Gas BBQ Thailand - www.quik-fire.com (Sponsor)

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
gougouluxembourg

Re: Gas BBQ Thailand - www.quik-fire.com

Post by gougouluxembourg » October 6, 2010, 1:56 pm

Which gas do you recommend for the grills ? Dupont or Dunhill. ;)

LilRed
udonmap.com

Testimonial: Quick Fire BBQ Grill - Master Deluxe SS

Post by LilRed » November 25, 2010, 11:51 am

Finally got around to buying one a Doc Adam's Quick Fire BBQ's...

After some discussion with Doc, and checking out the factory, I went for the Master Deluxe SS...

We've used it 6 weeks now. Works great. The high pressure gas cooking station is fantastic. The insulated top with thermomteter and triple fire tube design allow steady control...

Only one thing: Doc, reckon I could get a Farenheit thermometer?

I highly recommend Qucik Fire. Quick Fire can do custom BBQ designs and does full on commercial kitchen designs and construction...

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » January 19, 2011, 4:28 pm

Another plug for Doc’s Quik Fire barbecue. Our new house is finished, well almost finished at least enough that we could move in. So last month we moved to Amnat Charoen so I have now joined the ranks of carpetbaggers here on the forum. :D

Word had spread that the crazy farang that built a house with flush toilets and heated showers was bringing along a “super barbecue” so we were met by a gang armed with buckets of live, fresh caught fish. It created quite a sensation. The BBQ was hardly off the truck when I was pressed into giving the ladies a short course in how to control the heat and before the truck was unloaded the fish had been packed in salt and were roasting on the grill. Picture attached, and there were at least three more loads of fish done up all done to a turn. I lost count. We all spent the rest of the night eating fish, sticky rice, Som Tam and drinking Leo. Nothing like the taste of freshly caught grilled fish and there wasn’t a scrap left over. I hate to think how long it would have taken to grill them on one of those charcoal bucket things.

Doc a suggestion, you should out the Quik Fire logo on the front, that also says “Made in Thailand” as a few thought I had brought the grill from America. Also I really appreciated the tie down loops in fact the BBQ anchored the rest of the load. So another success story. Well done Doc!
Attachments
P1020461r.JPG

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » January 29, 2011, 8:30 am

Another supportive commentary from our very good mate...

Hi Doc,

Glad to see he's followed up with you, he was pretty excited yesterday
after I showed him the workmanship on the custom SS you did for us, he
mentioned to me at lunch today that he has showed a few guys the website
and told them to come see the ones I have in store, so he's saying to
expect some more orders coming in.

Jason ended up cooking lunch and dinner again last night on his, phoned
me again this morning all excited...

Doc always glad to help mate, particularly when you have such an
excellent product, great service and just an all-round great guy, I
might get some pamphlets off you when I come home next time.

Cheers

Regards,

SUPERINTENDENT - CAMP SERVICES

lumpuk

Post by lumpuk » March 13, 2011, 8:12 am

Well Doc,
It has been two years since I tangled with you over a BBQ.
After having some heavy BBQ period, I thought you would like to see how your Master Deluxe BBQ is standing up to the strain.

I attach some photies for your perusal.

KR
Attachments
MDeluxe05.jpg
MDeluxe04.jpg
MDeluxe03.jpg
MDeluxe02.jpg
MDeluxe01.jpg
It is almost as new.

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Gas BBQ Thailand - www.quik-fire.com

Post by docta » June 4, 2011, 3:38 pm

Hi Doc,
On behalf of our company we would like thank you for your professional support for the custom design BBQ’s we ordered on behalf of our clients here in Koh Samui.
As we specialize in High end Villa construction it was wonderful to deal with your team in producing the quality equipment our Clients expect and not to mention delivered on Time! Thanks again.
We look forward to doing business with you again.
Kind Regards,
Russell Whitehead
General Manger Projects Division
Samui Villas and Homes Co., Ltd
BBQ 3.jpg
BBQ 1-2.jpg
Sala 3-2.jpg

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » July 23, 2011, 8:57 am

Thaivisa posts, heading: Quik Fire Gas Bbq's - Issan Forum.

