Top Mansion 2 (Pannarai Hotel)

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » December 31, 2011, 2:04 am

Hello
Is there a date for the opening (or soft opening) for the new Top Mansion? Furthermore has anyone any pics of it's current state they can post.
Cheers
Chris

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Top Mansion 2

Post by BobHelm » December 31, 2011, 9:03 am

I'll try & take some snaps the next time that I pass Chris.
It is certainly starting to look more like a hotel than a building site now, but difficult to say exactly how near completion it is. Thai buildings seem to change over night from being worked on, to being open.
Quite a grand looking place when compared to the original Top Mansion just down the road & looks considerably 'up market' from that.
It still is dwarfed a bit by the huge monster that is the new Complex being built behind it though!!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Top Mansion 2

Post by Zidane » December 31, 2011, 10:28 am

I have to admit that I thought that Top Mansion 2 was the building being constructed next to the Irish Clock but that is actually called the Pannarai Hotel ! :shock:
Where exactly on Soi Sampan is the new Top Mansion 2 located ?? :-k
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Top Mansion 2

Post by BobHelm » December 31, 2011, 11:20 am

:D That is it Zid...The renaming, as well as the actual look of it gave me the going upmarket impression.
I am glad that you got the name as it is certainly not too clear from my attached pics----please excuse, it is a new phone & the rest of it is still a mystery to me, let alone the Camera... :D
TM1.jpg
Looking towards The Irish Clock away from Day & Night
TM2.jpg
Showing the rather large & kerb side main entrance
TM3.jpg
Looking from The Irish Clock side showing Centara looming in the background
TM4.jpg
The entrance in all its current glory, note the crane working on the Complex in the background
TM5.jpg
Slightly better view of the sign
TM5.jpg (132.9 KiB) Viewed 5543 times

Zidane
udonmap.com

Top Mansion 2

Post by Zidane » December 31, 2011, 6:04 pm

Ah,OK,thanks for that Bob.....I think. :-k
So are we saying that Top Mansion 2 will not be called Top Mansion 2 but the Pannarai Hotel but with the same owners as Top Mansion 1 ?
Any other explanation,I think I will have to wait till I am drunk just after midnight to understand !! :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Top Mansion 2

Post by BobHelm » December 31, 2011, 6:28 pm

You got it sober Zid.... :D :D

I don't think the owner ever said it would be actually called The Top Mansion 2, just that he was building a new place. It is just Falang that christened it such.. :D

It will be interesting to see what prices he charges. If it was going to be identical to the existing place then maybe TM2 would have been a good name (a la Ruy Suk) but maybe they don't especially want the direct connection.
There is another, newly built place just up the road past the Clock & the same side, but not highly visible from the Street. I think it is called @Home (but could easily be mistaken :D ). Whatever the name, I understand they are in the 580 baht a night range for standard sized rooms, new though, of course.
I hear on the grapevine that the original Top Mansion is still doing a great trade & not easy to just turn up & get a room....

thrilled
udonmap.com

Top Mansion 2

Post by thrilled » December 31, 2011, 11:04 pm

Every time i go to get A room at Top Mansion,I have to email them about 10 days ahead of time.But theres getting to be more competition near them,not including the new place.

patriot
udonmap.com

Top Mansion 2

Post by patriot » December 31, 2011, 11:09 pm

Thanks for the photos Bob; it's coming on in leaps and bounds. I only called it Top Mansion 2 as I didn't know what it was to be named, sorry if I caused any confusion.
"Oo", Top Mansion's owner, said it was to be more up-market, but the "Coming Soon" banner mentions Top Mansion so I don't believe they intend to disassociate themselves! Whatever, it will definately be my first choice when visiting Udon.
Thanks again; Happy New Year to all ..

