Pattaya - Udon Thani by bus?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
samuel5552002

Pattaya - Udon Thani by bus?

Post by samuel5552002 » October 18, 2008, 8:08 pm

Hello Im going to Thailand in january. I want to travel to UdonThani, from Pattaya. Does anybody know if I can get a bus from Pattya to Udon, (without changing in Bangkok)?
I fancy going up to Udon for maybe 5 nights (I usually only go to pattaya foor 4 weeks! every year!). I know there is a bus station on Sukhumvitt road in Pattaya, Im wondering if they have any direct buses from there please? If not, I shall probably get a train or a plane from Bangkok!Thanks in advance guys!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Pattaya to Udon thani?

Post by BobHelm » October 18, 2008, 8:16 pm

samuel5552002

Post by samuel5552002 » October 19, 2008, 3:12 pm

Many thanks for that Bob.Ithink it will be easier to just get the bus from Pattaya, rather than going into Bangkok and transferring to either train or plane! Cheers!

wiking
udonmap.com

Post by wiking » October 19, 2008, 4:45 pm

there are going to bus company direct from Pattaya to Udon
normal bus and VIP bus in the morning and the afternoon
one company is by the gas station and the other on the other side, but this on the other side, I had to change in koenkaen but no problem
I took the morning, one going about 8 and the other about 10
and they stop in the central Udon

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » October 19, 2008, 7:16 pm

couple questions about the bus from Udon Thani to Pattaya one is it a VIP bus two how many hours does it take to get to the destination three does it make food & refreshment stops and four how much does it cost

Geordie
udonmap.com

Post by Geordie » October 20, 2008, 12:37 am

aznyron wrote:couple questions about the bus from Udon Thani to Pattaya one is it a VIP bus two how many hours does it take to get to the destination three does it make food & refreshment stops and four how much does it cost

Last time i used the bus to Patt was about 2 years ago,the bus was comfortable,AC,reclining seats,bottled water& a Thai sandwitch provided.We travelled overnight leaving Udon about 8-30 pm arriving Patt Sukamvit RD at the top of central rd about 5-45 am.Two refreshment stops Korat & kabinburi there was a bog on board if you needed it.Price at the time 450bht one way.Hope this helps you a little bit!!!!!!!!!

woody
udonmap.com

Post by woody » October 20, 2008, 6:35 am

long distance bus trips in los

very much not my favorite way to travel

i will not do night trips period

that said i've never done that trip in a bus, only a pickup

my choice would be got to hualamphong and train it

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » October 20, 2008, 11:52 am

The 407 Bus Company route is Nong Khai-Udon Thani-Pattaya-Rayong, bus stops outside Pattaya on the Highway to Rayong. The Baht Bus Mafia are waiting by the bus stop, and will take you in town. Udon Thani Bus Station telephone number is 042- 247950~952 or 407 Bus telephone number 042-243800, 249664, 242598. Ask them for the times.
You will need to book to be sure of a seat, and book well in advance if you intend to travel during Thai Holidays.
Take earplugs if travelling on any night service, a packet of wet wipes, and anti-bacterial hand gel, if you intend to take a dump in the bus toilet.
Last edited by Prenders88 on October 20, 2008, 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » October 20, 2008, 12:04 pm

I think in fact it is the 407 service which runs from Nong Khai to Rayong and stops in Udon and Pattaya.

samuel5552002

Post by samuel5552002 » October 21, 2008, 2:04 pm

Thanks for all the replies guys.I think I would prefer to go by train! However I think the bus ids less hasle, I mean I wouldnt have to go into Bangkok (same as a plane). So going by bus (probably at night!) means not having to change at Bangkok etc. I imagine it takes about 10 hours to get there?. Thanks again!

hxjohn
udonmap.com

Post by hxjohn » October 21, 2008, 6:11 pm

Prenders88 wrote:The 407 Bus Company route is Nong Khai-Udon Thani-Pattaya-Rayong, bus stops outside Pattaya on the Highway to Rayong. The Baht Bus Mafia are waiting by the bus stop, and will take you in town. Udon Thani Bus Station telephone number is 042- 247950~952 or 407 Bus telephone number 042-243800, 249664, 242598. Ask them for the times.
You will need to book to be sure of a seat, and book well in advance if you intend to travel during Thai Holidays.
Take earplugs if travelling on any night service, a packet of wet wipes, and anti-bacterial hand gel, if you intend to take a dump in the bus toilet.
very good advise the last and only time i used the 407 bus toilet it looked like that toilet out of the movie trainspotinghttp://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1XrvpEIiC1w :oops: :oops: :oops:

wiking
udonmap.com

Post by wiking » October 21, 2008, 6:42 pm

therefore I took the bus on the otherside, a lot more confort, but is anly going to koenkaen

next I have to go, I would only take the bus to korat and than change to a 30 seat VIP bus, they are nice

the best is udonair
nr. 2 chantour
nr. 3 ruangprasert

the train to udon is no alternativ, bad and slowly

you can also take a bus from pattaya to nothern busstation and then change to a VIP bus

take a bus to new airport and take airasia

NokTang
udonmap.com

Is there a VIP morning bus to Pattaya-beyond...

