Any Budget rooms here for rent?

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
timrooney

Any Budget rooms here for rent?

Post by timrooney » June 12, 2010, 8:40 am

Hello all kind folk. I just got into Udon 2 days ago and I am teaching at the University so I'm not on a big budget. I had a room that I rented day by day and the monthly rental is 3,600 baht per month(or 350 per night) including TV, Fridge, Hot water, Free WiFi. This was great until she told the director of the school that she does not want to rent to Farang monthly so I am out tomorow at 12:00. Wowwwwww

Does anyone know a budget room with the same sort of price? I dont care about Air-con, a fan is ok, Even TV is not that important. What is important is that I have a small fridge (I'm Diabetic), a private bathroom and Internet connection. If anyone can please help with this short notice call me a.s.a.p at 089-250-1078 Tim Thanx all.

rct
udonmap.com

Re: Any Budget rooms here for rent?

Post by rct » June 12, 2010, 10:06 am

Location depends if you plan to have a motorbike. Near the back of the prison down Mak Kaeng Road juts beyond Srichumchen is a nice new apartment building several stories high, walking distance to food street which might be a plus.

A bit further, northward of Nong Prajak Park behind AUA and Wattana Hospital, look in the back streets there are a couple big ones including Udon Resort. Also a real gem, new 2 storey building in the street behind the Royal house (and the Ag Office (actually street behind, then T junction down a quiet dead end road) if I were to build an apartment it might look like this one, probably has a waiting list. Though I think a budget closer to 5000-6000 baht will lead to someting better than bare basics. (did you see Top Mansion and others around that area?)

That said, saw Alf today, he rents a new house in Nongsamrong behind BB Resort, for 4000 baht!

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » June 12, 2010, 11:30 am

The Mono Place hotel might interest you as it should be under 4000 baht a month plus utilities. You can find comments if you search for mono or mono place. I believe it is in the neighborhood of your university. The AEK Udon apartments start at 3000 baht, see their web site for details.

plien
udonmap.com

Post by plien » June 14, 2010, 1:23 am

TJ wrote:The AEK Udon apartments start at 3000 baht, see their web site for details.
The reality is, 3-4000 Bt rooms are not available. They are reserved for hospital staff. 5000 Bt are also hard to get, especially if you need a room quickly. 6000 Bt and up is more feasible for AEK Udon.

noddy

Post by noddy » June 14, 2010, 3:40 am

Try the Ryusuk.

Great rooms with tv and a/c.

You should be able to get a deal monthly.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 1, 2010, 5:57 pm

Ruysuk is good, but will be about 320 baht a night on monthly contract (over 9000). Try asking the staff at say, irish clock - they could maybe point you too a room, as some of them rent locally (maybe might get offered a room share!).

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » July 1, 2010, 6:14 pm

Try the Pakalang Mansion, it's near Makro. The rooms have similar amenities to what you're moving out of. Monthly rentals I believe are 3K or 3.5K. Also rooms have a small balcony (not mentioned in the review below).
WBU ALUM wrote:I highly recommend Pakalang Mansion. It's located in area U17 on the map.

Prices are very good. Rooms are very clean with ample refrigerator space for your own snacks and drinks. There is wifi Internet that is free, and the mattresses are very, very comfortable. Security is excellent and there is little or no noise at night.

Easy walk to Phosi Road where there are numerous modes of transportation into the city. Buses pass often. Little or no waiting time.

If you plan an extended stay, I anticipate that they will give you a reduced rate per night.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » July 1, 2010, 6:32 pm

Tim,

Here are some more reviews on the Pakalang if you're interested & a link to the website:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... t=pakalang

http://www.udonmap.com/pakalang/

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 2, 2010, 4:33 am

afew shops up from the tourist police is Somthavil Apartments and Bangalows, yes bangalows..2000 per month, fan , (fridge and a tv if you ask), toilet , shower, and little balcony..BEWARE, they need a real good clean, but if you can see past that, and use abit of elbow grease, and distinfectant, shes cheap and can be cosy. I would buy a new mattrass also..good noodles shop out front, and food stalls at night, and a short walk to inner city internet and restaurant.laundary around the corner, 7/11 across the road.its poor student accommodation so like I say dont expect to much..

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 4, 2010, 8:31 am

heres the link to AEK Udon Hospital apartments.. They list their bottom line apartment as 3000 baht a month... http://www.aekudonapartment.com/apartme ... ceRoom.asp

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”