Top Mansion 2 (Pannarai Hotel)

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 24, 2012, 11:54 am

The PANNARAI HOTEL wrote:
Dear Thrilled,

Of course we are the new open settled in the middle of Udonthani's community closed to the biggest department store in town; Central Plaza, the night markets as well UD Town that can be easy reached, and we are also just a few steps to the Udon Day & Night Arcade.
On the other hand, we are here to service treating all our guests with our excellent and genuine hospitalities.
Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

The Management Team
:)
Yes definitely a good location for families wanting access to the shopping etc but a few steps to D&N? Will you be operating a guest friendly policy then?

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » February 24, 2012, 4:53 pm

trubrit wrote: Will you be operating a guest friendly policy then?
Cut to the chase Trubrit. An important point mind you. No point in making plans and them being dashed at the last hurdle.

OT........... \:D/

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 24, 2012, 5:02 pm

old-timer wrote:
trubrit wrote: Will you be operating a guest friendly policy then?
Cut to the chase Trubrit. An important point mind you. No point in making plans and them being dashed at the last hurdle.

OT........... \:D/
Surely you must understand O/T it is as important for those with families to know as for those with their girl of the night trophies .The reason I stopped using Top mansion despite its convenient location after a night in town was the sight of decrepit old men kissing their "conquests" goodbye in the foyer in the morning, Despite my son being 13 at the time and possibly knowing more than me I found it embarrassing .

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » February 24, 2012, 5:50 pm

trubrit wrote:The reason I stopped using Top mansion despite its convenient location after a night in town was the sight of decrepit old men kissing their "conquests" goodbye in the foyer in the morning,
Wasn't OT. I've normally bolted or kicked them out before dawn. And I've never stayed top mansion. A suite room at centara or on the back seat of the pick up suits OT.

OT...................... \:D/

greatsnake
udonmap.com

Post by greatsnake » February 24, 2012, 6:29 pm

trubrit wrote:
old-timer wrote:
trubrit wrote: the sight of decrepit old men kissing their "conquests" goodbye in the foyer in the morning, Despite my son being 13 at the time and possibly knowing more than me I found it embarrassing .
I knew we couldn't have an informative thread on this board without a troll. :fryingpan:

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » February 25, 2012, 7:26 am

looks like a top notch place and will most likely be run very good a top mansion is. 1200 baht with breakfast for 2 is a fair price. No need to try and run the place down before it's even open. Can't afford it then take your girl or lady boy to motel 69

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 25, 2012, 9:22 am

greatsnake wrote:
trubrit wrote:
old-timer wrote:
trubrit wrote: the sight of decrepit old men kissing their "conquests" goodbye in the foyer in the morning, Despite my son being 13 at the time and possibly knowing more than me I found it embarrassing .
I knew we couldn't have an informative thread on this board without a troll. :fryingpan:
Not sure who is considered trolling , me with two references or O/T with one? From my point of view I asked an important question bearing in mind the hotels location in the red light area. Surely the guys with the arm candy would wish to know the answer as much as I, who would be booking for family members. Either way one party might be open to embarrassment ,as might the hotel staff when enforcing the policy .If the management stated what their attitude was it would save that .As for trying to run the place down MS. Can't see anyone who is trying to do that. It is as you say a fair price for the standard on offer .

jonny_w
udonmap.com

Post by jonny_w » February 25, 2012, 9:49 am

mykthemin wrote:Far too expensive for Udon.
with Udon growing at a fast pace, many hoteliers think their going rates they offer is affordable?

I prefer the guesthouses that offer reasonable rates.

I do remember when top mansion was about 250 bt a night

one of the oldest hotels in Udon did a refurb, (across from where I lived) I dont know if they got rid of all the chickens and roosters yet, they crow all night? I was told the rate there was 1200 a night :shock:

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » February 25, 2012, 3:13 pm

Guest friendly?? Nobody asked that about any other hotels mentioned here on UM. Centara for example

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 25, 2012, 3:47 pm

merchant seaman wrote:Guest friendly?? Nobody asked that about any other hotels mentioned here on UM. Centara for example
I can tell you the policy of all Centra hotels throughout Thailand without asking .Only registered guests are permitted in the rooms and to use the recreation facilities . So if you check a friend in at the time of registration and pay for two guests its okay . My point in asking about the Pannarai was , to my knowledge they are not part of a chain so we wouldn't have an established policy to go by and the manager/owner actually mentioned the D&N as a nearby attraction, which made me concerned . :-"

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 25, 2012, 4:08 pm

trubrit wrote: So if you check a friend in at the time of registration and pay for two guests its okay .
While that maybe true it is not the complete story with Centra. You can take anyone you like back to your room at any time with no interference from the management. They are only interested when using facilities that are reserved for guests, for example breakfasts. Even then if you have a non registered guest with you at breakfast it is a simple matter of paying for their breakfast, no form of identification or registration is required in order to do that.