Post by NokTang » April 25, 2009, 7:17 am

Good Morning.

In a brief search, only generic "every hour" stuff. I'm interested in a nice/VIP bus from Udon which bypasses Bangkok and goes directly to Conburi-Pattaya-Rayong etc.. Does anyone know if same exist and which bus company? I will pay extra for VIP and reserved seats but only travel in the day. Don't like overnight bus trips.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day. Nok the Kook

douglas
udonmap.com

Re: Is there a VIP morning bus to Pattaya-beyond...

Post by douglas » April 25, 2009, 1:54 pm

Hi,
A mate of mine caught one in Udon last year dropped him off in town at 0730hrs and he said bus goes at 0750hrs. does not go directly stops in a few places, K.K. Korat etc. but goes over the mountain and misses BKK. Best to book your ticket beforehand in case bus fills up.. My mates just gone home to Germany for 4 weeks holiday so i can not get any more info. but I'm sure someone should know. The time taken to Pattaya from Udon was 10hrs. but will vary with traffic conditions and when he went they were still upgrading the mountain road to Dual carriageway. Anyone know the progress on the mountain road?
Cheers Doug.

bugseda
udonmap.com

Post by bugseda » April 25, 2009, 2:09 pm

Hi NT...and welcome to the forum. Please stand by while I adjust my M/C detector glasses ................

Ok, thanks for waiting....The bus company referred to as the "407" has 2 morning buses to Pattaya and several evening buses to Pattaya. I believe all are VIP and about 10 hours as they stop for a few minutes along the way.

if you can get to the station (near the complex) they post the times and sell the tickets on the spot.

I wish I could provide a telephone number but I can't and besides, unless you speak Thai I don't think you would be successful obtaining the info you desire.

Have a nice trip and hope you will contribute to the forum when you have time.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » April 25, 2009, 2:39 pm

Nok Tang - welcome, there is an existing thread on your question, further down the same Travel & Transport Forum, see here:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... ml#p128250

Topics now merged.- so see start of this thread onwards. ;)

NokTang
udonmap.com

Re: Pattaya - Udon Thani by bus?

Post by NokTang » October 4, 2009, 7:29 am

To update and make additional inquiry.....

Ended up flying back last visit. Flew up to KK, then bused to Udon Thani...Return on Thai Air at a very reasonable fare.

On my visit I looked around the bus station and came across a company called "Udon Air"? Very impressed, had the VIP bus with 1(good for me) and 2 seats across(total of three)... to Mo Chit in Bangkok... But I ended up flying. However, I'm not finding this company using various search methods. I'll be spending some time in BKK prior to my return and would like to know the times for this special VIP bus to compare with current airfares and related costs.

Anyone who knows the proper name or an actual link to the company please advise.

Thanks. Nok

frenchfarangjomtien

Post by frenchfarangjomtien » December 16, 2009, 7:11 pm

Hi,

Any complete times schedule of all bus companies leaving Udon Thani to BKK or Pattaya ?

Are buses available every 30 minutes all day long ?

Thanks.

jorg
udonmap.com

Post by jorg » December 17, 2009, 11:45 am

Buses to BKK are no problem, there are many buses (from different companies). I prefer Chantour (they have a website but Thai only, www.chantour.com). Chantours also does buses to Rayong (but from Khonkaen), I guess they stop in Pattaya to. I took a bus from Pattaya to Udon a few months ago, don't know the name any more. Just go to the central bus station and ask.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » April 22, 2010, 2:03 am

For the record: OMFG the 407 bus SUCKS!

I've been commuting daily both ways this week. I've taken VIP and the 2nd class buses. 2nd class is horrible. I cannot find adequate words to convey the experience. No toilet and they cram 30 people into the isle AND the idiot steward still tries to walk up and down the isle. Toilet breaksseem to be optional (old lady next to me pissed herself TWICE) and the bus broke down twice, but still did not let people off to piss - everyone did get to watch the driver relieve himself, though.

The VIP is less crowded, but isn't much better IMHO. If you sit in the bottom, bring a gas mask. You will be smelling toilet fumes the entire trip. Blankets provided are filthy. Travel time is 12hrs for either service. They seem to take the longest possible route through other cities. You can drive it yourself in 7-8 hours (if it weren't for needing sleep, I'd be driving).

Take the plane, but g/l finding a seat on short notice. Especially just after Songkran like now. Happy trails.

Return to “Travel & Transport”