Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
Post Reply
dtammakhung
udonmap.com
Posts: 143
Joined: May 11, 2014, 9:59 pm

Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Post by dtammakhung » November 20, 2018, 6:47 pm

And for the future, a rate of around 2500 to 4000 for a month.



User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 2089
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Post by vincemunday » November 20, 2018, 8:29 pm

Most apartments will charge about 3500 baht per month + water + electricity, some will accept Farang, some won't. You can get cheaper "fan" apartments but they're usually quite basic.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

User avatar
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com
Posts: 5464
Joined: February 7, 2007, 9:12 am
Location: ຫຼວງພຣະບາງ, ວຽງຈັນ, ສະຫວັນນະເຂດ, ສ.ປ.ປ; ໂຕຮວນໂຕ (โทรอนโต), ແຄນາດາ (แคนาดา)

Re: Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 20, 2018, 11:13 pm

I do not know about Udon, but in Khon Kaen, you can get a fan room for 200 baht a night at the Roma Hotel There is a bed, squat toilet and shower, and that is about it. It is near the old bus station #2 beside the Khon Kaen Hotel.
ເຮົາຈະລ່ວງພັ້ນຄວາມຕາຍໄປ່ບໍ່ໄດ

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com
Posts: 828
Joined: April 16, 2016, 9:20 am

Re: Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Post by Marcosteffano » November 21, 2018, 8:58 am

Yes for 200 baht a night you can expect a bum drum or farang stable.for 3,500-4,000baht a month you'll get a room with a fridge in and if it's got air con expect to pay more than 4.5baht a kw for electric.dont know of any apartments for less than 8,000b in the city.good luck.

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 2089
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Post by vincemunday » November 21, 2018, 1:01 pm

There are lots of apartments in the city for 3500 to 4500, just look on the Thai Facebook sale sites, however a lot of them won't take farang, too much messing around with reporting etc.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

User avatar
mech_401
udonmap.com
Posts: 385
Joined: August 13, 2018, 3:59 am

Re: Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Post by mech_401 » November 21, 2018, 1:07 pm

i know a couple cheap guesthouses ( put thais up
there) 180-200/day fan room . ริชโฮเท็ล rich hotel
opposite train station across tracks ทวีทรัพย์ แมนชั่น taweesap mansion adulyadet rd soi 1 very basic . there are others but too dodgy , for friends stay as vince says, innumerable apts available thai only

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com
Posts: 828
Joined: April 16, 2016, 9:20 am

Re: Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Post by Marcosteffano » November 22, 2018, 5:13 pm

vincemunday wrote:
November 21, 2018, 1:01 pm
There are lots of apartments in the city for 3500 to 4500, just look on the Thai Facebook sale sites, however a lot of them won't take farang, too much messing around with reporting etc.
I think your getting confused between apartments and rooms.for a start an apartment will have a kitchen where a room might have a kettle if your lucky.cheap Charlie as he's called himself is probably looking for a room @200b a night with no contract where renting an apartment will probably be under a contract.

User avatar
marjamlew
udonmap.com
Posts: 1787
Joined: March 13, 2006, 2:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Post by marjamlew » November 24, 2018, 6:01 am

Siri Udon Hotel used to be in that price range for a fan room: 58 Umpur Rd, Tambon Mak Khaeng, Amphoe Mueang Udon Thani, Chang Wat Udon Thani 41000, Thailand 58 ถนน อำเภอ ตำบล หมากแข้ง อำเภอเมืองอุดรธานี อุดรธานี 41000
Great location.
Watch Me!!