Posted 2011-06-05 01:11:36 - Senior Member
I have had my BBQ from Doc for 4 years now; it is as good today and the first day. It gets used daily by myself or wife, or her mother. It has been used as a oven many times.
Great Product from a Great company....thanks Doc

Posted 2011-06-09 08:31:25 - Advanced Member
I just purchased a BBQ from Doc, he and his team's service was outstanding to say the least.

The only problem is I've not had a chance to use my new BBQ yet

Oh and yes, my wife thought i was crazy spending the money, however after she saw the BBQ she understands the reasons why.

Craighj Mgr. DHL-Thailand.

Posted 2011-07-05 09:15:58 - Advanced Member
Bought my BBQ from the Doc 2008 when living in Khon Kaen, had 1 prob with a faulty igniter which he came and fixed personally.
.....Now in Phu Wiang with the Barbie and all still going well !! ..mind you I am still a bloody awful cook !!

Email response from builder and owner of the brand new sailing yacht, 'Silver Lining', Phuket. Boat: 32 meters long. Mast: 36 meters tall.
With regard to his new custom, Quik-Fire, Signature model BBQ.
"Bbq looks pretty sexy….will get you a couple nice shots when its mounted up on SL……you will probably see it in a few yacht mags down the road too!"
Speak soon, SL
Chris's Sig in the Womb 1.jpg
Chris - 1.jpg
Chris - 2.jpg
Chris - 2.jpg (28.58 KiB) Viewed 13423 times
Chris - 3.jpg

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » July 31, 2011, 9:45 am

Another contribution sent to us by our good customer, Ken.
With a, Quik-Fire, Deluxe or Grand Master model, you get an 'Oven', as well as a BBQ.
SS Master Deluxe insulated top example pictures of Ken's, Baking, Roasting, & Griddle (Hotplate), use.
Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:27
Some two months ago I decided to make the attempt at making bread, as we eat quite an amount.
I have an Electric Fan Assisted oven in my home.
Using the oven, I became quite adept at the task in hand.
Costing out, I worked it out that it was costing around the same as when I bought it, the advantage being though, I always had fresh bread.

I then made the decision a month ago to use the BBQ; I have a Quik-Fire-SS Master DeLuxe.
I now make bread every other day using the BBQ.
Costing this out, using Gas, I reckon I save around 70% over the Electricity.

I attach photograph of my baking session this morning, in the BBQ baking.

Regards

Ken
Bread_after.JPG
Bread_after.JPG (56.11 KiB) Viewed 13360 times
Ken's Chicken01.jpg
Ken's Chicken01.jpg (13.08 KiB) Viewed 13360 times
Ken's Chicken02.jpg
Ken's Chicken02.jpg (14.38 KiB) Viewed 13360 times
Ken's Sirloinjoint.jpg
Ken's Sirloinjoint.jpg (27.42 KiB) Viewed 13360 times
Ken's wife....JPG
Ken's wife....JPG (43.84 KiB) Viewed 13360 times
Attachments
Ken's sausage rolls.jpg
Ken's sausage rolls.jpg (15.63 KiB) Viewed 13360 times

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » October 9, 2011, 9:28 am

Sept 5, 2011

Hi Doc,

I just wanted to write and express my thanks regarding my purchase of a Quik-Fire Gas Grill.
Working with you to customize my grill was easy and fun.
You went out of your way to help me with the extras and options available.

I have used the grill numerous times since it arrived, and have to say it was worth the wait.
Since living in Thailand for over 10 years, I have wanted/longed for a quality gas grill.

I searched many locations for a suitable grill, but the only grills I could find were the same grills as in the U.S; like Weber, or an Aussie style grill that didn’t fit my needs or wants, at a cost factor of nearly 4 times what they would cost in the U.S. or Australia.

The workmanship in building your grills, in my researching and shopping, is by far superior to what is available elsewhere in Thailand.
The cost, in my opinion is cheaper than a likes of a Weber available in Thailand. The main determining factor in my decision to buy your product is the use of stainless steel.

