Best Hotel Near Ban Lueam

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » July 14, 2012, 11:05 am

Hi , need a bit of help with a hotel booking , the one i planned to book (Prajaktra Design Hotel) is now full , so im thinking about Napalai , which gets mixed reviews but says its four star ? , cost isnt really an issue and must have at least three stars and close to Ban Lueam , im a bit wary to book something online and then find out its not as it appeared when you get there ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 14, 2012, 11:24 am

Quite a tricky one this.....
No way the Napalai is a 4 star.....the reception area is not too bad but the rooms are dated now.I'd rate it about 2 stars tbh.
The only 3 star upwards hotel in Udon is the Centara Hotel right next to the Central Plaza Shopping Mall and about 5 minutes walk to the Nightmarket and farang restaurant/bar area.
However its a good 3 miles from the Ban Lueam area.If you havent got transport a saamlaw will cost you between 80-100 baht.
Faced with a choice I'd book the Centara over the Napalai any day,if you fancy your home comforts,but depends wether or not you dont mind a little bit of travelling,I guess.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » July 14, 2012, 11:37 am

I was just about to book the Napalai, basically because it was a four star and looked good in the photos , then i started reading mixed reviews ,

other possible ones were Ban Chiang , Paradise Hotel , Much-che Manta ?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 14, 2012, 12:02 pm

SJP17 wrote:I was just about to book the Napalai, basically because it was a four star and looked good in the photos , then i started reading mixed reviews ,

other possible ones were Ban Chiang , Paradise Hotel , Much-che Manta ?
The Napalai is the only 1 of these that I have stayed at, howbeit quite a while ago...
2 & a bit stars back then about the only great thing that it had going was near to the airport if on a morning flight.
The Paradise & Ban Chaing are also, like the Napalai. a bit long in the tooth.
The Much-che Manta is certainly a fairly new enterprise & I believe, is owned by the same people who own Tong Nee Soon Supermarkets. If true, the later would be enough to convince me that they are most likely to understand what customer service means.
With limited knowledge, of the 4 you mention I think Much-che Manta probably holds the least risk & the best chance of a good experience..

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 14, 2012, 12:12 pm

BobHelm wrote:............... best chance of a good experience.............
Aaarghhh! ........... there's that word again. :evil:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... ce#p297682

:D

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » July 14, 2012, 1:27 pm

BobHelm wrote: The Paradise & Ban Chaing are also, like the Napalai. a bit long in the tooth.
The Paradise was renovated not that long ago and looks very smart IMO http://www.paradiseudon.com I agree The Ban Chaing and Napalai have seen better days, however I thing they're refurbishing the Napali at the moment.

Much Che Manta website is here: http://www.much-chemanta.com/

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » July 15, 2012, 1:30 pm

Don't know the names but there is a new hotel just before the old Harry's Bar (Chris's Place now) (it sets in behind some other shops, so hard to see when passing by), on other side of road. Being new and fairly big should be nice inside. There is also that Hotel where the last American Embassy out reach was held that I went too, about a year ago. The lobby was nice. Both are not too far from Ban Lueam. Maybe someone knows their names and #'s or web site.

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”