Looking to Rent a House

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
boxcar

Looking to Rent a House

Post by boxcar » August 9, 2010, 7:47 am

My spouse and two kids (2 and 4 yrs old) will be moving to Udon for five months at the end of this month. We've been looking online for a house to rent in Udon but have had a hard time finding much of anything. We're looking for 2-3 BR, not too far from the city center. Where's the best place to look? Does anyone know of anything? Our range is around 10K/mo.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Tafia
udonmap.com

Re: Looking to Rent a House

Post by Tafia » August 9, 2010, 11:06 am

boxcar wrote:My spouse and two kids (2 and 4 yrs old) will be moving to Udon for five months at the end of this month. We've been looking online for a house to rent in Udon but have had a hard time finding much of anything. We're looking for 2-3 BR, not too far from the city center. Where's the best place to look? Does anyone know of anything? Our range is around 10K/mo.

Hi
Check out the classified on here or theres a number of estate agents who do rental, one that I have always found friendly and helpful is Preben at FBI check out their website FBI Udon Thani or call on 042246378 / 0872229826

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » August 10, 2010, 12:45 am

I believe you can find many places.Now they might not be in center city.You might have A 5 to 10 minute car ride.

hangsaboot
udonmap.com

Post by hangsaboot » August 10, 2010, 4:17 am

boxcar wrote:My spouse and two kids (2 and 4 yrs old) will be moving to Udon for five months at the end of this month. We've been looking online for a house to rent in Udon but have had a hard time finding much of anything.

i would suggest you check into the family room @ the lotus condotel .
hire a bike or car for a few days , and just drive around the housing estates .
there are many places up for rent , new house are available, near the airport for rent .

boxcar

Post by boxcar » August 10, 2010, 8:50 am

Thanks for the suggestions.

I looked at the FBI website and found only 2 houses that were not already rented out, but they both looked promising. Are there any other reliable real estate people/companies that you know of?

Also, we don't have a vehicle but may buy a scooter or something, so what are the advantages/disadvantages of living right in the city vs. outside the city a bit? I've never been to Udon (or anywhere in the Isaan) so it's hard to imagine.

thanks...

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » August 10, 2010, 11:55 am

This one may fit the bill:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/b ... ?ad_id=438

You couldn't ask for a better landlord or nicer person than this Brit owner and his very nice wife.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » August 10, 2010, 12:10 pm

A nice little House =D>

boxcar

Post by boxcar » August 10, 2010, 12:55 pm

That house does look great except it says minimum 1 yr lease. We will be there for only 5 months :(

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » August 10, 2010, 2:49 pm

Hi,
Boxcar I think that might be your stumbling block, only wanting to rent for five months. A landlord really wants to rent for a min. of twelve months. For a furnished place, 3 bed etc., inside the ring road in Udon 10KB a month is the bare min.. You might be lucky though.
Wish you luck though and I hope you enjoy your stay in Udon.
Cheers Doug.

thai_tan
udonmap.com

Post by thai_tan » August 10, 2010, 6:21 pm

Hi Boxcar,

The house suggested by polehawk is my house and I can let for 5 months, drop me an email at brandtsquires@hotmail or call me tel. 0896219687. No discount if your only taking 5 months though i'm afraid. Thanks to polehawk and the postive comments from the other posters, appreciate it.

thai_tan

boxcar

Post by boxcar » August 11, 2010, 8:03 am

Great! I will send you an email.

Glyn
udonmap.com

Post by Glyn » August 12, 2010, 9:03 pm

Hi boxcar
I'm guessing you are David? That house looks lovely and priced right, Nongsamrong is a nice area, I'd approach the guy, right now is a quiet time for renting and he could have it left empty for another 3 months, by you taking it for 5 months you'd be vacating right in the high season, so even if he doesn't know it yet, you'd actually be doing him a favour, unless it's a logistical reason why he needs 12 months? But as many have said and as I told your wife by email, get here and scout about and that way you will find what you are looking for.

Regards Glyn

Glyn
udonmap.com

Post by Glyn » August 12, 2010, 9:06 pm

Sorry Thai Tan - I didn't read your post, that'll teach me :-)

boxcar

Post by boxcar » August 12, 2010, 9:45 pm

Thank you for all your kind responses! David is going there this weekend to scope things out (btw, the username is neutral so that either one of us can post - sorry for the confusion). And if we can figure out transportation - only being there for 5 months is a problem because it's hardly worth buying a vehicle but renting for that long will probably be too expensive, plus having 2 small kids means we'd have to go Thai style and all pile on the scooter/motorbike to get to church and whatever if we don't have a car (which we won't) - if we can figure that out then living outside the city won't be as much of a problem. I really like the house (an oven!) but transportation is our biggest obstacle.

Eazy-Going
udonmap.com

Post by Eazy-Going » August 12, 2010, 10:53 pm

Sam Laews (sp), very cheap, can get from Nonsamrong to Udon centre for 150BHT and also serviced by the local busses (even cheaper), but will probably have to change at Tesco's. Not a prob at all getting into town from Nonsamrong, takes about 20mins. Agree with Glyn, nice place to make your base, not too far out and good facilities.

Glyn
udonmap.com

Post by Glyn » August 13, 2010, 2:09 pm

Hi Jade,

Some recently aquired info, and I bet a lot of you don't know this! You know the Yellow/blue metered cabs always hanging out near central bus station, well twice my customers have used them and each time they arrive at the door and the meter reads 100bt and that's what they pay, now that ain't bad for an AC cab ride, we should all start using them then the company will expand, we phoned them the other night at 9:30pm and the lady had to wake to answer the phone, she simply told us they'd finished for the night- yeah needs more customers for sure.

Jade do you think David would be happy actually riding a sam-laaw during your 5months, the reason I ask, many of the sam-laaw builders/sellers offer a guaranteed cash back on their vehicles, they're only 55k to buy, however they may even have a newish one in stock (say 45-50k) you could then see what terms they would agree on a cash back in 5 months??? Sam-laaws are a little nerving to drive at first but after an hour or two it becomes second nature, they also top out at 50kph, and drive on fresh air (or so it seems).

Jockey
udonmap.com

Post by Jockey » August 30, 2010, 2:49 pm

boxcar wrote:Thanks for the suggestions.

I looked at the FBI website and found only 2 houses that were not already rented out, but they both looked promising. Are there any other reliable real estate people/companies that you know of?

Also, we don't have a vehicle but may buy a scooter or something, so what are the advantages/disadvantages of living right in the city vs. outside the city a bit? I've never been to Udon (or anywhere in the Isaan) so it's hard to imagine.

thanks...
You could try UDPROPERTY a new real estate agency in the centre of town owned and run by two very nice Thai girls (Nid & Kung) who speak perfect English.

Paem

Post by Paem » November 30, 2010, 10:57 am

boxcar wrote:My spouse and two kids (2 and 4 yrs old) will be moving to Udon for five months at the end of this month. We've been looking online for a house to rent in Udon but have had a hard time finding much of anything. We're looking for 2-3 BR, not too far from the city center. Where's the best place to look? Does anyone know of anything? Our range is around 10K/mo.

are you still house for rent? contact me at [email protected]
i have a nice thai style house for rent .
hope to hearing from you soon

paem.

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”