Just got my ASQ reservations

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
vxspiritxv

Just got my ASQ reservations

Post by vxspiritxv » April 28, 2021, 3:45 pm

Looking forward to my trip; Just wondering if anyone can suggest hotel with softest bed (& pref quiet by midnight) near UD Town (day/night/nutty is fine). I've stayed at the central mall hotel, those were too hard, at least they were ~5 years ago. If there's nothing considered soft there, suggestions on a place to get a topper that's not too expensive (as I would only be there like 2 weeks).

Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: Just got my ASQ reservations

Post by Niggly » April 29, 2021, 10:16 am

I always found Pannarai beds to be really comfortable. Never bothered by any noise, particularly if you get a room poolside, but with the current restrictions in place nowhere is busy enough to cause a commotion anyway.

Siam Grand was excellent too but I think a bit far away for you
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 29, 2021, 10:31 am

vxspiritxv wrote:
April 28, 2021, 3:45 pm
Looking forward to my trip; Just wondering if anyone can suggest hotel near UD Town (day/night/nutty is fine).
Hoping to get a glimpse of the geezers shuffling into and out of the cow shed? You can't leave your room, so why does location matter?
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 29, 2021, 10:32 am

Your post is a little confusing (to me at least) - are you looking for an ASQ hotel in Udon, or for an Udon hotel post-ASQ?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 29, 2021, 10:38 am

I might have interpreted it incorrectly but my take is the OP has secured the ASQ reservations (thread title) so the trip to Thailand is definitely on with the intention to visit Udon after quarantine so suggestions for hotels.

I’ve not heard of any but are there any hotels in Udon for ASQ?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 29, 2021, 10:46 am

No.

That's why I thought it best to clarify. I assumed he meant post ASQ in Udon, until he said he would only be there 2 weeks - which is the ASQ time.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 29, 2021, 10:53 am

Niggly wrote:
April 29, 2021, 10:38 am
I might have interpreted it incorrectly but my take is the OP has secured the ASQ reservations (thread title) so the trip to Thailand is definitely on with the intention to visit Udon after quarantine so suggestions for hotels.

I see that AEK Udon is offering Alternative Hotel Quarantine (AHQ) packages.

https://aekudon.com/promotion-detail.php?id=640

Either way, you are spot on with your earlier assessment of there being bugger all action to be close to, Soi Sampan or otherwise.

The OP needs to have a decent quantity of face masks to get through the first few days and while he's buying booze for drinking 'at home'. Otherwise, they are easily available at the usual outlets.
Last edited by tamada on April 29, 2021, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 29, 2021, 11:00 am

Niggly wrote:
April 29, 2021, 10:38 am

Cant confirm but earlier in the pandemic the Prajaktra hotel was lined up to be a quarantine hotel .. as Tam posted AEK appear to be which makes real sense as they have the AEK apartments attached to the hospital.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 29, 2021, 11:11 am

^^^ don’t you think if the OP had “just got my ASQ reservations” he wouldn’t need to be looking for a hotel for quarantine? Just because 2 weeks is mentioned doesn’t mean it’s likely to be ASQ

Anyway, crack on with your full clarity of the OPs intentions, I won’t lose any sleep over saying the Pannarai has comfortable beds (pun intended) & he doesn’t end up booking a room there for whatever reason

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 29, 2021, 12:56 pm

Assuming the OP title was just an eager opening to post about accommodation for a 2-week Udon stay AFTER ASQ, what's the name of the hotel on Sampan that opened maybe in the last three years and got some good initial reviews from some members? Is it the Old Inn? Red brick, industrial themed place?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 29, 2021, 1:08 pm

Yes the Old Inn is an industrial warehouse style accommodation. I can’t comment on bed softness though, never stopped there.
The Boy liked @Home Udon when he visited.
I can also recommend the 9D beds but it’s a bit far out

We drove down Sampan yesterday & it looked like the Banbua Grand was being gutted. Hardly been open anytime because of Covid so I guess they’ve given up now.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » April 29, 2021, 3:23 pm

How would an ASQ hotel in Udon work for long haul travellers? The hotel would have to send a private vehicle to transit the passenger from BKK.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 29, 2021, 3:48 pm

samster wrote:
April 29, 2021, 3:23 pm
How would an ASQ hotel in Udon work for long haul travellers? The hotel would have to send a private vehicle to transit the passenger from BKK.
Having done ASQ in Bangkok, having worked COE/ASQ through the embassy in DC, I'm pretty confident in saying that ASQ isn't going to happen in Udon. Phuket's possible because there are/were direct international flights to Phuket. Udon's way off the radar for that sort of thing to happen.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 29, 2021, 4:10 pm

I assumed that the OP was requesting a hotel that would meet his requirements after completing ASQ probably in Bangkok, but than I may be wrong , as so many think I am a complete idiot. Which says a lot judging by some of the replies from others.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » April 29, 2021, 4:14 pm

parrot wrote:
April 29, 2021, 3:48 pm
samster wrote:
Having done ASQ in Bangkok, having worked COE/ASQ through the embassy in DC, I'm pretty confident in saying that ASQ isn't going to happen in Udon. Phuket's possible because there are/were direct international flights to Phuket. Udon's way off the radar for that sort of thing to happen.
So if you were coming from Laos!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 29, 2021, 4:19 pm

parrot wrote:
April 29, 2021, 3:48 pm
samster wrote:
I agree, Parrot.

Another reason is that, as I understand it, an ASQ hotel cannot take other guests. I doubt that there would be sufficient demand to allow an Udon hotel to become solely ASQ.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » April 29, 2021, 4:24 pm

^^ i don't believe you can come from Laos currently as a foreign tourist? But don't take my word for it.

There were no ASQ hotels in Udon on the ASQ list when i checked last month. Closed to Udon was Buriram.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 29, 2021, 4:38 pm

WTF is so hard about the OP. He is looking for comfortable accomodation here in Udon after leaving ASQ.

To him I recommend the Pannarai. In saying that at 1400 Baht/night may not fit his budget.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 29, 2021, 4:47 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
April 29, 2021, 4:38 pm
To him I recommend the Pannarai. In saying that at 1400 Baht/night may not fit his budget.
I think they’re feeling the squeeze (as all in the hospitality industry) as it was certainly 1400 + baht a night before but they’re down to 900 from 1st May

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 29, 2021, 5:00 pm

Just in case you missed it, AEK Udon is offering AHQ and not ASQ.

If you have questions, e-mail AEK Udon but don't expect a fast response. They haven't responded to my earlier query regards PCR testing.

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”