Gas BBQ Thailand - www.quik-fire.com (Sponsor)

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
lee
udonmap.com

Gas BBQ Thailand - www.quik-fire.com (Sponsor)

Post by lee » September 26, 2007, 3:58 pm

Gas BBQ Thailand - Quik-Fire, the Barbeque of all Gas Barbecues in stainless steel

QUIK-FIRE Brand GAS BBQ's are the first custom designed, Distinctively Superior, GAS BBQ's manufactured in Thailand for sale nation wide to the public.

For all enquires please call 087 863 8651 (english) or 087 862 1911 (Thai)
Email: http://www.gasbbqthailand.com/page/contact.html

http://www.gasbbqthailand.com
http://www.quik-fire.com

Advert from the Udon Thani Magazine Guide;
Attachments
New Brochure both sides Sept 2012.jpg
Last edited by lee on July 7, 2008, 4:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 9, 2007, 11:18 am

QUIK-FIRE GAS BBQs, WAS BORN OF TWO DESIRES.

Doc, having come to Udon Thani some years back had the good fortune to find and marry his wonderful Thai wife, Sawitta.

Shortly thereafter: Doc, wanted to replace his gas barbecue left in America.

Sawitta, being a conscientious and loving woman had a great desire to contribute more to the
marriage than simply being a stay at home wife. So the story begins...

THE QUIK-FIRE STORY
Locating a quality gas barbecue in Thailand seemed to be an impossible task other than purchasing in, Doc's, opinion the overly priced imported gas barbecues originating somewhere north of Thailand, sold in a cardboard box.
Not satisfied with this commercial style barbecue considering the price, it was time for Doc to put on his creative thinking cap and set his mind to designing an innovative Gas Barbecue that would so outperform the import models, there would be no comparison to quality, or price.
During Doc's life in the U.S. he had conceived and built several beautiful/fast show and go cars, pickups, Harley's, and three wheel bikes. With one being his favorite; an outrageous street/show 16ft long (4.88 meter), powered by a Chevy 400 C.I. high performance 435+ horsepower three wheeled street dragster.
With this experience creating a high quality-highly efficient custom gas barbecue wouldn't be a problem!
In mid-2004, Sawitta and Doc set out to find a group of experienced stainless steel fabricators in, Udon Thani.
It took close to a year scouting around to find the right Thai crew with the skills and where-with-all to take on the challenge of hand crafting a quality stainless gas barbecue.
Once the fabrication crew was found it took some time for them to understand the attention to detail standard required.
Ultimately, Doc's new barbecue turned out so well it sparked the idea for a new line of stainless barbecues to be manufactured in, Udon Thani.
The concept was simple, produce high quality hand crafted BBQ’s with strict attention paid to quality materials, workmanship, personalized customer service, and offer the BBQ’s at factory direct prices.
Arrangements were made: all monies were to go to the Thai owned stainless products manufacturer that made Doc’s original BBQ, with a reasonable commission to Sawitta for each barbecue she sold.
Under the watchful eye of Doc, Sawitta’s, QUIK-FIRE stainless BBQ line was born; providing her with a great sense of worth and accomplishment.
If you desire the best, buy the best, at in-country factory direct pricing. We are confident you'll love QUIK-FIRE stainless BBQ line for many reasons. Check out the feedbacks and see for yourself.
Doc can answer your questions in English to assist his wife, Sawitta, who can speak English fairly well, but not enough to explain everything that is needed, in English.
Hope to hear from you soon..

CONTACT ONLINE

Samples of Doc's past high performance creations in steel...enjoy
When considering a New Quik-Fire Gas BBQ, you will know it's made to perform.

Welcome to our thread on udonmap.com.

Within, you will find many authentic customer feedbacks and pictures, along with, multiple Quik-Fire product updates.
The feedbacks you will view are, as it is said, “the proof of the pudding”, real deal testimonials taken from various Forums, and personal thank you letters to our Quik-Fire team.

Note: All Quik-Fire Barbecues with their unique thick double walled insulated tops are as much, Ovens, as they are Barbecues.
Last edited by lee on July 7, 2008, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 19, 2007, 10:29 am

Customer Feedback:
Russ Duggan wrote:Hi Doc,

Thanks for the reminder that I did not let you know how impressed we are with your SS Deluxe BBQ. Did a few cook ups and we are impressed how well it cooks.
Next trip I will do roast pork since I should be home for the New Year and the hood is just fantastic.
A friend will look at it next month when he is home; he has all your contacts and web page.
Any how take it easy and thanks for a very well built and well supported BBQ,
I wish you all the very best.

Cheers
Russ Duggan. Chiang Mai

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » October 19, 2007, 10:45 am

some more of that damn feedback:

old thread from way back, i purchased one, 2 burner SS, expensive (for me), but hopefully will last a long time, looks like it will, well made. excelletn for all my grilling needs, along with doubling as an oven, as mentioned, a fantastic hood, as it gets very hot inside. you can do pizza, lasagna, baked beans, all very well. can even, well before you start grilling, bake brownies and cakes, as i did. anything you use an oven for, though if not covered with tin foil, may taste smoky :lol:

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » October 20, 2007, 2:25 pm

Mr. Laphanphon, thank you for your posts.
If you'd ever like to contact me direct regarding the SS Deluxe you purchased, please feel free to do so.
We do not sell and run, we are here for our customers before, during, and after any sales.
A nice day to all...
Our best,
Doc & Sawitta

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 28, 2007, 1:00 pm

More positive feedback:
TG wrote:I had been looking for a gas bbq for a while, and finally bought the Quik-fire 2 burner stainless model.

They have been mentioned in the forums recently, locally made in Udon.

They are truly a work of art. Sturdy enough to dance on, and hot as hellfire if you turn them up.

