Were to get NON FARMED FISH..

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Were to get NON FARMED FISH..

Post by DuiDui49 » September 13, 2020, 4:17 pm

After looking at some vids how they Farm Fish i'm dissgusted,so if anyone knows were to get Fresh Frozen NON FARMED fish,hit me up.

Macro's have,to my knowledge right now (asked today)NO NON FARMED fish at all.The COD for 145 a kilo farmed in CHINA..no thank you..don't even taste like COD (my opinion).Pan Food,those of you who have bought stuff from them,tell me what you think about the products they sell.I rather pay some extra to get the NON FARMED foods then those who have been given pellets with chemicals and dye..

Than you for reading my post and hopefully i get some good answers too.

//DD..:-)

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Were to get NON FARMED FISH..

Post by dunroaming » September 13, 2020, 5:40 pm

Villa have cod fillets from UK, 550 or about that for a pack, failing that beside the night market theirs a fishing tackle shop and along from there the night bus to Patters plenty of fish in the sea

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » September 13, 2020, 6:43 pm

Pattaya Wolf Fish.
99 Baht per kilo.
Check their website on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/siamburis/

They also have Cod ,Haddock, Herring, Sea Bass etc.
Not farmed as you can not farm Wolf fish it is the Catfish of the sea.
Probably need to go there to collect unless you know someone who can put it on a bus for you.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 13, 2020, 8:06 pm

https://www.paleorobbie.com/grocery

They carry all sorts of non-farmed frozen seafood to include wild salmon and will deliver to Udon Thani by courier. They pack the seafood in a Styrofoam box with dry ice inside.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » September 13, 2020, 8:41 pm

I buy my "Cod" from Macro.Whether Cod or not I dont know! Says so! :-"
Not same taste as back home for sure. BUT! Better than that farm bred Dory! (pangasius?)
That tastes "pondy"!Thats gotta be from Vietnam!
I have a pond full of "Pla Nin".But for the life of me cant catch em! I am not into fishing!
Seems to me Cod at Macro is a inferior type of Cod.But real cheap!
Like the spuds sent over cheap and nasty nobody wants!
Cod.jpg
Last edited by choi choi on September 13, 2020, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 13, 2020, 8:44 pm

:-D :-D Thank you ALL for the good answers/post,now i have something to test out..just hopefully not to expensive sending to Udon if necessary.

Godnight from //DD..Zzzzzzzzzzz
Last edited by DuiDui49 on September 13, 2020, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 13, 2020, 8:47 pm

choi choi wrote:
September 13, 2020, 8:41 pm
I buy my "Cod" from Macro.Whether Cod or not I dont know! Says so! :-"
Not same taste as back home for sure. BUT! Better than that farm bred Dory! (pangasius?)
That tastes "pondy"!Thats gotta be from Vietnam!
I have a pond full of "Pla Nin".But for the life of me cant catch em! I am not into fishing!
Seems to me Cod at Macro is a inferior type of Cod.
Like the spuds sent over cheap and nasty nobody wants!
Well it says it's from China..so i stay away from that type of farmed "Cod".Agree on Pangasus...watery,blend and maybe even "pondy"as you put it..;-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 14, 2020, 3:45 pm

fdimike wrote:
September 13, 2020, 8:06 pm
https://www.paleorobbie.com/grocery

They carry all sorts of non-farmed frozen seafood to include wild salmon and will deliver to Udon Thani by courier. They pack the seafood in a Styrofoam box with dry ice inside.
Thanks for this AWSOME link,now if i only could have someone to lend me some money i would do som serious shopping ;-)Well time will tell when i can invest in some of the great products they have.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 14, 2020, 4:21 pm

So until that times you could slum it and buy the cod from makro with parsley sauce it's ok, Nice to have great food but sometimes you have to live within your means. Tonight's dinner I'm told is individual crab legs with smoked salmon and tiger grilled garlic prawns. Hope I get some french fries sorry salad with that

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 14, 2020, 5:28 pm

dunroaming wrote:
September 14, 2020, 4:21 pm
So until that times you could slum it and buy the cod from makro with parsley sauce it's ok, Nice to have great food but sometimes you have to live within your means. Tonight's dinner I'm told is individual crab legs with smoked salmon and tiger grilled garlic prawns. Hope I get some french fries sorry salad with that
Are you a Tail or a loin man DR ??? .. i like a bit of both tho the cod loin just nudges the tail IMO ... i buy mine from C2MU and poach it in milk with bisto quick n easy parsley sauce garden peas a jacket spud with a jerk of butter its fandabidozi !!... and all done by DMs tried n trusted ping culture formula...even dont have to bother washing up as i let mi Jack Russells lick the plate clean.

