Also looking for a house to rent

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
fremmel
udonmap.com

Also looking for a house to rent

Post by fremmel » January 5, 2007, 9:08 am

My wife and I plan to move to Udon next month and are driving up in a couple of weeks to look for a house to rent. I've looked over the last few months' postings, especially sp12's thread last month, and it seems that First Homes, PK Thani, Krissana VIP Home, and perhaps BB Resort are good places to look.

We plan to rent for about a year while we look for some land in the countryside to build a house. I'd like to find a modern 3 bedroom house, 2 or 3 bath, partially to fully furnished, with 3 or 4 aircons. I'd prefer it to be around 10,000 or less unless it's something special. Away from the city center is probably better because a big concern is noise. Having escaped from Pattaya to a really quiet place a couple of years ago I don't want to go back to having to listen to bars, lots of soi dogs, or having a phoo yai baan jabber away on the PA.

If y'all know any additional places to look or maybe any houses that are available, I'd appreciate knowing about them.

Thanks,
Jack

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » January 5, 2007, 11:57 am

I suspect that you will be hard pressed to find everything that you want for 10,000 or less a month. What you are looking for is more in the neighborhood of 15,000 to 20,000 per month.
Ain't Easy Being Me

sp12
udonmap.com

Post by sp12 » January 5, 2007, 1:01 pm

Hi Jack

Driving around is your best bet to finding something decent. You can get a feel for the various estates and also check out the local area around the estate for shops etc. The house I found was advertised with a very small sign on the gate in thai so look out for those. Right now there are no more available on Krissana Vip but I will post if any become available.

Good luck

Tom

fremmel
udonmap.com

Post by fremmel » January 6, 2007, 10:09 am

Well, I guess I either overstated my requirements or under estimated how much it will cost. For me a modern house is something built in the last 15 or 20 years and in decent repair. Although I would hope the aircons were more recent. I had picked my target price from looking at some of the previous posts. Perhaps I was optimistic.

Thanks for the feedback.

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » January 6, 2007, 12:35 pm

Typically, houses will have one air conditioner - in the bedroom. Rare that an older house will have one in the lounge area. Reason is that the lounge areas are so open - and it is difficult to cool just that room.

However, you can typically negotiate with the landlord to put in your own ACs, with the stipulation that you can take them with you when you leave. I have had that arrangement with all of my land lords. Last AC cost me something like 13,000 installed.

Houses built 20 years ago typically won't have an indoor kitchen, but instead a Thai style kitchen.

The house that I am renting is 3 bed, 2 bath with indoor kitchen. Nothing fancy mind you - just a gas stove and kitchen sink. I had to install cupboards - which I picked up cheap at Global.

Furnished houses will typically have poor quality furniture. I decided that it was better to rent unfurnished and then bought my own furniture. Was cheaper in the long run because I was able to get what I wanted, and what I was comfortable with.

If you are renting from a Thai, I can practically guarantee that things will not be all that good of a condition. It's better if you can rent from a falang, but those places are few and far between.

I do know of one house that is available - possibly in your price range. PM me and I will get you in touch with the falang owner.
Ain't Easy Being Me

ntvillas2
udonmap.com

Post by ntvillas2 » January 6, 2007, 9:58 pm

i have 4 bed rooms all with air condition in Udon its a nice Clean House 10 years old Call me on +66 0868 592 986 ask for Charles.
i am Building New a New House and will be Moving and Renting This house out soon
i can help with building a new house in the county 20 min from Udon. i can Get you any Size land you need. please advise.

regards charles law
if you will take a Modern House Fully Furnished with 1 Air Condition i can help from The 16th Jan when Tim Leaves my 2nd House. with A Garage as Well

ok Bye for Now
ntvillas-com

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 6, 2007, 10:30 pm

when Tim Leaves my 2nd House.
whos Tim ? (am i the only one who don't know)

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » January 7, 2007, 8:59 am

Found you a new house (2 years at the most) fully furnished - inluding bedding. Large landscaped garden with fish pond / fountain. European kitchen. House sits back from the road about 5 car lengths. All you would have to purchase is cooking pots and pans and dishes. 15,000 per month. PM me for more information.
Ain't Easy Being Me

fremmel
udonmap.com

Post by fremmel » January 7, 2007, 9:06 am

I've actually been toying with the idea of doing what Doc's talking about. We've got about half a houseful of furniture so we're sort of betwixt and between. Not enough to furnish a house but too much to really fit in a fully furnished house. Since we're going to build a house in the near future I've been trying to hold off buying much else until we know what size, shape, color, etc. we'll want. But it may be better to go with an unfurnished house and get some basic stuff to hold us over and then pass it on to the in-laws when we don't need it. I'm glad to hear that it's possible to get a landlord to agree to a temporary AC installation. That may well be the best way to go if the electric service is strong enough to take it.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » January 7, 2007, 9:32 am

There's quite a few houses in Moo Bahn Rom Yen 3 which come up for rent. The more basic Thai style ones tend to be about 4500-5000 baht per month, but usually only have Thai style kitchens and little or no furniture. You only tend to find out about those through local word of mouth.

The one I rented was almost fully furnished, very well decorated inc pictures on the walls, had a western style kitchen, plus gas ring, and tel line. And AC in the main bedroom. She originally wanted 8k pm for that, but eventually came down to to 6k pm because I paid 6/12 months in advance. The house behind, which was totally unfurnished was let for 5K pm.

Rom Yen 4 should be coming on stream soon.

fremmel
udonmap.com

Post by fremmel » January 9, 2007, 10:36 am

Thanks arjay. I'll put Rom Yen on my list to check out too.

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”