Gas BBQ Thailand - www.quik-fire.com (Sponsor)

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
beer monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Gas BBQ Thailand - www.quik-fire.com

Post by beer monkey » September 20, 2008, 4:30 am

That sounds like the James Bond Of Grills....."The Man With The Golden Grill"

Can You Dig It Dug.?

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » September 21, 2008, 8:06 am

Hi Nobi,

Getting back to your customer desiring some brass trim incorporated into his BBQ.
To answer your question; yes, we certainly will be happy to discuss the project with him, most anything is possible with desire, and budget, it's about as simple as that.
If he should come around again, give me a ring and I'll come over to meet with him.

Thanks for thinkin' of us...

My best,
Doc

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 21, 2008, 4:53 pm

If you do make one of these fancy bbq's Docta be sure to get a photo and post it. thanks.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 21, 2008, 5:07 pm

Im sure Docta will name it

" The Brass Monkey " in your honor, as its coming up to winter time soon

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 21, 2008, 5:09 pm

I like it wazza...

Can You Dig It Dug.?

jim bean

Post by jim bean » September 23, 2008, 1:16 pm

Hi I'm Jim Bean from the deep south of Thailand. I'm here to say that I bought a bbq from Doc about 5 months ago and it has been nothing but a delight to use. The rocks are well seasoned now and the taste of the food is incredible. If anybody is interested in buying a bbq in Thailand I recommend one of Doc's.

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » October 4, 2008, 10:50 am

Another nice post from our happy customer Bob M., located in Buriram Province. Originally posted in thaivisa.com.
Thanks Bob, and thanks to Jim Bean in previous post, we at Quik-Fire are certainly appreciative.

Hello Doc,
You have my full and unconditional permission to use any of my photos of your great BBQ.

Bob's post...

"Cheap" purchases in Thailand are seldom satisfactory. Not WASTING money on an "Imported gas BBQ" from a "Hi So" source, but rather purchasing a very well built stainless gas BBQ from Doc at http://www.gasbbqthailand.com will be money well spent. We use that BBQ at least 12 times each WEEK and it has never malfunctioned. Doc will communicate with you, let you know when your BBQ ships from his shop and it is a breeze to assemble once you bring it home from the Post Office. It took us six minutes to assemble this BBQ in the photos.

Think about SAFETY and cooking gas!!! Doc installs a great safety gas valve on his well built BBQ. His gas BBQ has held up far better than the most famous "German" brand gas HOB we have in our kitchens. The German brand HOB was actually made on a Siesta Day in Spain. But Siemens does have great "after the sale" free service and they stock replacement parts.

If money is the only consideration buy a 500 baht used oil barrel charcoal BBQ.

I formerly lived in California and bought good quality items at Costco. Doc's BBQ is as good or perhaps better than the KIRKLAND brand BBQ from Costco. Not very many brands in Thailand have the QUALITY or VALUE FOR MONEY of the KIRKLAND brand. Makro, Big C, Tesco, Home Pro, sell market appropriate items but QUALITY or LONG LASTING VALUE is very rare in their merchandise.

Bob M - Buriram Province

One of Bob's home Chefs, Phuey, cooking up some of her delicious chicken on Bob's Quik-Fire SS Deluxe

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » November 8, 2008, 5:32 pm

Another happy comment by a recent Quik-Fire customer...:D

Quik-Fire's New 4 in 1 SS Deluxe; BBQ- Griddle - Oven - Side Burner - Combo

Hi Doc,

Just thought I would drop you a quick note to say how pleased I am with the BBQ so far. I have to take my hat off to you for finding some workmen capable of putting it together; it looks like it should last years.

The side burner works very well, while I was waiting for the 30 minutes seasoning I used it to make a nice cup of tea with good boiling water, those jug water heater things just don't make nice tea and I was dying for a nice cuppa :-)

It got my wok smoking hot in about 30 seconds as well!
I tested it out quickly with a couple of the sausages I helped make yesterday, they cooked perfectly and nobody would ever guess it's the first time I cooked them on the BBQ.

Let me know when you post some pictures on the forum and I will be happy to post a follow up message.

Thanks again,

Mark - Bangkok

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » November 10, 2008, 8:00 pm

We at Quik-Fire are anticipating you, wife, and friends will be experiencing many happy sunsets bbqing up a storm with your new, SS Crown Deluxe.
Thanks again for the note, Bob...

Hi Doc,
Have just collected from the Post Office. Looks very impressive!
Just need to build it's home now.
Will send pic when finally installed.

Cheers
Bob - Phuket

Sawitta putting on the final shine before shipping to, Bob.

ricci

Post by ricci » November 12, 2008, 10:56 am

Hi,

my name is Ricci.
Could someone please provide the dimensions and the weight of the SS Crown Deluxe?
I also would like to know the inner measurements (grilling area).