Havent tried the makro cod as dont shop there .. many moons ago did try the Dory/Phanganius stuff and was horrible tasteless crap rather eat an old flip flop.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 14, 2020, 6:19 pm

Honestly when I worked in the trade I preferred codling baby cod for the uneducated a 6-8 ounce fillet was Just perfect for size and taste. The older the fish it loses taste for that reason the big ones tended to have tails cut off for one market and the rest sent to the other higher priced markets. Many were turned into yellow fish and sent to the prime market in the US

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 14, 2020, 7:00 pm

pal52 wrote:
September 13, 2020, 6:43 pm
Pattaya Wolf Fish.
99 Baht per kilo.
Check their website on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/siamburis/

They also have Cod ,Haddock, Herring, Sea Bass etc.
Not farmed as you can not farm Wolf fish it is the Catfish of the sea.
Probably need to go there to collect unless you know someone who can put it on a bus for you.

as far as I am aware there are NO species of marine/freshwater fish that cannot be "farmed" ..... Wolf fish are now being farmed in Norway

To be honest I wouldn't believe anybody who said their fish was not farmed any more than I'd believe that veggies are "organic" unless i'd seen with my own eyes and knew all adjacent farms did not spray or add chemicals to their crops

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » September 14, 2020, 7:07 pm

as far as I am aware there are NO species of marine/freshwater fish that cannot be "farmed" ..... Wolf fish are now being farmed in Norway.

AS FAR AS I AM AWARE.
Show the evidence that Wolf Fish are being farmed.
They live in deep cold waters of the Atlantic.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 14, 2020, 7:17 pm

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 14, 2020, 8:07 pm

The top 8 most common food frauds in everyday diets

https://today.mims.com/infographic--the ... yday-diets

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 14, 2020, 8:15 pm

dunroaming wrote:
September 14, 2020, 4:21 pm
Gel-injected shrimp a growing problem in China...

https://www.seafoodsource.com/news/food ... m-in-china

and food frauds in India..i spare you that one...Thailand and BKK:

Pesticides in fruits & vegetables: Govt quality mark fails test.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/ad ... fails-test

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 14, 2020, 8:30 pm

Grow your own that's the only way to know what you put in your gut,vegetables that is..And to use your own knowledge,if for excample if the price seems to cheap,like the Macro "Cod",it probably is due to how it has been farmed..Anything from China i would try to stear away from.Ask questions if you can,were the products come from,how it's tested,if tested at all.I'm going to try and have a few q:s for Macro next time,and their China products.

Be as safe as you can if you care about you and your children,family and friends.

//DD

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 15, 2020, 3:02 pm

Wonderful dinner last night and still alive today 😊 but ties have starting glowing green

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 15, 2020, 6:29 pm

dunroaming wrote:
September 15, 2020, 3:02 pm
Wonderful dinner last night and still alive today 😊 but ties have starting glowing green
So when i'm out and about atleast i know who i'm meeting on my bicycles rides ;-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 16, 2020, 9:16 am

God morning folks !

Wonderful doggie walk 06.00 hours,weather okey not to hot or humid.

That said,back to some foodtalk.Usually i buy Carnberrys/Bluberrys at Macro..Cranberrys okey i think,and i thaught the Blueberrys was "sort of okey".But yesterday i was shopping at B-C and they had lowered the price on Blueberrys from PERU..not like Macro who is from China.Well what can i say other then the BB's from Peru are the DEAL,it was diffrent in taste and the way BB's hand picked in the forrest of Sweden are tasting..so i guess you get what you pay for...their was a huge diffrent in price.
The i also spotten some COD and another fish,don't know what it was,filéed/gilead and a pack with aprox 8 small pices..215Bath i think it was..Going to try that as soon i find out what kind of fish it is.

Foodindustri is one of the most fraudlent business after Thai business *some sarcasm there*;-)but i guess we who care what we put in our bodys just have to try and outsmart them,right,which is not an easy task.For others that don't care and wonder why they are fat and have to buy expensive med's every month,well be happy..as the song goes.

Have a great day today all of you who have read my rant ;-)God bless..:-)

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”