The heat is easily regulated, and the cook area perfectly fits two of those 1/2 sized stainless inserts you see on buffet tables, I'm sure a full-sized one will use the same space. With the double walled top closed, this makes for a nice oven.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say,

I'm impressed, truly

tg

I drove to Udon, it just fit in the trunk of my '93 accord. Had to tie down the lid. I'm sure you'd need a pickup to move the 3 burner models.
These babies are welded solid, they don't break down, unscrew, go in a box etc.

These things not only work well, they deserve an industrial design award.

tg

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » November 8, 2007, 10:31 am

Another SS DELUXE ready for shipping...

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » November 28, 2007, 11:44 am

I see in the photo it looks like you have a shop.
Am I correct. if so were are you located.
I am interested in looking at the oven model
if it fits my needs and priced to my pocket book I am sure I will buy after Christmas
My Grand Kids come first holiday time LOL
thank you
Ronnie

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » December 4, 2007, 10:01 am

Mr. Aznyron's post was answered promptly by private mail.
He plans to purchase the Oven.
For others, yes, we have a nice factory just outside Udon.

A good day to all...
Docta

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » December 9, 2007, 3:07 pm

Bob Manthey wrote:Hello Doc,

On Sunday our gas BBQ arrived at the local Post office. My maid and a nephew loaded the wonderful device onto a "village bus" that had just dropped off school children in our small town. 15 baht later it arrived at our rental home. Today it took 6 minutes to cut the bubble pack and another 6 minutes to follow the GREAT well written instructions. Full assembly and hot stones in about 12 minutes from first unpacking!!! I seem to recall about 45 minutes to one hour for a BBQ from Home Depot in America. The design and fabrication look great and my pork steak today was cooked perfect. I was so tired of viewing my wife or our maid bend over acharcoal bucket breather dangerous fumes. They both are very impressed with the ease of cooking on this device. When we move to our new home it will have a place near our pool for BBQ's for many years. Great work. The scanning of the postal receipt could be a bit clearer in pdf form, but your pre sale and post sale service is great. I have placed a motor bike chain and Mul tlock pad lock on this barbecue to prevent it from rolling away to the rear of a nearby Karaoke Bar. The photos on the web site do not do justice to how well made the device is. Perhaps you will soon receive some orders from Buriram Province of my buddies who have already viewed the wonderful BBQ.
Do not hesitate to use me as a reference.

Sincerely,

Bob Manthey

rjb
udonmap.com

Post by rjb » December 21, 2007, 11:27 am

Doc n Ta, another followup. After a few days cooking I took a shot at cleaning the grill. What a breeze!!! A scotchbrite type pad with some warm water and soap for the body and one of the pads that look like metal shavings for the grill worked with just a few minutes scrubbing and finish.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » December 28, 2007, 6:17 pm

Another Happy man leaving Doc & Sawitta's home Ready to BBQ

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » January 8, 2008, 8:54 pm

For those that wish to have something more than a Big Half Cut Barrel for their Charcoal Barbecuing, we at Quik-Fire have and will convert our Gas fired BBQ's to a Charcoal firing system.

We remove the gas firing system, add a second side table, and set up the interior of the BBQ to accommodate Charcoal.

Also, we have just been commissioned by one of our Aussie brothers to construct a large Half Barrel Pig Rotisserie BBQ with heavy duty motor.

So, don't hesitate to give us a shout if you're wanting a beautiful Charcoal fired BBQ for your home.

Happy New Year to all our Charcoal lovin' Mates...

Docta

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » January 27, 2008, 9:07 pm

Sawitta working away at our factory on a Quik-Fire, "SS Deluxe".

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » January 29, 2008, 10:32 am

Bob Manthey who sent in the very nice feedback and pictures a few posts back, with his lovely wife Pin posing behind their newly arrived SS Deluxe, has sent another nice feedback.
For their thoughtfulness, and extra effort posting original feedback and pics, out of appreciation Quik-Fire and the crew sent them an extra supply of Pumice Stones.
It's the family way of thinking at Quik-Fire.

Hello Doc,

Thank you so much for the generous gift of the stones. My wife and my maid will be so happy. We really enjoy the BBQ and I recommend to other expats to contact you for a quality BBQ, with great service at a fair price. We just arrived back from Bangkok as the adoption of my Thai step daughter is now final. Best wishes to you and your family in 2008.

Sincerely,
Bob Manthey – Buriram Prov.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » January 29, 2008, 11:37 am

ah, customer service, a rare thing in the world, especially here. but this is not a one off, as Doc was so kind to drop off an extra supply of pumice stones for myself also, and thank you very much.

positive comments are well deserved for a fine product and service. best of luck in the future, seems they are catching on.

and congrats to Bob, wife and legal new daughter :D , sounds like a great reason for a BBQ, enjoy and congrats. 8)

kbvegas
udonmap.com

Post by kbvegas » February 12, 2008, 1:48 am

Hello everyone,

I purchased the SS Deluxe from Doc a little over a year ago and its a great BBQ grill it has held up well and we use it often it still looks new i compared prices in Pattaya and it was about 10,000 Baht cheaper Doc you can use me as a Reference also Doc and his wife came out and set it for us it was a good purchase

Thanks Doc

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » March 12, 2008, 6:17 am

For all of our good hearted Aussie brothers, and others, we're now making Hotplates, Griddles, to set on top of the bbqing racks. Half or full size, up yo you.
Check it out...

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » March 12, 2008, 6:20 am

Hey!!! That wasn't the picture I wanted to upload, but she does look, half size:)
I'll try again...

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » March 12, 2008, 6:28 am

For all of our good hearted Aussie brothers, and others, we're now making Hotplates, Griddles, to set on top of the bbqing racks. Half or full size, up yo you.
Check it out...

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”