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 2089
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Post by vincemunday » November 24, 2018, 7:26 am

Marcosteffano wrote:
November 22, 2018, 5:13 pm
vincemunday wrote:
November 21, 2018, 1:01 pm
There are lots of apartments in the city for 3500 to 4500, just look on the Thai Facebook sale sites, however a lot of them won't take farang, too much messing around with reporting etc.
I think your getting confused between apartments and rooms.for a start an apartment will have a kitchen where a room might have a kettle if your lucky.cheap Charlie as he's called himself is probably looking for a room @200b a night with no contract where renting an apartment will probably be under a contract.
No confusion here, there are lots of town centre air con apartments available to Thai at that price level, with basic kitchens (I have 10) some even have the bedroom separated albeit only by a stud wall and a curtain, I haven't gone this far yet but I'm considering it.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

User avatar
mech_401
udonmap.com
Posts: 385
Joined: August 13, 2018, 3:59 am

Re: Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Post by mech_401 » November 24, 2018, 7:31 am

" there are lots of apartments in city for 3,500-4,500"

more than you can count, but there's also dozen
tech schools, junior colleges , so i guess demand

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com
Posts: 828
Joined: April 16, 2016, 9:20 am

Re: Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Post by Marcosteffano » November 24, 2018, 10:42 am

vincemunday wrote:
November 24, 2018, 7:26 am
Marcosteffano wrote:
November 22, 2018, 5:13 pm
vincemunday wrote:
November 21, 2018, 1:01 pm
There are lots of apartments in the city for 3500 to 4500, just look on the Thai Facebook sale sites, however a lot of them won't take farang, too much messing around with reporting etc.
I think your getting confused between apartments and rooms.for a start an apartment will have a kitchen where a room might have a kettle if your lucky.cheap Charlie as he's called himself is probably looking for a room @200b a night with no contract where renting an apartment will probably be under a contract.
No confusion here, there are lots of town centre air con apartments available to Thai at that price level, with basic kitchens (I have 10) some even have the bedroom separated albeit only by a stud wall and a curtain, I haven't gone this far yet but I'm considering it..........I've got her son needing a place for when he goes college and been told 3,5-4,000b for a room with no kitchen or air con.not that I want him to have air con but he needs a kitchen.

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 2089
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Post by vincemunday » November 24, 2018, 9:49 pm

For 3500 baht + elec @ 6 + water @ 20 he can have both, trouble is I'm full at the moment, when does he start? Our kitchens are quite basic, a sink, drainer, somewhere to keep the plates, a table and an electricity point for the cooker (we don't allow gas). We have on site washing machines, water machines and telephone top up machine, we keep them nice and the whole Soi is family with my mum in law literally across the road if he's worried about anything. I'm assuming he's Thai? We don't allow Farang, we thought about it for a while but decided against it, are you interested if I get one free?
Attachments
IMG_0154.JPG
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 3082
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Post by Barney » November 24, 2018, 11:39 pm

Since he only suggested he or she wanted a hotel room, looking at bookings.com, will provide a number of rooms in UT very close to his price range. Also far cheaper for a month then noted here in the thread, most likely farang friendly, no stress being surrounded by the owners family if you happen to slip up one night and I’ll guess no extra for power etc.

Whatever happened to the UT backpackers?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
mech_401
udonmap.com
Posts: 385
Joined: August 13, 2018, 3:59 am

Re: Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Post by mech_401 » November 25, 2018, 3:55 am

renthub.in.th english udon

google that string and you'll get 130 apartments
in town. so cheap, i dont think advertisers could
complain& guys with sons and nieces looking for
" student housing" might find it informative

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com
Posts: 828
Joined: April 16, 2016, 9:20 am

Re: Cheap Charlie looking for 200 baht hotel in Udon. Any ideas?

Post by Marcosteffano » November 25, 2018, 7:45 am

vincemunday wrote:
November 24, 2018, 9:49 pm
For 3500 baht + elec @ 6 + water @ 20 he can have both, trouble is I'm full at the moment, when does he start? Our kitchens are quite basic, a sink, drainer, somewhere to keep the plates, a table and an electricity point for the cooker (we don't allow gas). We have on site washing machines, water machines and telephone top up machine, we keep them nice and the whole Soi is family with my mum in law literally across the road if he's worried about anything. I'm assuming he's Thai? We don't allow Farang, we thought about it for a while but decided against it, are you interested if I get one free?
I'll keep your place in mind for when the time comes.as usual no info from the wife of what college,when but what it's going to cost me.

Post Reply

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”