The Master Deluxe 4N1 which we customized, does everything I hoped for in a gas grill.
The double-walled insulated fire box and cover is an added plus that just can’t be found on mass produced units.
Your attention to detail and real concern for the customer, extending to the end shipping location, is a refreshing relief.
The unit came ready to grill. All I had to get was the gas bottle. A few turns of a screwdriver and away I went.

I would recommend anybody shopping for a gas grill, to contact you and your team at, Quik-Fire, to explore the possibilities, whether it be a stock or custom grill.

Thanks again,
Mark M.
Pattaya, Thailand
Mark's Serving Cart-accessories 2.jpg
Mark's Quik-Fire Master Deluxe 1.jpg
Mark's Ribs 5.JPG
Attachments
Mark's Quik-Fire Custom MDLX at Home 4.JPG
Arrived Mark's Home 3.JPG

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » November 6, 2011, 3:51 pm

http://gasbbqthailand.com

To ease you folks out there into the Holiday BBQing spirit, we're showing what our, Quik-Fire, 2 burner SS Deluxe, w/Rotisserie, can do with a, Piglet.

Below is Robin and Nang's last years testimonial, along with their Christmas Rotisserie Piglet pictures.

Sent last Christmas, 2010.

Hi Doc, just a quick message to tell you that our BBQ arrived safely this morning at Sisaket Post Office and
now resides, rather splendidly, on our back patio/cooking area.

We're both very pleased with the BBQ - beautifully crafted and solidly made, it just speaks quality and longevity.
I must also congratulate you on the quality of your packaging - it really puts other suppliers to shame.

Thank you so much for your team's efforts - your business deserves the great reputation, and we wish you ever increasing success.

Please feel free to use this email as a testimonial to your business if you wish.

Kind regards,
Robin & Nang

Hi again Doc - hope you are keeping well.

I've attached a few pics of our first piglet BBQ at Christmas. The meat was cooked perfectly, and we've followed that up with two more so we're getting to know the gas settings for the best results.
I've also started baking our own bread in the BBQ.

Kind regards,
Robin & Nang

We at Quik-Fire, wish you all, along with your loved ones a Joyous, cheerful, and safe holiday season.
6) Ready to start.JPG
8)  2 burners low gas.JPG
10) Cooking finished.JPG
12) Ready to eat!.JPG

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » December 14, 2011, 8:21 am

http://gasbbqthailand.com

Sawitta & Doc, at, Quik-Fire, would like to share our appreciation for another wonderful family we've recently had the privilege to meet.
Over the years we've been fortunate to meet many fine folks like, Bob, and his wife, Fai.

Bob and his family were so looking forward to receive their new, BBQ, they were bbqin' away near immediately.
Check out, Fai's, Super brilliant smile, she's one happy gal, and so nice, as well.

At the end of the day, this is what life's all about for our customers, and our team at, Quik-Fire.

Hi Doc,

The SS Master Deluxe Barbecue and the Heavy Stainless Plate Half Griddle that i brought from you is superb.

The barbecue is built like a tank, it is constructed of top quality stainless steel and the way it is engineered and its looks are outstanding.

The barbecues performance is first class too. The three powerful burners are easy to control from low heat settings to high.

The heavy insulated hood is superb which enabled us to use the barbecue as an oven and we enjoyed doing some baking.

The griddle plate is very heavy and will obviously be brilliant for cooking; once the plate is hot it will retain the heat for a long time thus allowing easily controlled cooking temperatures.

So far we have had the barbecue for three days, yesterday was my son's birthday and we had many friends come around and we enjoyed cooking for them on your superb barbecue, Doc.

I would like to thank you Doc for all the help you have given me, things such as a copy of the shipping document and postal tracking number, pictures of the barbecue wrapped up and securely strapped to a pallet for shipping, and for the phone call from you today asking if everything is okay with the barbecue and if i am happy with it.

Best wishes,
Bob Klasnic
Bob, Fai & young Bobby-1.JPG
[attachment=2]
Attachments
Bob & young Bobby-3.JPG
Bob's wife, Fai-2.JPG

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » January 3, 2012, 12:30 pm

A much appreciated testimonial from, Mr. Chow, residing in Bangkok.
Thank you so much for forwarding your thoughtful/kind words to us.

