Where can I buy a push broom?

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Where can I buy a push broom?

Post by NongKhaiLee » January 16, 2023, 8:34 am

I have been here in NongKhai for fifteen years now, and have yet to see a push broom for sale either here or in Udon. Has anyone seen one of these elusive creatures in these parts?

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Where can I buy a push broom?

Post by 747man » January 16, 2023, 10:51 am

NongKhaiLee wrote:
January 16, 2023, 8:34 am
I have been here in NongKhai for fifteen years now, and have yet to see a push broom for sale either here or in Udon. Has anyone seen one of these elusive creatures in these parts?
They are BRUSHES, Sold in Practically EVERY Shop,If Yer can't find one I've got a SPARE One yer can Have for FREE !!

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » January 16, 2023, 11:59 am

Thanks for this reminder NongKhaiLee and Parrot. I always miss having one when I need it, make do, then forget about it until I need one again.

Found one on local Lazada: https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i428 ... lFlag=true
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » January 16, 2023, 1:12 pm

What are the benefits of a push broom over the locally available thai style brooms? :?

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » January 16, 2023, 1:46 pm

I suppose it a matter of personal preference but I reckon a push broom can remove sand or dirt from tarmac or concrete/pebbletek better than the traditional Thai style ones. They also leave less bristle debris.

If my staff member prefers the Thai style ones, they are welcome to go ahead and use what may be comfortable for them. If I am the one cleaning up I prefer to have a push broom for big swaths and a small brush and dustpan for the final disposal.

The stiff Thai ones are great for leaves even on grass. Many uses and applications, I guess.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » January 16, 2023, 2:00 pm

We bought two at global Udon a few years ago. Similar as to what parrot describes. Maybe worth a look.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 16, 2023, 2:53 pm

NongKhaiLee wrote:
Mega Home, Nong Khai.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » February 9, 2023, 4:16 pm

deankham wrote:
January 16, 2023, 1:12 pm
What are the benefits of a push broom over the locally available thai style brooms? :?

A proper push broom is about three times wider than a Thai broom, and makes quick work of things if you are sweeping large areas, admittedly they don't get things as neat and clean as the soft Thai brooms, but spraying the cement off with water takes care of that and the whole job is much easier on the back.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » February 9, 2023, 4:18 pm

tamada wrote:
January 16, 2023, 2:53 pm
NongKhaiLee wrote:
Mega Home, Nong Khai.
I'm in Mega Home NongKhai quite often, never seen a push broom there, are you sure you aren't thinking of a brush with a long handle?

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » February 9, 2023, 4:23 pm

747man wrote:
January 16, 2023, 10:51 am
NongKhaiLee wrote:
They are BRUSHES, Sold in Practically EVERY Shop,If Yer can't find one I've got a SPARE One yer can Have for FREE !!
Take a look at the links provided in Parrots post and then tell me you buy those at practically every shop, 747man. I know the difference between a cleaning brush and a push broom, sorry if I assumed everyone else on here did too. Thanks for the offer mate.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 9, 2023, 6:44 pm

NongKhaiLee wrote:
February 9, 2023, 4:23 pm
747man wrote:
NongKhaiLee wrote:
Take a look at the links provided in Parrots post and then tell me you buy those at practically every shop, 747man. I know the difference between a cleaning brush and a push broom, sorry if I assumed everyone else on here did too. Thanks for the offer mate.
I've seen the Links in Parrot's Post......They are STILL Brushes in my eyes.... :lol: :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 9, 2023, 6:56 pm

Potamoi wrote:
January 16, 2023, 11:59 am
Thanks for this reminder NongKhaiLee and Parrot. I always miss having one when I need it, make do, then forget about it until I need one again.

Found one on local Lazada: https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i428 ... lFlag=true
These are good.

Ta
tam
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » February 9, 2023, 7:34 pm

747man wrote:
February 9, 2023, 6:44 pm
NongKhaiLee wrote:
February 9, 2023, 4:23 pm
747man wrote:
NongKhaiLee wrote:
I've seen the Links in Parrot's Post......They are STILL Brushes in my eyes.... :lol: :lol:
Are you giving him your spare then Al?

Potamoi
udonmap.com

Post by Potamoi » February 10, 2023, 12:09 am

tamada wrote:
February 9, 2023, 6:56 pm
Potamoi wrote:
January 16, 2023, 11:59 am

These are good.

Ta
tam
Got mine. Fairly good quality too. Works well on the pebbletek with dried etc. Happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 10, 2023, 6:52 am

Brush as opposed to Broom, pure semantics. Cannot believe this post .A P:ush Broom instead of a Pull Broom, like Side walk as opposed to pavement, as Americans needed to know where to walk

But when you see the posters anything is possible ....ha ha ha ha

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 10, 2023, 7:53 am

There's a ton of brooms on ebay.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 10, 2023, 8:52 am

flying-witch-broom-26790769.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 10, 2023, 10:45 am

FWIW, there will be a showing of push brooms by their proud owners at CCW this afternoon.

Don't miss it!!!
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » February 11, 2023, 10:43 am

Khun Paul wrote:
February 10, 2023, 6:52 am
Brush as opposed to Broom, pure semantics. Cannot believe this post .A P:ush Broom instead of a Pull Broom, like Side walk as opposed to pavement, as Americans needed to know where to walk

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”