Power Buy ring road

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Power Buy ring road

Post by stattointhailand » August 17, 2021, 10:06 pm

Just a heads up. Went into Power Buy on the Ring Road yesterday to buy a "cheapish" TV for my daughter to watch her Animee/youtube etc on.
Having had a look round the shop there was a 40" TV that fitted the bill (+ made in Thailand) for about B7500 in their "Sale" marked down from B10k+.
Got the assistant to go through all the process of plugging it in starting it and running through all the " bells & whistles" which probably took two assistants about 20 mins. Everything OK so I said i'd take one, and whilst they packed it away I went to choose a new microwave and fridge/freezer (something i'd been considering for several weeks).
Whilst looking at the m/waves the assistant came up to me and said "Sorry but the TV is B8990 as the sale price had now run out :evil: Not happy I took the card from him and sure enough the deal had finished ..... ON 31st MAY :confused:
Now I know that things in LOS can be a bit "laid back", but surely someone there at sometime in the last 3 months must have looked at the card and seen it was out of date? If it had been a day or two out I would put it down to my bad luck, but that length of time can mean only one thing "CROOKS"
Needless to say they didn't get the sale (nor did they sell a microwave or fridge freezer) I hope they all dine well on their lack of commission [-X

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: Power Buy ring road

Post by newtovillagelife » August 18, 2021, 6:50 am

stattointhailand wrote:
August 17, 2021, 10:06 pm
Just a heads up. Went into Power Buy on the Ring Road yesterday to buy a "cheapish" TV for my daughter to watch her Animee/youtube etc on.
Having had a look round the shop there was a 40" TV that fitted the bill (+ made in Thailand) for about B7500 in their "Sale" marked down from B10k+.
Got the assistant to go through all the process of plugging it in starting it and running through all the " bells & whistles" which probably took two assistants about 20 mins. Everything OK so I said i'd take one, and whilst they packed it away I went to choose a new microwave and fridge/freezer (something i'd been considering for several weeks).
Whilst looking at the m/waves the assistant came up to me and said "Sorry but the TV is B8990 as the sale price had now run out :evil: Not happy I took the card from him and sure enough the deal had finished ..... ON 31st MAY :confused:
Now I know that things in LOS can be a bit "laid back", but surely someone there at sometime in the last 3 months must have looked at the card and seen it was out of date? If it had been a day or two out I would put it down to my bad luck, but that length of time can mean only one thing "CROOKS"
Needless to say they didn't get the sale (nor did they sell a microwave or fridge freezer) I hope they all dine well on their lack of commission [-X
As with most Thais businesses no integrity, they should have admitted the mistake, and honoured the sale price. By the way I am sure noone is losing any sleep, they simply don't care.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 18, 2021, 7:43 am

Statto ... you should of done the honourable thing ....and ..

sent an email to PB head office grassing up all the lazy uninterested nose pickers in the Udon store... as newt states dont think any will be tossing n turning all night worrying ...they just dont give a fug.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 18, 2021, 7:54 am

It was still on sale wasn’t it, just not as much off as before?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 18, 2021, 11:30 am

Quite possibly in the 3 months since the "sale" finished the company probably introduced a newer model which resulted in the non sale price of the now "old stock" to be reduced

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”