Thank goodness the morality police seem to have little to do with hotel management in & around Udon & long may that continue...

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » February 25, 2012, 4:47 pm

Prior to getting married (when traveling to and from Udon) my fiancé would book a room at the "old" Centra. She would make the reservation in my name. In registering at the desk I was never asked to include her name on the form. She was never asked for identification. But that policy may have changed since then.

greatsnake
udonmap.com

Post by greatsnake » February 25, 2012, 5:18 pm

BobHelm wrote:
Thank goodness the morality police seem to have little to do with hotel management in & around Udon & long may that continue...
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » February 25, 2012, 6:39 pm

trubrit wrote:
merchant seaman wrote:Guest friendly?? Nobody asked that about any other hotels mentioned here on UM. Centara for example
I can tell you the policy of all Centra hotels throughout Thailand without asking .Only registered guests are permitted in the rooms and to use the recreation facilities . So if you check a friend in at the time of registration and pay for two guests its okay . My point in asking about the Pannarai was , to my knowledge they are not part of a chain so we wouldn't have an established policy to go by and the manager/owner actually mentioned the D&N as a nearby attraction, which made me concerned . :-"
Why were you concerned?? Are you planning on booking a room for a couple of nights when they open? If not then it is really no concern.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 25, 2012, 6:58 pm

merchant seaman wrote: Why were you concerned?? Are you planning on booking a room for a couple of nights when they open? If not then it is really no concern.
I can understand Val's concern (not that I necessarily agree with it).

What I don't understand is your concern about his concern. :-k

AroyFarang
udonmap.com

Post by AroyFarang » February 25, 2012, 10:02 pm

Can i ask why you understand Val, whom i believe is Trubrit, concern? Does Val use hotels to bring in bargirls to? From previous posts he seems to be a happily married guy. So the question is why would he be concerned if you can bring one back or not?

He mentioned he thought it maybe of interest to other posters and readers. Surely if it of a concern to them they can ask the question themselves without the need for Trubrit to ask for them......
I don’t have a problem with God. I have a problem with God’s customer support team.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 25, 2012, 10:29 pm

AroyFarang wrote:Can i ask why you understand Val, whom i believe is Trubrit, concern? Does Val use hotels to bring in bargirls to? From previous posts he seems to be a happily married guy. So the question is why would he be concerned if you can bring one back or not?

He mentioned he thought it maybe of interest to other posters and readers. Surely if it of a concern to them they can ask the question themselves without the need for Trubrit to ask for them......
Perhaps you are looking on the wrong side of the coin.
trubrit » February 24, 2012, 5:02 pm

..........it is as important for those with families to know as for those with their girl of the night trophies .The reason I stopped using Top mansion despite its convenient location after a night in town was the sight of decrepit old men kissing their "conquests" goodbye in the foyer in the morning, Despite my son being 13 at the time and possibly knowing more than me I found it embarrassing .

AroyFarang
udonmap.com

Post by AroyFarang » February 25, 2012, 10:57 pm

I certainly understand Trubrits point Jack spratt but rather than trying to be a mouthpiece for the farang community in Udon here on UM maybe he can let people make their own point rather than trying to figure out whats going on in other peoples heads?

He seems to want to comment on everything and has an opinion on everything. in Other words a bit of a know it all. I dont comment on here too much with people like him being the reason.

Ive no interest in getting in argument here and thats all i have to say about that.

Good luck to you Sir.
I don’t have a problem with God. I have a problem with God’s customer support team.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 26, 2012, 7:17 am

BobHelm wrote:
trubrit wrote: So if you check a friend in at the time of registration and pay for two guests its okay .
While that maybe true it is not the complete story with Centra. You can take anyone you like back to your room at any time with no interference from the management. They are only interested when using facilities that are reserved for guests, for example breakfasts. Even then if you have a non registered guest with you at breakfast it is a simple matter of paying for their breakfast, no form of identification or registration is required in order to do that.

Don't know if you have stayed there since the re-opening Bob but I can assure you they are strict about unregistered guests going to the rooms . As for morality police. For once your normal common sense seems to have deserted you.
I would consider it is the hotels responsibility to protect its guests from unauthorised persons having access to any where but the purely public area .I certainly sleep better at night knowing the vermin of the night aren't outside my room .Not to do so would be the immoral act in my view .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 26, 2012, 7:35 am

Back to the Pannarai hotel .I was rather hoping that the management would have replied to my question as by the details of the new premises it would appear to offer all the facilities and at the right price that I like to book for my visiting friends and family . My only concern was its location adjoining the many girly bars in the area .I would have thought the management would have decided if its target audience were families or the patrons and the clients of those bars, for surely they are not compatible .So without clarification of this I must make my own decision as to its suitability and have come to the conclusion that the general unsavoury, possibly dangerous nature of the area makes it an unwise choice for me .In view of this and as this is the hotels topic, I feel that maybe all posts from my original question onwards should be either moved or deleted .If only out of fairness to the new business.

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”