Hi Doc,

Received my Deluxe 4n1 a few days after moving to my new home, first indication of the quality was the weight, heavy!

After careful unpacking, I stood back to admire the beauty and quality of this product.
First class workmanship, no sharp corners, obviously a lot of care and attention to detail has gone into the manufacture.

My first ever attempt at roasting a whole chicken on the Rotisserie was a resounding success. Nothing dripped onto the grill whilst on the Rotis, but the juices were all contained in the chicken. The most juicy and tender breast pieces I've ever had.

Next was spareribs wrapped in tinfoil. I preheated the grill to about 250 and in 20 or so minutes was tucking into beautifully baked spareribs.

We did not have a stove yet in the new house so the side burner came into play immediately. Bacon and eggs, omelet Thai style, squid with basil and onion - all done to perfection, thanks to the heat the burner was capable of generating (like in Chinese kitchens).

I have a friend who swears by Weber grills but I have no doubt that my Deluxe 4n1 is on par if not better in quality (price wise, there is just no comparison).

Thanks a lot Doc. I'm looking forward to many many fun hours with many new recipes.

Mr. Chow - Bangkok

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » April 19, 2012, 2:10 pm

Big thanks to Doc at Quik fire BBqs ,,, took delivery of the first of 2 purpose built/designed units ,,a work of art ,, superb workmanship ,,, the fist steak just eaten and it cooks like a dream ...

If ever a business earned a reccomendation then this does .

Thanks Doc and your team , nice bunch of lads .

Chern Chim foods Udonthani

leslie

Post by leslie » May 1, 2012, 4:36 pm

I would like to say Doc thanks for the well made BBQ, it got used all the time i was with the Family and it will get another work out when i am back in mid June.
Regards
Leslie

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Quik-Fire's new SS Home Smoker

Post by docta » May 13, 2012, 3:23 pm

Hello All,

Quik-Fire Gas BBQ's is proud to introduce our new; Home and Commercial Stainless Smokers.

Quik-Fire is now the only manufacture in Thailand to offer, Stainless Home Smoker sales nationwide.

Before this, commercial home smokers could only be imported.

The import smokers available were not up to par in our opinion with regard to quality, then any value for your money would disappear when imported, as the original cost would near double.

We figured it was time to give our fellow Farangs the opportunity to purchase a made in-country to American Quality Standards, beautiful Quik-Fire Stainless Home Smoker.

Our uniquely installed tubular door seals work super well, check out the pics.

For more information please click our Quik-Fire sponsored link at right side of this page.
Once on site, click; BBQs & SMOKERS on menu bar.

Email us at: [email protected] for more specific information with regard to custom size requirements, etc…

Soon to come will be a post of our new and beautiful, Pizza/bread/multi-purpose, home and commercial stainless Oven, with an all stainless pizza shovel.
If interest in a trick and class act combo Oven, you won’t want to miss this one.

Have a great day, and enjoy…
Our best,
Doc
Attachments
Quik-Fire 304 Home Smoker 1.jpg
Quik-Fire 304 Home Smoker 2.jpg
Smoker 1.jpg
Smoker 2.jpg

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » May 22, 2012, 7:17 am

Thought you Smoker interested fellas may enjoy new pics of our, Quik-Fire, home Smoker with quality easy lock ball bearing wheels and hanging hooks.
Check 'em out, hard to beat custom crafted beauties like these...
This Smoker with, wheels, hanging hooks, water pan, and firing gun sells for, 28,000.
Enjoy,
Doc
Attachments
Quik-Fire Smoker with quality locking wheels.JPG
Quik-Fire Smoker with hooks.JPG

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » June 16, 2012, 12:39 pm

Here are some new pictures of our most popular home bbq, Quik-Fire's, SS Deluxe. In this case, SS Deluxe 4n1.

Notice the thick insulated top; with Quik-Fire Deluxe models you get an, Oven, as well as a barbecue.

This, SS Deluxe, is loaded: Insulated Oven top, quality Oven thermometer, removable SS half Griddle, Rotisserie, custom Chicken (stainless cup) beer can holder, side burner, w/stainless cover.