And another question. Could this model also bake Pizza occasionally?
Would the grill produce enough "upper heat"?

Sorry for my bad english

Regards
Ricci

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » November 12, 2008, 11:23 am

ricci wrote:Hi,

my name is Ricci.
Could someone please provide the dimensions and the weight of the SS Crown Deluxe?
I also would like to know the inner measurements (grilling area).

And another question. Could this model also bake Pizza occasionally?
Would the grill produce enough "upper heat"?

Sorry for my bad english

Regards
Ricci
Ricci,

Check out this link: http://www.gasbbqthailand.com/

Quickfire is Udon Map sponsor and can be found on the home page. Once you've opened the link, just click on the various models to get the dimensions.

Not sure about baking pizza, but would think that you could. Not familiar with any BBQ cookers that have an top heating element.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » November 12, 2008, 11:48 am

i'm guessing it would do pizza with no problem, the grill i have gets very hot. i use for cakes/brownies, baked beans and lasagna. haven't tried a pizza yet, but don't see a problem. i use a baking sheet to block direct heat, then use another baking sheet/raised on wire rack or raised pan, so indirect heat can circulate underneath. results have been very good. ok, one test brownie, and on lasagna i forgot about, got burnt, especially the lasagna, had to throw the pan away it was so cooked, after sitting in water for a week, still couldn't chip it away. so pay attention till you get you heat and timing down. meats grill up very nice, i like mine cut thick, so little charred on outside, and just a bit pink inside. hmm, off to the butcher......................... 8)

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » November 12, 2008, 1:53 pm

Ricci,
Sent you a PM answering your questions, thanks.
R/Doc

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » November 26, 2008, 8:14 am

Quik-Fires new; SS Master Deluxe hybrid 4 in 1 BBQ.

BBQ, Griddle, (hotplate), Oven, High Pressure side burner.

Ever seen a professional high pressure wok burner on the side table of a BBQ? We doubt it. These high pressure, high performance burners are used in restaurants for fast cooking with better food tasting results.

When a low slow cooking flame is desired for your more delicate & savory sauces simply turn the flame to low.
Turn them up, and they sound like a small jet engine, cooking your stir fry, soups and the like in about 1/3 the time.

An Oven; with their large insulated tops these SS Master Deluxe models have the interior top space to roast a Turkey, Leg of Lamb, Pork roast, or, bake a nice sized Pizza or two, etc…

Our SS Deluxe & Master Deluxe models have stainless finger adjustable feet on the right side legs to raise, lower, or adjust just one leg to compensate for an uneven floor.

We construct our Quik-Fire BBQ’s like no others, with; “attention to detail”, paid to every facet of our individually handcrafted units.
This 4 in 1 hybrid measures close to 5 feet wide.
If you’re a man that wants the biggest & the best, this is the BBQ for you.

Questions?
Call Doc at 087 863 8651, or go to our, Contact Page, at, www.gasbbqthailand.com

With best regards,
The Quik-Fire Team

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » November 26, 2008, 11:30 am

Hi Doc you shaved your beard off did not recognize you :lol: :lol: any way a point of interest why don't you put prices on your items ? also my house is finished I am broke now but I will be needing a gas stove with a oven in my kitchen later on any suggestions ? take care hope to see you again at the N/M meets

andy_timeman

Post by andy_timeman » March 23, 2009, 10:00 pm

I just took delivery of the world's best barbie custom made by Doc and his team. After looking around at the Chinese made imported pieces in Bangkok and looking at Doc's feedback I opted for one of his custom jobs and words cannot describe the handcrafted beauty. Downunder we would call it a bloody beauty and it purrs like the neighbour's cat (apologies to all cat owners). My condo is undergoing a renovation and will be some shots of the barbie in action shortly. Means I might actually have to do some cooking in the house now. To anyone out there thinking about getting a BBQ... Doc is the man. Doc included all of my requests and not quite sure whether one needs a lisence to drive it. Beautifully crafted and carefully packed they are truly spot on pieces. In Australia we call it a barbie but my mate in Canada after seeing pics called it an outdoor cooking centre. Many thanks Doc. :roll:

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » March 24, 2009, 12:53 pm

For your viewing pleasure...
This is what our good customer Andy the Timeman is talking about, his new Quik-Fire Super 4n1 Master Deluxe, w/Cabinet;

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 24, 2009, 1:35 pm

Thats a nice unit Doc, well done =D> =D>

Whats the price etc.. all up

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » March 25, 2009, 3:28 pm

Do you need a license to drive it :D

wazza