain bar owner of Welsh extraction and who ran the "Red Dragon" in "Farang Alley" lived on J & J's as he wasn't too keen on Thai food. His wife would pop across to "TOPS" and return laden with them which kept him going for a while. Ohhh "Soi Farang" brings back happy memories. Never a dull moment down there!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 1, 2020, 12:31 pm

goodison wrote:
June 1, 2020, 7:22 am
I agree on the "latest?" "Ritz" offering, the alternatives were a cheesy biscuit made by "Jack and Jill" which have been around for yonks. In fact a certain bar owner of Welsh extraction and who ran the "Red Dragon" in "Farang Alley" lived on J & J's as he wasn't too keen on Thai food. His wife would pop across to "TOPS" and return laden with them which kept him going for a while. Ohhh "Soi Farang" brings back happy memories. Never a dull moment down there!
Would that be Brian ? i remember him and Steve 2 being pretty good buddies at the time , maybe because Brian ate there most days . I agree about Soi farang . The place had a nice friendly atmosphere , unlike what we are left with these days
Back on topic . Vince , where did you get your Ritz ?

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 1, 2020, 3:00 pm

saint wrote:
June 1, 2020, 12:31 pm
goodison wrote:
June 1, 2020, 7:22 am
Would that be Brian ? i remember him and Steve 2 being pretty good buddies at the time , maybe because Brian ate there most days . I agree about Soi farang . The place had a nice friendly atmosphere , unlike what we are left with these days
Back on topic . Vince , where did you get your Ritz ?
I thought that was Michael and Aom, I remember he never liked the local food just a case of beer a day Saw him a couple of years ago propping up the bar in day and night.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 1, 2020, 3:03 pm

vincemunday wrote:
June 1, 2020, 6:19 am
For a long time I stopped buying Ritz here, the product was like eating a mouthful of sugar, like so many other products they had been adapted to the Thai preference of sweetness over savoury. These new ones are almost identical to what we get in the UK, recommended.
can you tell me which outlets
not a lot of choices where I live
savory is much better
Thanks

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 1, 2020, 3:18 pm

I remember them changing Ritz in the 70's back in UK ..... went from a cheesy cracker to a mouthfull of salt with every bite ........ went downhill from then on

agree that Udon has never been as "friendly" as in the farang alley days ........... even miss (occasionally) staggering round to Mr Tongs when it was just outside the alley .. ooo er misses

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 1, 2020, 5:03 pm

They are on the shelves at Big C as a regular product, I got mine from the shelves by the tills.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 2, 2020, 3:53 am

vincemunday wrote:
June 1, 2020, 5:03 pm
They are on the shelves at Big C as a regular product, I got mine from the shelves by the tills.
Thanks . :D

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 2, 2020, 3:04 pm

Another great find, if like me you're a fan of spicy food give these a try. These aren't your usual "spicy" crisps, these are the real deal and just to make sure they have that little bit of extra zing they put slices of hot chillies in the pack too. Recommended.
Attachments
images (2).jpeg

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”