You've heard of a one man band, this SS Deluxe is setup to do it all, a fine hand crafted piece any family would be proud to own.

As one customer put it...

I had been looking for a gas bbq for a while, and finally bought the Quik-fire 2 burner stainless model.
They have been mentioned in the forums recently, locally made in Udon.
They are truly a work of art. Sturdy enough to dance on, and hot as hellfire if you turn them up.
The heat is easily regulated, and the cook area perfectly fits two of those 1/2 sized stainless inserts you see on buffet tables,
I'm sure a full-sized one will use the same space. With the double walled top closed, this makes for a nice oven.
I could go on and on, but suffice it to say,
I'm impressed, truly
I drove to Udon, it just fit in the trunk of my '93 accord. Had to tie down the lid. I'm sure you'd need a pickup to move the 3 burner models.
These babies are welded solid, they don't break down, unscrew, go in a box etc.
These things not only work well, they deserve an industrial design award.

For more, Quik-Fire, posts and info, Google search: quik-fire gas bbqs

Contact Email: [email protected]

Wishing you all the best,
Doc

Check out this beautiful piece of hand crafted metal art bbq....
Attached Thumbnails
Attachments
SS Dlx 4n1 - 1.JPG
SS Dlx 4n1 - 2.JPG
SS Dlx 4n1 - 3.JPG

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » August 25, 2012, 8:34 pm

Hey Doc...just wanted to say thanks for the delivery and it was nice meeting you and your lovely wife. We broke the Char-Master in this evening with BBQ chicken, pork tenderloin and black-striped prawns! It performed very nicely, with nice even heat, and was very easy to control the cooking. (My wife found the charcoal I was telling you about that are the same size) We set the charcoal on one side and cooked the chicken and shrimp there, and used the other for the pork tenderloin. Nice, smoky flavor, and everything was done perfectly. Chicken was moist but done, pork was tender and done with an excellent smoky flavor, and the prawns were just plain fantastic! ;) I am still quite full, but thought you might like to know that it's already passed it's first test.

We did have to move it to the yard from where we set it up, because it filled the porch with smoke. Minor issue. ;) Very happy with the results.

KB

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » August 25, 2012, 8:59 pm

KB_Texas wrote:Hey Doc...just wanted to say thanks for the delivery and it was nice meeting you and your lovely wife. We broke the Char-Master in this evening with BBQ chicken, pork tenderloin and black-striped prawns! It performed very nicely, with nice even heat, and was very easy to control the cooking. (My wife found the charcoal I was telling you about that are the same size) We set the charcoal on one side and cooked the chicken and shrimp there, and used the other for the pork tenderloin. Nice, smoky flavor, and everything was done perfectly. Chicken was moist but done, pork was tender and done with an excellent smoky flavor, and the prawns were just plain fantastic! ;) I am still quite full, but thought you might like to know that it's already passed it's first test.

We did have to move it to the yard from where we set it up, because it filled the porch with smoke. Minor issue. ;) Very happy with the results.

KB
As you know KB ,, weve got 2 of Docs master pieces at the shop n pub ,,, both are a dream to use ,, even a monkey could cook on them which is just as well ... as i did a spot of cheffery today as was reet busy ,,, first class pieces of USEFUL art ,,,, a credit to Doc n Udons finest craftmen ......when the nest barbie KB .. i will supply the meat n booze ,, make it a Sunday tho ok .

mash

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » August 25, 2012, 9:11 pm

I agree 100%. It is very substantial, and I do believe it will be working long after I bid the mortal domain farewell. ;) This thing is by far the most massive grill I have ever owned, and I have owned a few! It takes TWO people to move it!

Heh, works for me Mash! ;) Maybe next Sunday so I have some time to work with it and understand the finer points to it. Mine is the all charcoal model as I am a fan of the smoky flavor imparted and the direct heat of charcoal.

You bring some strip steaks and ale, and I will provide chicken, prawns and corn. I guarantee you that you will not leave hungry. ;) I am STILL full after eating 2 hours ago! But it was just too good to stop. :D

KB

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”