Jan Condotel - Is anyone home?

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
chocoparti

Jan Condotel - Is anyone home?

Post by chocoparti » May 19, 2007, 5:46 pm

I have been interested in staying at Jan Condotel, but I get no replies to my request for reservations by email. Are they open? The ad seems inviting with high speed connections in each room.

If anyone has stayed there or knows if they are now operating - please reply.

Chocoparti

=D>

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » May 19, 2007, 6:03 pm

Yes, they are still operating the last that I knew - a couple of weeks ago. Actually quite a nice place - at least from the outside.

Not very close to the town center though - you would need to use a Tuk-Tuk to get to town and back again.

If you want to PM me your details - dates you want to stay, etc. etc. I can stop by there and make a reservation for you.
Ain't Easy Being Me

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 20, 2007, 11:25 am

i have stayed there a few times, the rooms are comfortable and a good value. it is walking distance to most things, especially nong prajack park, which has many vendors for food, massage, painting for kids of all ages. along with exercise areas. quite a social gathering around 5 pm onward. if not as lazy as me, also within walking distance to town center, maybe a km or 2 at most. if sun is too much that day, baht buses (7 baht) run everywhere and inexpensive during the day, so transportation shouldn't be a problem. easy to negotiate the routes w/copy of udonmap.

don't know about the wireless, as i didn't notice since i don't have laptop. also will make reservation for you if you like, book a couple nights ahead, especially if arriving on weekend, see if you like, if so, extend booking or move on. everything is close if wanting to move on. it is quiet at night, as not near any music venues or high traffic streets/sois. close to all things on that side of town, and the other side really isn't that far away if walking or taking public trans. at night time, you will be at the mercy or tuk tuks, but not a major problem. i can usually negotiate a 40-50 baht fair, just walk away till you find one. which is hard right in front of shopping mall, just turn the corner and they will negotiate.

oh yea, if staying on popular thai holiday weekend, they sometimes jack up the rate 200 baht. TIT

InAsia
udonmap.com

Post by InAsia » May 20, 2007, 1:31 pm

The accommodations, including Internet connection (LAN, I think), are excellent. The owner is the nicest Thai woman that I ever met in 22 trips to Thailand. This number worked the last time I was there: 042329223.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » June 22, 2007, 11:39 pm

I'll add my recommendation for selecting Jan Condotel. I've been staying there the last two weeks. Built about three years ago, it has 34 standard rooms and two suites. Standard rooms are good size and have a comfortable large bed. There is plenty of wardrobe space, a desk for using your lap top, TV with 100 (?) mostly Thai channels, remote control air-con, and fridge. Parking space is provided, some under the hotel. It offers in-room lap top connection and there is a desk top computer in the lobby. Non-alcohol drinks are sold in the lobby.

The 2 internet shops just outside the hotel, charging 15TB per hour and selling snacks and beverages (including various beers), stay open past midnight. They become crowded with young school girls after school is out.

I'm paying 500TB for a standard room. The suites which are quite nice are let for 20,000TB per month. Suites are comprised of two bedrooms, a living room, and a kitchen.

The staff I've met speak very little english. You should expect some difficulties when calling for a reservation. It's likely you will be asked to wait while they search for a staff member that speaks some english.

The hotel is located on Soi Sampsuk between Posri Road and Srisuk Road. Their website is www.jancondotel.com

There is a gem of a Thai open-air restaurant, Oyster Hotpot, just around the corner of Soi Sampsuk on Posri Road, less than a five minute walk. It has the very best fried rice. The Tom Yum Goung (sp?) is not bad either. Their spicy papaya salad with seafood looked quite good, but I leave that to my girl friend. Oh, the price? Well, a large plate of fried rice and a coke is 35BT. The oyster hot pot dish wasn't as good IMO as their other menu items.

The Good Everything restaurant is located a ten minute walk away or a 40BT tuk-tuk ride. Other restaurants, shops, and markets are found throughout the area. Prajak Park is about 400 meters away on the other side of Posri Road.

The Jan Condotel is located about 3 kilometers, a 60BT and 15-minute tuk-tuk ride, from the Chareonsri Shopping Complex, falang alley, Irish Clock, and The City Lodge.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » June 23, 2007, 7:36 am

I

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » June 23, 2007, 10:46 am

The long stay rate quoted by TJ of 20K baht, albeit for a suite, sounds pretty sharp too!!

You could rent a 3 bedroom house with all mod cons for a third of that.

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by Nick@AUA » June 23, 2007, 10:53 am

arjay wrote:The long stay rate quoted by TJ of 20K baht, albeit for a suite, sounds pretty sharp too!!

You could rent a 3 bedroom house with all mod cons for a third of that
Really? Please tell me where - I have been looking for a house for ages now...

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » June 23, 2007, 11:22 am

Well try Moo Ban Rom Yen 3 for starters. There are places at around 4500 baht pm up to around 6k and 7k depending on exactly what you are getting in terms of kitchens, AC etc.

The place I rented was 6k pm, with 3 bedrooms, 1 AC, European Kitchen, a fridge and single burner.

The adjoining Moo Ban Rom Yen 4 must be coming on stream now.

Most of the estates with single storey bungalow type houses have places around the 5-7K baht mark. Also try First Homes, or anything around the ring road.

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”