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 1, 2012, 11:09 am

I would think a room at the Pannarai would be in the 1000-1200 baht range. :-k
The artists impressions do actually make the place look more spacious and luxurious than it actually is but it does look a nice mid-range standard hotel in a prime location.
Certainly good news for nearby venues like the Irish Clock who could look forward to getting quite a few customers from this new hotel.

wiking
udonmap.com

Top Mansion 2

Post by wiking » January 1, 2012, 11:41 am

no thats to expensive between 700-900 - there are many off other big hotels for less 1000 - Charoen (900) - paradise (892 inkl. breakfast) - Napalai (900)

this will be a hotel for farangs and how many rooms can they rent out, 2 other new hotels with 35 room next door and this with 80 rooms

how many people want to pay this for a room in a ladybar street

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Top Mansion 2

Post by Prenders88 » January 1, 2012, 12:12 pm

"how many people want to pay this for a room in a ladybar street"

Quite a few, the Irish Clock and Top Mansion both have excellent occupany rates, and the new @ Home Hotel, and Station back packer place, have been well recieved. Soi Sampantanits location right near Centara Mall, Prajak Road, and UD Town make it a winner in my book.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

chedd44
Udonmap Sponsor

Top Mansion 2

Post by chedd44 » January 1, 2012, 12:35 pm

Prenders88 wrote:"how many people want to pay this for a room in a ladybar street"

Quite a few, the Irish Clock and Top Mansion both have excellent occupany rates, and the new @ Home Hotel, and Station back packer place, have been well recieved. Soi Sampantanits location right near Centara Mall, Prajak Road, and UD Town make it a winner in my book.
Having chatted to the owners on many occasions they have told me that their target is NOT farang they will charge 900 per night and were hoping to open in Jan but it looks more likely to be in Feb ....

patriot
udonmap.com

Top Mansion 2

Post by patriot » January 1, 2012, 7:27 pm

Thanks for that chedd44, 900 Baht seems fair in a top location. The rooms will certainly be better appointed than the Top Mansion. I'll be up from Ubon in late January so will try it out - if open - but will definitely be in Irish Clock for Breakfast and weekly fill of Fish 'n' Chips.

The PANNARAI HOTEL

Post by The PANNARAI HOTEL » February 18, 2012, 3:28 pm

Dear all Board Users,

Thank you very much for your kind interested in discussing about The PANNARAI HOTEL previously.
We are very pleased to inform you that our "The PANNARAI HOTEL" is located on Sampanthamit Street opposite the Central Plaza Udonthani, we are also settled in the middle of the community that can be easy reached.
We have planned to run the opening on the upcoming Thursday 15th, March, 2012, any changes will be keeping posted. The hotel features 79 spacious rooms pricing started from 1,200 Thai Baht per room per night included breakfast for 2 persons.
It is our great pleasure welcoming the guests from all over the world both of Thai and Foreigner to be ours with the excellent and genuine hospitalities from our team.

Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us directly via this e-mail address: [email protected].

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

The Management Team
:D

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » February 22, 2012, 4:20 am

It doesn't sound like A great price until ya see where 2 breakfasts are included.When ya consider that,and being it's new it sounds ok.

jimbeamm36
udonmap.com

Post by jimbeamm36 » February 22, 2012, 10:43 am

1200 B seems a bit expensive, but then again Udon is booming and prices for everything are going up and up. At least I can say I was here in the " good old days" when I stayed at the Top Mansion for 320 B and drank Big LEOs for 40 B or less.
Good luck to the new Pannarai Hotel. As long as they use the same high quality service standards as the "Top Mansion" they will do fine.

mykthemin
udonmap.com

Post by mykthemin » February 22, 2012, 11:42 am

Far too expensive for Udon, especially where it is located, mind you all the hotels are always very well booked so good luck to them.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » February 22, 2012, 3:11 pm

Its the going rate for many hotels,and good location .Its a winner for sure.

The PANNARAI HOTEL

Post by The PANNARAI HOTEL » February 24, 2012, 10:15 am

thrilled wrote:It doesn't sound like A great price until ya see where 2 breakfasts are included.When ya consider that,and being it's new it sounds ok.
Dear Thrilled,

Of course we are the new open settled in the middle of Udonthani's community closed to the biggest department store in town; Central Plaza, the night markets as well UD Town that can be easy reached, and we are also just a few steps to the Udon Day & Night Arcade.
On the other hand, we are here to service treating all our guests with our excellent and genuine hospitalities.
Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

The Management Team
:)

greatsnake
udonmap.com

Post by greatsnake » February 24, 2012, 11:28 am

To the management: Are you going to build a walkway over the drainage ditch for easy access to the Central shopping complex or will guests have to walk down the street and around the block to get to Central (like people have to now)?

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”